I finally gave in (PaleMoon +Flash)

Secre

After two years odd waiting on neopets to get their backsides into gear, I have finally given in and downloaded PaleMoon. Why? Because without the games, I'd all but lost interest in Neopets. It's frankly a miracle that I lasted as long as I did when the main things I was interested in were trophy and avatar hunting. 

I never thought I'd be so grateful to see this:

image.png.d5f45026ed86ecba5aff8932af803880.png

I have less than days before the AC to get back into the swing of neopets again though...

14 minutes ago, Angeló said:

My Palemoon doesn't play Flash !!

How is this possible ? :D

I had the same issue. I downloaded regular Flash and it didn't work. I ended up following the first comment here (which my husband would have killed me if it went wrong!): 

The comment was: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxobqr9nf2uext5/CleanFlash_34.0.0.192_Installer.exe use this

And that seemed to work perfectly!

I got curious about what "Clean Flash" is (and how safe it is), so I looked into it, and figured I'd post what I found here, in case anyone else is interested:

• Apparently Flash is still supported in China, where it can be downloaded from the official Chinese Flash site, and receives one security update per month. However, this download includes an adware program called "Flash Helper", which might contain malware.
  • A developer decided to create the installer (from the Reddit comment), which installs this Chinese, updated version of Flash, without the adware. The code for the installer was available on GitHub.
  • Adobe did not like this at all, and had the code taken down due to copyright infringement.

(Source: https://torrentfreak.com/adobe-uses-dmca-to-nuke-project-that-keeps-flash-alive-secure-adware-free-211012/)

• It appears someone saved the installer and uploaded it to dropbox.
  • The most recent Flash version (as of May 10, 2022) is 34.0.0.242 (as seen in the sidebar on Wikipedia's Flash entry), which is a newer version than the one from the installer, so I'd strongly suggest checking if you receive updates at all, or if this could potentially turn into a security risk for your computer.
  • I guess this does seem to be the ~safest~ way to install Flash at this point in time, but I'd still encourage everybody who wants to try this to be very aware of any potential security risks you might expose your computer to. (And to keep up-to-date on any developments regarding this version of Flash.)

Also, be sure to check out the (archived) GitHub download page of Clean Flash Player, which includes all the necessary information about the installer & compatible browsers: https://archive.org/details/Clean_Flash_Player_Archived

11 hours ago, Nielo said:

I got curious about what "Clean Flash" is (and how safe it is), so I looked into it, and figured I'd post what I found here, in case anyone else is interested:

• Apparently Flash is still supported in China, where it can be downloaded from the official Chinese Flash site, and receives one security update per month. However, this download includes an adware program called "Flash Helper", which might contain malware.
  • A developer decided to create the installer (from the Reddit comment), which installs this Chinese, updated version of Flash, without the adware. The code for the installer was available on GitHub.
  • Adobe did not like this at all, and had the code taken down due to copyright infringement.

(Source: https://torrentfreak.com/adobe-uses-dmca-to-nuke-project-that-keeps-flash-alive-secure-adware-free-211012/)

• It appears someone saved the installer and uploaded it to dropbox.
  • The most recent Flash version (as of May 10, 2022) is 34.0.0.242 (as seen in the sidebar on Wikipedia's Flash entry), which is a newer version than the one from the installer, so I'd strongly suggest checking if you receive updates at all, or if this could potentially turn into a security risk for your computer.
  • I guess this does seem to be the ~safest~ way to install Flash at this point in time, but I'd still encourage everybody who wants to try this to be very aware of any potential security risks you might expose your computer to. (And to keep up-to-date on any developments regarding this version of Flash.)

Also, be sure to check out the (archived) GitHub download page of Clean Flash Player, which includes all the necessary information about the installer & compatible browsers: https://archive.org/details/Clean_Flash_Player_Archived

Thank you for looking into this and explaining it so well! I am... not the most technologically advanced and probably shouldn't have downloaded it without doing my research. You've made me feel a little better about my admittedly impulsive decision!!

I've been hearing about Pale Moon from other players and from this forum. I was always to scared to take a chance and try something new especially since I am concerned about downloading then not being able to make it work. After reading comments again yesterday about Pale Moon I thought these are people I have become to trust so I decided to take a chance and downloaded. Before doing so I did read what I found on the net about Pale Moon and felt a little more comfortable in doing so. I did think though that when it said it would work with FireFox and ME that it meant I would have flash on those 2 platforms. I wasn't sure how this *clean flash* was going to work. Well, of course I downloaded the clean flash but it didn't connect to the 2. Since I pay a yearly fee to Geek Squad to maintain and fix my devices I called them and a great tech was able to set up Pale Moon for me and show me how the flash works from the P M site and not through FireFox and ME. She even helped me set up Neo and TDN bookmarks to keep me from getting lost again. I'm happy to say I am glad I did this because it was fun to play the games I've been missing since flash. Maybe Neo will figure a way to start paying more attention to bringing back more of the old games  although I think they are working on it but it seems so slow in making it happen. Anyway, I want to say thank you to my trusted friends here because of you I took the chance and I'm happy I did.