Well, that's new. I think I just got an attempt at AC Head Hunting!

Secre

*mods, feel free to move this into the new AC board once it's created. I had a looksie and it doesn't seem to be available right now so went for General instead.

I just received a very nice and polite email congratulating me on my Altador Cup scores and number of plays last year, noting that I switched teams a lot and asking if I'd already picked a team for this year. 

Interestingly, the individual has been with three different teams in four years. Those teams have ranked 1st twice and 2nd twice. Could this be a SOTAC head hunt or am I just blowing my own trumpet?

18 minutes ago, Angeló said:

It does indeed look like SOTAC is trying to recruit you !!

So I've gone from not knowing what SOTAC was two years ago to being head hunted! That's a turn up for the books!

14 hours ago, enitul said:

Congrats! But now I'm curious. How much time do you spend every day on the AC to get scores like that?

I had a job that required very, very little effort from me at the time. I'd spent a long time getting all the ducklings in order and by the time last years AC came around, I could essentially doss for four days, work manically for half a day to a day and then sit and doss again. And all my reports looked like I'd worked hard all week! This meant that I got all my YYB and a lot of MSN/SOSD done in the working day. 

I then had absolutely no life. My poor husband was counting down the days by the end of the Cup as I'd sit all evening and play either SOSD or SS on my phone as those were the two games that worked on my phone. We did go on holiday for a long weekend which screwed me over slightly as there was no way I could sit in a hotel room and play AC. So for those days I just tried to max SOSD in the evening so I didn't get too far behind.

So essentially, I was putting in anywhere between 8-12 hours I suspect with brief spurts of working, eating and then sleeping! It got me Double All-Star... and very sore fingers!

I'm not sure what this year will bring. I have a new job which actually requires me to work most of the time. And if it goes manic it requires me to work ALL of the time! I'm hoping to be able to get All-Star at lease. If I can max YYB every day and put some time into SOSD in the evening, I should get there. I don't think Double All-Star is a runner though!

10 hours ago, Secre said:

I had a job that required very, very little effort from me at the time. I'd spent a long time getting all the ducklings in order and by the time last years AC came around, I could essentially doss for four days, work manically for half a day to a day and then sit and doss again. And all my reports looked like I'd worked hard all week! This meant that I got all my YYB and a lot of MSN/SOSD done in the working day. 

I then had absolutely no life. My poor husband was counting down the days by the end of the Cup as I'd sit all evening and play either SOSD or SS on my phone as those were the two games that worked on my phone. We did go on holiday for a long weekend which screwed me over slightly as there was no way I could sit in a hotel room and play AC. So for those days I just tried to max SOSD in the evening so I didn't get too far behind.

So essentially, I was putting in anywhere between 8-12 hours I suspect with brief spurts of working, eating and then sleeping! It got me Double All-Star... and very sore fingers!

I'm not sure what this year will bring. I have a new job which actually requires me to work most of the time. And if it goes manic it requires me to work ALL of the time! I'm hoping to be able to get All-Star at lease. If I can max YYB every day and put some time into SOSD in the evening, I should get there. I don't think Double All-Star is a runner though!

Sound very impressive. And I'm just happy when I get All-Star since I have less than 6 hours a day (including a little 'free time' since the work I do can be pretty exhausting). But I at least try to max out YYB every day so that's at least something. XD But I'm sure you'll definitely get All-Star again this year. So don't worry about that too much. 🙂

3 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

What is AC Head Hunting?

Also Are the maxes for each game the same still or did it change?

There are teams that recruit the higher end players to join a team together and get them to the podium.

I suspect the maxes will be the same. We won't know until it starts though.

13 hours ago, enitul said:

Sound very impressive. And I'm just happy when I get All-Star since I have less than 6 hours a day (including a little 'free time' since the work I do can be pretty exhausting). But I at least try to max out YYB every day so that's at least something. XD But I'm sure you'll definitely get All-Star again this year. So don't worry about that too much. 🙂

Or just very sad! I fully admit that I had no life other than the AC for the entire month! Good luck with maxing YYB!

Got ya! How do they really know though? Besides you actually posting your plays on the board or the like, I am not sure how they would know 100% because couldn't someone lie?

Although now that I think about it isn't there like a top scorers board or something? I can't remember, I think that was for the players themselves though (in Yooyu)

14 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Got ya! How do they really know though? Besides you actually posting your plays on the board or the like, I am not sure how they would know 100% because couldn't someone lie?

Although now that I think about it isn't there like a top scorers board or something? I can't remember, I think that was for the players themselves though (in Yooyu)

You can see your stats for each year on your userlookup for the trophy of that year, so maybe that's how they checked.

19 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

You can see your stats for each year on your userlookup for the trophy of that year, so maybe that's how they checked.

I totally forgot you could click on the trophies! lol Thanks for the reminder haha

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

There are several petpages with like top players from each team etc

pretty sure Secre’s name was mentioned

I always ask that my name isnt included , even though my rank always sucks  

Oh that's really neat! Do you have any links to them? It'd be neat to take a look

23 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Oh that's really neat! Do you have any links to them? It'd be neat to take a look

http://www.neopets.com//~AbsoluteCorruption

I only remember this one , but there were others dedicated to each team separately