Vote for the obelisk War! Round 233

Duma

Which faction are you joining for the 233rd round?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 233rd round?

• The Sway
    • Thieves Guild
    • Brute Squad

Which faction are you joining for the 233rd round?

So, vote!

Good luck!

You must win in 10 battles each round in order to win the boons.

Oxbridge Prediction:

Obelisk Team     Last Win               Win %      Prediction
Brute Squad         9 rounds ago         25%         37%
The Sway             5 rounds ago          56%         50%
Thieves Guild       4 rounds ago          23%         13%

3 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hey Duma! How'd things go with the eyes? Thanks for posting the poll! Was just coming here in case I needed to do it instead. 😉

Hmmm.... I'm leaning toward The Sway since I like their boons the best, but I'll wait a little, see how others vote.

I went with Sway myself, there was one boon in Thieves I was interested in, but there's two I like in Sway so I went with them 🙂

8 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hey Duma! How'd things go with the eyes? Thanks for posting the poll! Was just coming here in case I needed to do it instead. 😉

Hmmm.... I'm leaning toward The Sway since I like their boons the best, but I'll wait a little, see how others vote.

My eye surgery will be next week Tuesday, so it will be during a boons week it seems 🙂

I'm leaning towards Sway myself, I'll see either tonight or tomorrow morning who has the majority of votes and then decide who I'll join.

Duma, I wanted to thank you again for stepping up and posting this each week. I missed it when it wasn't being posted. I depend a lot on the TDN forums for information so when I asked about it being posted again and you started doing it I couldn't have been happier or more thankful. I took in for granted before and have no idea  (it wasn't you I think?) who was actually posting the Fraction poll in the past.  Weird how things are just taken for granted and you don't miss them until they're gone. Good luck with you eyes next week. I have had several eye surgeries (at least, 5) so I do know what you are experiencing. Cataracts, Lens Replacement, Laser, Bleeding behind my eyes, etc.   None were fun but very beneficial to my sight. I too have another coming up because of floaters and more bleeding. It isn't to stop the previous it is a new area. The worse for me is because it is both eyes and they can't do both eyes at once, there is always the 2 week wait between each surgery. I've been fortunate that each time my sight has improved. My sister hasn't been so lucky and is now league y   blind although she has had several surgeries to try to correct her sight. 

12 hours ago, Duma said:

My eye surgery will be next week Tuesday, so it will be during a boons week it seems 🙂

I'm leaning towards Sway myself, I'll see either tonight or tomorrow morning who has the majority of votes and then decide who I'll join.

Cool! If for some reason I don't see a poll from you when the next faction selection begins, I'll assume your eyes need a bit more time to heal and will do the poll if you haven't already.

Best of luck with the surgery!!! I'll be hoping and praying for MAJOR success!! ^_^

Granny, I think it was lianakos who was doing the polls. Not a staffer, just a member who had pretty faithfully been doing it since the beginning, I think. I don't know why they vanished, but I'm grateful they kept it up as long as they did. 🙂

Awwww man! I'm sorry to learn of the troubles you and your sister have had with your vision. 😞

I was born with a cataract in the center of my right pupil. It's still there, still visible to the naked eye. It... I think they said it flattened out when I was still a baby, so it doesn't actually bother my vision, but I have to wonder about laser surgery, if that might cause some issues... Anyway, I'm sure I have cataracts that are non-visible to my naked eye. Because if I look at a street-light/lamp I can see a corona around it with either eye. They (the corona) look cool, but I've heard that that means there are some cataracts forming. *sigh* The thought of anything messing with my eyes, like surgery, is absolutely TERRIFYING. Especially if I could SEE the device. It would be so hard to not move my eye(s) or blink.... Which would of course, royally screw up the operation. Which would be much worse than having it at all, at least for right now. Plus I've ALWAYS hated and been super sensitive to eyedrops. >_< MORESO since they got messed with in a hotel pool. I went swimming in it during a family vacation when I was about 8. Apparently, the chlorine smell was fairly strong and since then I can't even get TAP-Water in my eyes without pain. One would think that over 3 decades later my eyes would've recovered from that, but nope!

I can relate. I can NOT keep my eyes open for the surgery so they fixed that and clamped them open. Holding the clamps in place with tape because my blink was so strong I pulled the clamps out. LOL. My eyes was having nothing to do with the procedure. They have a solution for people like us! I also can NOT do eye drops. I close my eyes they drop them in the corner then I blink the stuff in. I'm a big baby when it comes to my eyes. I also see an aurora around street lights and on coming headlights. I try to avoid driving at night if at all possible. Getting old really sucks sometimes. Trust me though, if you have the laser surgery if you have no will they still have a way. You won't blink!

LOL Granny, had to laugh about the clamps! Maybe they should've tried like a temporary version of Super Glue? lol j/k 😉

The laser thing, because of the visible cataract I was born with. That's like, I guess an air-pocket in there, if I recall how it was described to me at whenever my last eye-exam was. Well, if the laser is HOT, I'm concerned that would heat up whatever air might be int hat pocket. And you know what happens to heated air in a small bubble, like a balloon, it bursts. So... I really need to talk to an eye-doctor about that. It's a VERY OLD, almost a childhood fear of mine. I just haven't had the time, incentive, nor the funds at the ready for a full eye exam. I don't even know how much one would cost anymore. lol That being said, I would HATE getting my pupils dilated. I heard they can use puffs of air now, which DOES sound better than eye-drops. But still! lol

Boy, I hope this talk doesn't get Duma worried. I mean, you're talking experience, and I'm talking childhood fears. @Duma, don't worry, ok? We're just talking *euphemism* here. I'm sure your doc knows what they are doing and YOU WILL BE FINE! Alright?
You'll have friends praying and hoping you will be well too! Just follow the doc's instructions, stay calm, do your post-op treatment, which I'm assuming is eyedrops and no screens, and YOU WILL NEVER NEED GLASSES AGAIN! :D  Just keep that in-mind, NO MORE GLASSES! ^_^ No more getting fitted, no more worrying about losing or breaking them. No more need for adjustments to the lens strength or new frames! You've GOT THIS, Duma! So BEST OF LUCK next week! We'll be rooting for you! ^_^

EDIT: I decided to join The Sway! Just added my vote to the tally too!

I joined The Sway too! Let's hope they win even if I won't be able to enjoy the boons much 😂

Also, I'm not worried, because of the shape of my eye and the fact that I practice martial arts they decided on a "laser only" surgery. Your eyes get clamps so you can't blink and you get a pain killer and something to keep you calm. Then all you need to do is stare to a laser light for about a minute for each eye and it's done. I will need a lot of eye drops and yes that will be horrible because I can't stand water in my eyes either even though I never had something bad in my eye. But I'll just make sure I keep the after-op en pre-op schedule and I'm sure it will be fine! I can't wait to actually be able to see in practice and without glasses

13 hours ago, Duma said:

I joined The Sway too! Let's hope they win even if I won't be able to enjoy the boons much 😂

Also, I'm not worried, because of the shape of my eye and the fact that I practice martial arts they decided on a "laser only" surgery. Your eyes get clamps so you can't blink and you get a pain killer and something to keep you calm. Then all you need to do is stare to a laser light for about a minute for each eye and it's done. I will need a lot of eye drops and yes that will be horrible because I can't stand water in my eyes either even though I never had something bad in my eye. But I'll just make sure I keep the after-op en pre-op schedule and I'm sure it will be fine! I can't wait to actually be able to see in practice and without glasses

I just voted for the Sway as well, now lets hope they win. I few weeks ago I can't remember who it was I voted for but they won and I just didn't like any pf the boons but had to choose so I had chose the Black Market Goods. The one where you can see the more expensive or items with higher  Rarity. I had never used that boon before so before I hose it I went to JN and read everything I could find about the boon. It seems that when a higher Rarity item is displayed it highlights to let you know which one it is. I opened ALL of the shops that sold these items in separate tabs and for an entire week I spent every waking moment checking these shops for the highlighted items. I had great success in buying items at a discounted price from the shops. I was able to stock my shop and to get some great items for my gallery that I didn't already have. Here's the problem... NOT ONE TIME did I get a highlighted item from that boon. I don't know how that was possible maybe just bad luck but I stayed on top of refreshing the shops and I was sure I would at least see one highlighted item in at least one shop. As this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone have luck when using this boon? I will never chose it again and if it comes down to it I will not chose any of the boons. I will let the week pass as if I didn't win. Since I am a premium member I always chose the cards to scratch for the extra NP's from the Space Faerie because the game boon doesn't do it for me. I might try the games when we get more available but the cards are the way to go.   I don't scratch any cards I get each Friday until I win and get that as a boon. I've went as long as to have more than 40 cards at the highest which was quite profitable but that was only once the normal is around 10 cards which is still a good amount.  Last week I voted, don't remember for who, and I commented on the fractions and when I went to play war on Thursday is when I found out I had forgot to join a fraction. DUH! I made sure I signed up this time. I have triple checked. LOL

23 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL Granny, had to laugh about the clamps! Maybe they should've tried like a temporary version of Super Glue? lol j/k 😉

The laser thing, because of the visible cataract I was born with. That's like, I guess an air-pocket in there, if I recall how it was described to me at whenever my last eye-exam was. Well, if the laser is HOT, I'm concerned that would heat up whatever air might be int hat pocket. And you know what happens to heated air in a small bubble, like a balloon, it bursts. So... I really need to talk to an eye-doctor about that. It's a VERY OLD, almost a childhood fear of mine. I just haven't had the time, incentive, nor the funds at the ready for a full eye exam. I don't even know how much one would cost anymore. lol That being said, I would HATE getting my pupils dilated. I heard they can use puffs of air now, which DOES sound better than eye-drops. But still! lol

Boy, I hope this talk doesn't get Duma worried. I mean, you're talking experience, and I'm talking childhood fears. @Duma, don't worry, ok? We're just talking *euphemism* here. I'm sure your doc knows what they are doing and YOU WILL BE FINE! Alright?
You'll have friends praying and hoping you will be well too! Just follow the doc's instructions, stay calm, do your post-op treatment, which I'm assuming is eyedrops and no screens, and YOU WILL NEVER NEED GLASSES AGAIN! :D  Just keep that in-mind, NO MORE GLASSES! ^_^ No more getting fitted, no more worrying about losing or breaking them. No more need for adjustments to the lens strength or new frames! You've GOT THIS, Duma! So BEST OF LUCK next week! We'll be rooting for you! ^_^

EDIT: I decided to join The Sway! Just added my vote to the tally too!

Yeah, they had me pegged! The eye puff of air isn't really that bad although I didn't like it. If your Eye Dr thought for a minute that it would damsge your eye with a puff of air I promise you they would not do it. You have been living with this your entire life which I can't imagine. Don't you wonder what it would be like for you if you had this removed/repaired? The laser is not hot. Oh and in today's world a lot of insurance co cover the cost of eye exams or make them so reasonable in cost that it is possible to afford. Really, if you close your eyes and they drop the drops in the corner you can blink them in. Also the pain meds they give you for your eyes are administer through drops as well and they do the same thing for me. Close my eyes drop them in the corner and blink them in. I have Medicare and Humana so even they have eye coverage and dental now without extra charges to me, part of my plan. Since I have Diabetes once a year they can bill the insurance under medical so everything is covered without copays. A lot of the (maybe all?) of my surgeries on my eyes have been covered under medical because the diabetes is the cause of the problems. What I find to be the most ridiculous part of the Ins is when we have normal sight we can see close up and far away. Well when you have your eye lens replace, I've had both replaced, I had to chose if I wanted to see far away or close up. In order for me to have both it would have cost me about $5000 out of pocket to have both. Since we couldn't afford that I took the Dr's advice got the far away sight lens. He said it would be better because I could get readers for close up and I really am glad I listened to him although it's hard to believe you have to make a choice on such an important part of your life.  I do have the readers but I find myself zooming things to about 150% so I can see without the readers.