Altador Cup: Staff Tournament Begins!

hrtbrk

This will be the 1st time I've participated in the Staff Tournament so I am flying blind on this. Does this game play the way we play the regular tournament? I was reading about it on the tournament page and the JN site but I couldn't find anything saying how many matches we play a day or if there is an option to play again if you don't like the results, like we have the option when playing against the other regular teams. I'm not really sure how this is going to work oh and do I have all day or is there a time frame that you have, ex, you can only play the Staff Tournament during 9am and 5pm. I wish things had been spelled out a little more in a Staff Tournament for dummies guide. I definitely qualify for a free copy of that guide, lol.

GOALIE                                            DEFENDERS                                                           FORWARDS

cmaforrad.png      aesop.pngunknown.png      missrainbow.pngdj-sally.png

"Every one has the fire,      "Kreludor is ready to     "I wonder what would    "Burrowed deep under a      Whether on the high
but only champions know   eclipse the other teams!     "happen if I..."           pile of skirts & dresses         seas or on the pitch,
when to ignite the spark."                                                                                 beaded bracelets, interior    there is no defence
                                                                                                                          décor, and strawberries...     against a Krawk Island

Miss Rainbow emerges. She               attack!" 

only breaches the surface of

this pile for a FEW reasons.

Playing in the Altador Cup is

one of them!"

@Granny63020 you don't have to do anything except pick your team .. each player on your team will play and give you points by the end of the week .. the better they play the more points you get .. you can change one/all of your team players at the end of each round , or keep them , based on how good/bad they performed.

At the end of the cup , a separate prize shop for the Staff Tournament will be available to redeem those points.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

@Granny63020 you don't have to do anything except pick your team .. each player on your team will play and give you points by the end of the week .. the better they play the more points you get .. you can change one/all of your team players at the end of each round , or keep them , based on how good/bad they performed.

At the end of the cup , a separate prize shop for the Staff Tournament will be available to redeem those points.

WELL! Doesn't that make it easy! I am really wishing I had done this before. Now I can't wait this will be the easiest points I have ever earned. Thanks for explaining this. After the Staff Tournament starts do they continue to play until the end of the regular tournament ends?

Also, After picking your team you can select one of your players as a star player. Just click on "Pick Star Player" and select someone from the popup. At the end of the week the star player will be announced along with the results. The category is always different and unknown to us until the end. It could be best performing newbie or anything else they come up with. It's basically just a gamble and you can only pick from your chosen team while they could have picked someone that wasn't even on your team (even players with terrible scores are star players at times).

Hoping my team does well!!  Did a combo of whose info & pics I like, and who I strategically think will spend a lot of time playing/score high.  And of course, the one and only Team Faerieland player must be my Star!!  tbh he deserves it for that beard alone!!!

staff.PNG

9 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

WELL! Doesn't that make it easy! I am really wishing I had done this before. Now I can't wait this will be the easiest points I have ever earned. Thanks for explaining this. After the Staff Tournament starts do they continue to play until the end of the regular tournament ends?

I usually check JN’s results from last year and pick the best ones , but this year there are a lot of new faces so I just picked whom I liked most ... 

i personally dont think they play at all and the results are just automated / randomly generated

You select a member by clicking on them (like you did, so you see their information) and then you click on the button "Add to my team" or something like that. One of the question marks will then be replaced by that player. Add two forwards, two defenders and one goalie and you're all set! Pick a Star player after picking your team and that's it.

It's also possible that you are too late to pick a team for this round. I just went to the page and I can't change my own team anymore right now. I'm not sure how long it's possible to pick a team for each round. They are "playing" now. So if it really doesn't work, try again after the first round ended.

So that's it? They play once and then you wait a week? 2 weeks? for them to play again? How many matches do the play? Based on the amount of time between plays 2 seems logical. Here's what happened. 

image.thumb.png.eddb3e9eac6930fffe324630630bc14c.png

Is this good, bad or average? I don't remember exactly but I was awarded 48?? NP's  So I went to JN and found some answers.

image.thumb.png.12546c49cbf73068bdef664d1ce260b0.png

Looking at JN I see they have it listed as there going to be 4 rounds then a total although given the time frame of the Altador Cup I don't see how they are going to manage 4 rounds but since I don't have a great understanding yet of all this I'm just trying to go with the flow. You all just wait till next year when I have all the knowledge from this year under my belt that I'm getting from the smartest people on this forum! Thanks to everyone for putting up with my dumb questions and answering them anyway. You have no idea how much I honestly appreciate all of the advice, information and help I'm getting from everyone. Thank you!

image.png

I will be changing MissRainbow for the pink female and probably Clammyhand for the best Team scoring male for next round.  Let's hope they keep their scores up and weren't burned out with one round!

Round 2 Team:

image.png

Scores for round 1:

image.png

You did good @Granny63020 Your scores are very nice!

I had the top two defense and goalie, just changed my forward to the people that won, otherwise I stayed the same, though I kind of want to keep the Faerieland Cowboy in xD

So now that I have the hang of playing there's more questions. I know there are 20 ranks. I am at rank 6. Is this a good average for this point in the game? What rank is everyone else at? 

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

So now that I have the hang of playing there's more questions. I know there are 20 ranks. I am at rank 6. Is this a good average for this point in the game? What rank is everyone else at? 

I'm not sure what a "Good Average" is at all, I currently am at Rank 18. I didn't play today, probably won't tomorrow as I'm just getting discouraged from FL losses in general & other life drama, last Saturday I didn't play due to some Family stuff, but every other day I think I maxed out YYB at the very least (only had one day where I think I only got 43 or 45 games of YYB in so not quite max) and some SoS games in, have had a few days where I maxed that out as well. So by the end of next week I should be over All-Star and I feel like I haven't done much myself xD 

I think the best thing I've seen people say about AC is to just set self goals and hit those (easier said than done to focus on that for sure! lol) I try not to worry about losing or winning rounds (I'm bad at that xD BUT GETTING BETTER LOL) as really that part is not a huge factor in the prizes and points at the end of the cup. I think if you set a goal for yourself and you hit it or do the best you can than you're doing great, regardless of other people's averages 🙂

2 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

The ranks have nothing to do with the staff tournament, those two are completely separate. As for what is a good rank, it depends on what you want, if you want to go for the top prizes or All Star, you're behind I think. if you don't care about any of that, every rank is just fine! my goal is to at least get to rank 1 lol. I've barely played due to a lot of real life things but mostly because I dislike grinding and I can never get myself to it. I'll probably try to get rank 1 this weekend.

3 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

It really depends on how much you can play. The more YYB wins or support game scores that qualify, the better your personal ranking and the more you win, the better your team does in the standings.

I JUST got to rank 2. I usually get somewhere between Rank 8-14 in the AC. Got to All-star ONCE among the ACs I've participated in, I don't even remember what the requirements were that year, other than I KNOW I missed out on cashing in my points at the Prize shop. lol Brutal, I know. I wish TNT would give a specific date when the prize shop closes.

Ah well.

As far as the Staff tourney goes. I did ok this time on Week 1. Total score for week 1 for me was 9423. Not too shabby imho. I usually base my week 1 team of my team(s) from the previous AC. I keep a screenshot record for reference. Though with staff changes, some have to change and then it's a guess. 😉

Same here, not the best team yet but not bad at all!

image.png

image.png

Keeping my team for this week because I want to stay loyal (and give them another chance) to Kikocat and Senor Malo) I've also kept Supagoo as Star player for this week.

I kept the same team for the 1st and 2nd weeks. There was a small decrease in points the 2nd week but no big deal. I did go on and leave the team the same for the 3rd week. The way my luck runs as soon as I change something I would end up wishing I hadn't have changed anything. Will this 3rd week be the last one they play or is there more?