Altador Cup Sign Ups Open!

hrtbrk

2 hours ago, xonceinadream said:

Haven't played in a couple of years so I'm excited to be back at it. I never expect Faerieland to win so it's perfect to have no pressure. 😂

I'm joining Faerieland again this year! Nice to see another Faerie around here! If you're interested, stop on by the FLUFF neoboard during the AC for some great friends, friendly competition, giveaways, and most importantly, the motivation to make it through. 🙂

I'm hoping to reach All-Star this year and possibly double All-Star if I can manage it! :happydance:

Are there any predictions  based on precious years as to what team has the highest probability of winning the cup? Since this starts June 7 what will be the last day that you can sign up to play/participate?

There is no way of knowing. There is a group of All Star players (and another one of All Cheater players) who join a different team each year .. but they keep it secret until the Cup actually starts ... and I believe the last day to join a team is a couple days after the Cup starts ...

C'mon Maraqua!

For my 12th AC the "signing bonus" I got was a Plushie Yooyu. lol Not bad!

I doubt it'll happen, but I WISH they'd let us "pad" our personal stats on Sundays! It USED to be that way against the practice team. Otherwise, there's really no incentive to play on the "days off" from the actual competition. Ok, 3k from score-sends, but that's hardly anything to get excited about. :P

*sigh* I wish they'd give a SPECIFIC date when the previous year's prize shop closes. I went looking on the 21st, and the shop was already closed. Ah well, didn't have a LOT of points from last year, but still. Would've been nice to spend the couple thou I had. 😕

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

There is no way of knowing. There is a group of All Star players (and another one of All Cheater players) who join a different team each year .. but they keep it secret until the Cup actually starts ... and I believe the last day to join a team is a couple days after the Cup starts ...

Angelo, do you mean that there are actual neopet players that are All Stars and there are actual Neo players that are cheating throughout the cup? I hope that you mean they are cup players (neopet characters). I'm confused.

4 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Angelo, do you mean that there are actual neopet players that are All Stars and there are actual Neo players that are cheating throughout the cup? I hope that you mean they are cup players (neopet characters). I'm confused.

Granny, there are humans who are members of All-Star guilds that often PICK a team and work hard to boost that team to victory. That's within the rules. There have been rumors of cheater guilds too though. I don't know anything about them other than rumors I see here. I don't typically frequent the Neoboards much but I'm sure TNT quashes any topics about them pretty quickly.

I can try to imagine what they do. I don't know if you can bot the games, (have a program play them for you), but I can imagine other ways to kind of stack the deck without cheating at the games. Probably technically legal, but very bad sportsmanship. Since I don't know, I won't post what I'm wondering about anywhere. I don't believe anyone here would use the tactics, but better safe than sorry. Right? 😉 And if what I'm imagining might be new, I don't wanna put any ideas out there.

It's hard enough to play the game enough to make rank-points (For me at least), without worrying about other players and what they are doing. I mean, I can score plenty of goals usually. But, the goal totals don't count towards rank-points, sadly. 😞  If they did, I might make All-Star... I somehow fluked into All-Star one year. lol I forget what AC that was though. lol

It just, seems sad/pathetic to me. Cheating, especially in a free-game like Neo in general.
I mean I used to have a LOT of trouble playing YYB. Now I can usually get a score of 17 at least 1 time per AC. If I'm lucky, a few 16s too!

Scores only help your team though, not your rank or prize-shop points. I don't get to play as much as I would like, frankly, it gets more than a bit tedious. Playing a bunch of games of YYB every day. Sundays were the one day I often would have a little extra TIME to do some more games, if I felt like it. To improve my personal rank. Which is why I'm still frustrated that TNT took that away from us. 😞

Anyway, just go with your team and do your best. It's all we can really do. We don't know what team the TOP AC guilds will go with, so we can just try our best for the team we choose. 🙂

I'm not a regular player or devoted to any certain team. That's why I asked in an earlier comment if there were any predictions on the teams. I have not a clue what team to go with but I certainly want to try an be an asset to whatever team I join instead of a disappointment. When Angelo posted that comment I found it to be unbelievable that real people want to cheat at free games on Neo. Of course I have heard in the past about people using *bots* but I thought that was referring to people trying to buy up items in Neo shops and I know that isn't allowed which again I would have no clue as how to use because cheating never crosses my mind. Everything I have, I have earned. I'm not a great or good player when it comes to playing for the cup but I do the best I can. You said ... All-Star guilds that often PICK a team and work hard to boost that team to victory. I don't think even if I were a good player that I would want to associate with  them. It would feel more like cheating to me although you said it isn't technically cheating. This is the only forum I read and follow because I trust the members here. Thanks for explaining this though. What you said makes sense and helps explain a few things better for me. I guess my best bet is to decide on a team and just do the best I can for it. Win, lose or draw I'll at least give it my best shot! Good luck to all that plan to play!

I don't know how they cheat either .. but some people on the boards mentioned automatic score sending .. which is why TNT introduced Captchas that stop those bots from refreshing the games automatically (and made life for the rest of us even harder) .. I already put 5-6 hours every day into playing .. (well this year i won't be able to anyway cz of work) ...

@Granny63020 you are welcome to join Shenkuu 😉

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

I don't know how they cheat either .. but some people on the boards mentioned automatic score sending .. which is why TNT introduced Captchas that stop those bots from refreshing the games automatically (and made life for the rest of us even harder) .. I already put 5-6 hours every day into playing .. (well this year i won't be able to anyway cz of work) ...

@Granny63020 you are welcome to join Shenkuu 😉

Yeah, I like YYB, I just can't play that much every blasted day. Cheaters just make it worse for everyone who plays fairly.

@Granny63020 Just choose a team you like! For most participants, it's mostly about personal goals and prize shop points at the end. I've been a loyal Faerieland supporter for years and we're usually at the bottom somewhere.