Altador Cup Begins!

hrtbrk

Staff Cup has also opened! Not being able to DJ Skellington as my main forward for the first time in years is weird 😅

18 hours ago, iloveeevee said:

Does anyone else have issues with the game? Yooyuball keeps freezing mid game for me, I lost a bunch of scores like that 😞 actually i could only submit 3 scores and now it freezes every time

The games are loading and playing better than last year for me. Maybe it's your browser? I use Chrome but I've seen redditors recommend Firefox. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, phoenixgal said:

The games are loading and playing better than last year for me. Maybe it's your browser? I use Chrome but I've seen redditors recommend Firefox. 

Okay that's weird, I also use chrome but might try Firefox so ty!

I've seen someone else complain about it freezing on twitter now, but seems like it's not very common 😞 Looks like I'm just unlucky 

• 4 weeks later...

What in the world happened??? I clicked to play and this is what I got. I thought it ran thru July 3 and what and the Staff tournament?

image.png.18e69e385fbbfbc4cc32344dcb8cdd9e.png

2 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

What in the world happened??? I clicked to play and this is what I got. I thought it ran thru July 3 and what and the Staff tournament?

image.png.18e69e385fbbfbc4cc32344dcb8cdd9e.png

Friday was the last day for matches. Unless the results reveal a tie-breaker then there may be a day for that match to take place.

https://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/standings.phtml?tab=schedule&day=all

If you go there you can see all the other AC pages. The home page is broken right now while we wait for TNT to update it for the final results and prize shop and all that fun stuff.

The AC has a confusing schedule with rounds and break days.

Shoot! I thought I had 2 more days to play. I was so close to rank 12 I could have been there yesterday but thought I would just finish it today. I was like 16 games away playing the shootout. Now I'm really disappointed since it says it ends on July3!

8 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I was like 16 games away playing the shootout. Now I'm really disappointed since it says it ends on July3!

I forgot to tell you Granny, I'm sorry. I thought you knew. I mean, the finals are 5 days since there are 6 teams in every bracket, and Moltara was the final team we play.

Friday (yesterday) I worked 16 hours and I was swamped. Came back home very late at night and slept right away.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't play any games on the last day either.

I wasn't able to reply to your Neomail as well.

Unless the results reveal a tie-breaker then there may be a day for that match to take place.

That's not gonna happen this year though. Unless they nerf Meridell and the other cheating team(s)

45 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I forgot to tell you Granny, I'm sorry. I thought you knew. I mean, the finals are 5 days since there are 6 teams in every bracket, and Moltara was the final team we play.

It's not your fault! I just didn't know. I did play games Friday and I played so many trying to get to Rank 12 that  is when I decided to do the last few games Saturday (today). I'm just kicking myself 1) because I didn't know it was the last day and 2) because I didn't finish the last few games, kinda being lazy but I had already played a combo of games maybe 40 games total. That's why I stopped and figured I finish today. I haven't read anywhere that Friday would be the last day. Everything I read said July 3 was the last day. Sorry they had you working so many hours!

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

That's not gonna happen this year though. Unless they nerf Meridell and the other cheating team(s)

We can still hope they do! FL is in 4th right now and I'm so excited! I played so much the last two days and was so close to reaching all-star.

10 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

FL is in 4th right now

I don't think these standings are correct. but FL really did well in the finals, winning 4 out of 5 days 🙂 that makes their total wins 8 , not 11

AH HA! Bad girl! No, I'm kidding. I realize mistakes happen. I was disappointed though. I could have been Rank 12 although the best I've done in the past was a participation metal and I believe last year I did Rank at 1. WOOHOO! So, this yer with the help of Angelo and everyone else on the TDN forum I managed to get to Rank 11 so I am proud of myself for that. Next year I will be so ready that I may actually make it all the way to Rank 20! I could not have gotten to the Rank of 11 had it not been for my dear friend Angelo personally helping me all the way since the beginning. He answered all personal messages with all the the dumb questions I asked. Poor guy put up with a lot but remained patience and explained to me whatever I asked.  I'm not a rookie anymore! lol

Actually, it still says July 3rd on the rules page. And if you go to staff tournament it even mentions July 5th! I'm guessing it's just when the prize shop opens but they sure mislead us by saying July 3rd. I bet everyone would have expected to be able to level up until Sunday. (With Sundays being bye days maybe not Sunday itself, but at least Saturday).

image.png

Source: https://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/rules.phtml

On 7/2/2022 at 1:33 PM, Angeló said:

I don't think these standings are correct. but FL really did well in the finals, winning 4 out of 5 days 🙂 that makes their total wins 8 , not 11

I know we'll probably get bumped unless they calculated the final round differently. I think there's talk of nerfing teams with cheater groups too. Anything can change, but for right now I'm enjoying 4th place even though it might not last. We did extremely well in the finals!

What teams did the cheaters join this year? And really, how many cheater groups are there?

3 hours ago, Duma said:

What teams did the cheaters join this year? And really, how many cheater groups are there?

Meridell for one ... and JS are saying Darigan and Brightvale as well

Not all of them are cheaters .. the ACG (all cheater group) and ASG (all star group) work differently .. the ACG use bots and they even managed to bypass the captchas this year ... again ...

Does anyone know when they will have all the results? I was thinking they may have already finished their calculations or whatnot. If these so called cheater groups are found guilty what type of consequences do they face? Are *All Star Groups* considered to be cheaters as well What is JS I would like to read more about this. + 

On 7/4/2022 at 8:14 AM, Granny63020 said:

Does anyone know when they will have all the results? I was thinking they may have already finished their calculations or whatnot. If these so called cheater groups are found guilty what type of consequences do they face? Are *All Star Groups* considered to be cheaters as well What is JS I would like to read more about this. + 

Results "should" be out today as the staff tournament has ended. If not today, then definitely by the end of the week. What TNT will likely do is take away some of the wins these groups have accumulated throughout the cup and the end results would change. All Star Groups are a group of people that play the games properly without cheating. There is just a LOT of them and they band together to join a team and help them that year. Each year their loyalty changes. JS stands for JumpStart and they are the owners of Neopets.

I for one don't understand why anyone would want to join a cheating group knowingly. Why risk your account for a silly event? All you get are virtual prizes. I don't have any problem with the All Star Group, I mean, they just put in a LOT of time and effort!