Vote for Obelisk War! Round 228!

Duma

Vote for Obelisk War! Week 18 2022  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Which faction are you joining this round?

• Seekers
    • Awakened
    • Thieves

So, vote!

Good luck!

You must win in 10 battles each round in order to win the boons

Oxbridge Prediction:

Obelisk Team

Last Win

Win %

Prediction

Awakened 2 rounds ago - 31% 32%
Seekers 5 rounds ago - 30% 40%
Thieves Guild 3 rounds ago - 23% 28%

Yeah, I haven't been doing much of my dailies lately so I haven't battled in ages. That's how it got passed me that this topic wasn't being posted anymore until Granny63020 asked for it. That's why, as soon as I had time, I checked the obelisk battle and noticed it was on a voting round, so I went ahead and made a topic. I'll try to keep posting it, but I will have eye surgery in a few weeks so I won't be able to come online during the recovery time. Let's hope it's during a cooling off period and no new topic is needed.

I joined Seekers this round too btw!

Cool Duma! Thanks!

Oh boy! I hope it's not super serious eye-surgery! Cataracts or less I hope! 😞
How long will you be offline after the eye-surgery? I've been trying to be more active here, maybe I can do the poll during your down-time?

I'm getting my eyes lasered on the 24th of this month just so I don't need any more glasses, nothing serious luckily! I'll have to avoid screens for at least 1 week after surgery. After that I'm allowed to work as well, so looking at screens shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Thank goodness it's "something less"! XD And hey, cool you won't have to worry about glasses anymore! ^_^
You know.... I've been noticing some little issues with my vision lately, I suppose my eyes are at the age where they start to go a little 'off'. lol I don't know if laser would work for me though because I have a cataract in my right eye. Nothing serious, I was born with it and it doesn't impact my vision at all from what I've been told. (Apparently during my first year of life or so, it flattened so was not an issue that needed attention). It's just a visible white speck when looked at. lol Even with the naked eye. 😉

But because of it being a cataract, I'm not sure if the laser procedure would cause some kind of reaction. I have to check on that someday. 😉 I also have, well... not sure what their OFFICIAL name is, but I call 'em "Floaters". little spots that seem to change shape, lessen, or increase over time. But they're not in a fixed-location in my field of vision, which makes me think it has something to do with some liquid involved, since it looks like they are floating/moving through my field of vision. It's... weird and a little distracting at times. lol

Anyway, sorry. ^^; I haven't thought about that in awhile, but I did while replying. lol Anyway, GOOD luck with the surgery! If your recovery time coincides with the next faction selection I can take care of the poll that week. 🙂

(I know we're going a little off topic here) BUT I know those floaters and everyone has them from time to time I think. If I recall correctly I believe they had something to do with protein cells from your eyes that got broken down or somehow came into your eye liquid, as they float around in there and get broken down, they might come in front of your "field of vision".

Thanks in advance for offering to take care of the poll if it happens to be that week!

1 hour ago, Duma said:

(I know we're going a little off topic here) BUT I know those floaters and everyone has them from time to time I think. If I recall correctly I believe they had something to do with protein cells from your eyes that got broken down or somehow came into your eye liquid, as they float around in there and get broken down, they might come in front of your "field of vision".

Thanks in advance for offering to take care of the poll if it happens to be that week!

Interesting! I didn't know that! Thanks! That would explain why they are not anchored in one place and why their shape, size and number changes over time. I've had some since I was in high school. lol Sometimes more annoying than others. 😉

And you're welcome! Just PM me here or NM on Neopets. My discord is down temporarily so I can't chat right now.

Have a good weekend! ^_^

If the Skirmish guild went with Seekers, and another major team found that out, they might have done everything they could to make sure the Seekers didn't win. There are a few major battle groups and for some strange reason they don't like cooperating with each other.

I will usually battle the runner-up in predictions and/or poll twice as much as I battle the 3rd "ranked" faction. Obviously it doesn't always work. lol But it's a good policy, especially if the #2 in the Poll and/or predictions was CLOSE to #1. 😉

Oh well, we'll  (hopefully) get them next time. 😉