New and Appreciative

Hi! A newbie to neopets basically, I played as a kid and now just back again for 2 months. I had forgotten how many things were cute or wacky on the site, makes me happy. I found the Dailies and have been using the page so thanks for that! Joining the forums now because I don't understand the tech side of it and have already been having major issues so I'm hoping to find support here. I can offer... omelettes? ... in return ha 🙂 Please message me if you might know how to address games issues - I get an error of "Score Submission Failed - Window Expired" consistently for the last 1.5 months. Haven't found any solutions from old posts yet.

Cheers everyone!

welcome back^^

on which game did that happen, or is it all of them? i know a glitch with fashion fever is that you need to spend at least 10 seconds and cick around enough for you to be able to submit a score without an error message. (i usually click random a bunch of times and change one clothes item manually and it works). but maybe someone else who knows more can help you out better 🙂 

Welcome (back)!

This thread on the neoboards mentions the same issue you have, but it also mentions various other issues with score sending, so I'm not sure if they all have the same solution. If any, that is, because there's no actual solution in the thread, just that it might have to do with the 'stackpath' verification thing that keeps popping up (which might not be the cause of your issue, as I've only seen an annoying increase in that in the past week or so).

But yeah, it'd be useful to know which games this happens with. Is there any chance you've somehow found a way to keep playing Flash games? Because from what I gather, you might still be able to play those games when you use a work-around to get Flash, but score sending no longer works.
(And I feel the need to add this bit, just in case: if you are using a work-around to still play Flash games, I hope you're doing so while fully aware of the risks of using Flash now that it's no longer supported.)

Thanks for responding y'all. The 'window expired' error happens for every single game in the new games room - on my laptop. I tested it out on my mobile the other day and the games can submit scores (not fun to play tho). This makes me think it's an issue somewhere on my PC laptop, rather than with the account itself. I got pale moon/flash to work for one session on my laptop after this problem occurred. The security bit does worry me so I'd rather skip it.

What I've tried so far, no results:
-waiting 10s to submit game scores
-clearing my cache of cookies, restarting browser, logging out and in to account
-manage cookies > allow neopets.com > always (and i tried it with session too)
-futilely created a ticket with TNT

Is it possible a security setting is preventing the submitting? I didn't make any sudden changes with any kinds of settings/programs around the time this started happening.

Thx and cheers!

Hmm, interesting. A few follow-up questions:

• What operating system are you using? (I'm not sure if there are any specific issues linked to operating systems, but older (unsupported) ones like Windows 7 might have all kinds of issues.)
  • What browser are you using?
  • Are you using the Ruffle extension, by any chance? (Because according to this Reddit thread, score submissions don't work with Ruffle.)

Windows 10. I use firefox mainly but I tried Safari and Explorer as well to get around it without success. Not using Ruffle.

Well, my computer rebooted one day after an automatic update, and i tested the games and now they work for me! So it was absolutely something weird with my computer, but no idea what.