Vote for the obelisk War! Round 234

Duma

Which faction are you joining this round?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining?

• Seekers
    • Thieves Guild
    • Awakened

Which faction are you joining for this round?

So, vote!

Good luck!

You must win in 10 battles each round in order to win the boons.

Oxbridge Prediction:

Obelisk Team        Last Win                Win %     Prediction
Awakened             2 rounds ago           32%         22%
Seekers                 7 rounds ago           30%         59%
Thieves Guild        5 rounds ago           23%         19%

Hi Duma, just so I'm on topic I voted for the Seekers. Real reason for posting is to ask how the eye surgery went and how you are feeling.

Looks like the Seekers are going strong so far! Just got home (visited Mom out of town for my bday (today)), and was checking in to see if you were able to do the poll Duma. Literally JUST got my PC turned on. lol To echo Granny, How'd things go Duma? Well, I'm hoping! ;D

It was completely painless! I never touched the painkillers they gave me. I did suffer from blurry vision at some days, other days my sight was perfect. The wound healed a bit slower then expected so the bandage lens came off Sunday evening instead of Friday. But, that's okay, since it was still painless. I did made sure to stay indoors as much as possible and to keep my medication schedule. Also I never went outside without my sunglasses AND my hat. Yesterday was a bad day for my vision (blurry all the time) but today seems like a good day so it will be my first day back at work.  Thanks for asking!

I haven't figured out what to vote for, I'll vote as soon as I have.

22 minutes ago, Duma said:

It was completely painless! I never touched the painkillers they gave me. I did suffer from blurry vision at some days, other days my sight was perfect. The wound healed a bit slower then expected so the bandage lens came off Sunday evening instead of Friday. But, that's okay, since it was still painless. I did made sure to stay indoors as much as possible and to keep my medication schedule. Also I never went outside without my sunglasses AND my hat. Yesterday was a bad day for my vision (blurry all the time) but today seems like a good day so it will be my first day back at work.  Thanks for asking!

I haven't figured out what to vote for, I'll vote as soon as I have.

GREAT!!! I'm so happy for you Duma! For me, the childhood fear would be seeing the knife or whatever coming at my eye. I've never had anything done to my eyes, but that is kind of a nightmare scenario that has stuck with me since I was little. LOL I hope you didn't see anything with the procedure you had done! I mean DURING of course! lol I am ecstatic that things seem like they went well! So awesome you didn't even need to touch your painkiller meds! ^__^

I'm DEFINITELY leaning toward The Seekers, but I'll check poll progress, if any, again tomorrow. Let the couple of folks left in my guild know where the poll is. But yeah, I'm probably going to go with The Seekers since both the poll here and Oxbridge both lean that way. 🙂

10 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

GREAT!!! I'm so happy for you Duma! For me, the childhood fear would be seeing the knife or whatever coming at my eye. I've never had anything done to my eyes, but that is kind of a nightmare scenario that has stuck with me since I was little. LOL I hope you didn't see anything with the procedure you had done! I mean DURING of course! lol I am ecstatic that things seem like they went well! So awesome you didn't even need to touch your painkiller meds! ^__^

There wasn't any knife needed with the TransPRK technique. They put a bunch of drops in your eyes (Which would already be horrible for you), One of which was a anesthetic drop, then they walked with you to the chair for you to lay down in. After taping your eyes so you can't blink, all that's left is stare into a laser light for about 45 seconds per eye, some more drops and a protective contact lens gets put in and it's done! The amount of drops after, now that was something. It didn't hurt but it was just so many of them, some every 2 hours, other drops every 3 hours,  2 other kinds of drops 2 times a day...

I'm now down to 3 kinds, 1 only once a day before bedtime, another 3 times a day and the last one at least 6 times but is allowed more often as they are only fake tears. I have more problems with shower water (without soap) in my eyes than I have with the drops so it's all good!

As for the vote: I am voting for the Seekers! It seems that one has the majority vote anyway.

3 hours ago, Duma said:

There wasn't any knife needed with the TransPRK technique. They put a bunch of drops in your eyes (Which would already be horrible for you), One of which was a anesthetic drop, then they walked with you to the chair for you to lay down in. After taping your eyes so you can't blink, all that's left is stare into a laser light for about 45 seconds per eye, some more drops and a protective contact lens gets put in and it's done! The amount of drops after, now that was something. It didn't hurt but it was just so many of them, some every 2 hours, other drops every 3 hours,  2 other kinds of drops 2 times a day...

I'm now down to 3 kinds, 1 only once a day before bedtime, another 3 times a day and the last one at least 6 times but is allowed more often as they are only fake tears. I have more problems with shower water (without soap) in my eyes than I have with the drops so it's all good!

As for the vote: I am voting for the Seekers! It seems that one has the majority vote anyway.

Ah ok! Cool there is no knife coming down at least! I guess that's more cataract surgery from what I've heard, how it was done. Not sure about now.

Wow! lol Yeah, SOOOOOO many drops would be horrible for me. (That and the protective lens which I'm assuming is like a contact lens) lol But it sounds like you're handling/handled them like a champ! :D

How long before you know the level of success with your vision correction? Or is 20/20 or better guaranteed with this procedure?

Cool! Seekers do look like the hands-down favorites! Which is great because I like their boons compared to the other factions this round. 😉

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

How long before you know the level of success with your vision correction? Or is 20/20 or better guaranteed with this procedure?

Cool! Seekers do look like the hands-down favorites! Which is great because I like their boons compared to the other factions this round. 😉

Friday I get my first checkup on that. Usually the vision is about 50% from what I've heard. My next checkup will be in a month. Full visual recovery typically takes about three months and from all the people that I've heard that did it, their vision is at like 120%. In my brochure it said that there will be one last checkup 1 year from now, mostly to see that it didn't decline again.

Now, Let us go Seek and Destroy XD!

30 minutes ago, Duma said:

Friday I get my first checkup on that. Usually the vision is about 50% from what I've heard. My next checkup will be in a month. Full visual recovery typically takes about three months and from all the people that I've heard that did it, their vision is at like 120%. In my brochure it said that there will be one last checkup 1 year from now, mostly to see that it didn't decline again.

Now, Let us go Seek and Destroy XD!

That's pretty awesome to learn the timeline!

But, wow, vision at 120%! That's AMAZING! I've heard it can be better than 20/20, but I haven't heard much on eye-procedures in a very long time. But 120% is really awesome! I hope your's gets/stays NICE and highly accurate! ^_

LOL Yes! LOVED that punchline! I joined The Seekers as well, just updated the poll to reflect that. XD