something strange going on with the site?

This morning when I logged into my neopets account, it seemed very slow, and now when I go to any page, I get this message: Error: Pets could not be loaded. Please reload the page. Even when I try to log out I'm getting that message. I saw something on JellyNeo's twitter account that it had to do with customization images, but does anybody know if there is official communication from Neopets themselves on this and how long it will last?

updated: just found the message that the site is undergoing maintenance, but never heard anything about this beforehand....

They were trying to add some new features to the site (one was fixing Pet Look Ups to include your pets image again - which is live!) and a bunch of things malfunctioned. 

TNT has acknowledged the glitches on their twitter as well as their Official Neoboard. As such, the pound is temporarily down while they try to fix the bugs/repair the malfunction. 

TDN will keep you posted as Neopets updates us 🙂