Happy Chomby Day!

hrtbrk

My inner 7 year old is in turmoil. I get what TNT doing, since turning the already aquatic Jetsam into an Anglerfish with the Maraquan Pb was so popular, the Tyranian Pb change from Stegosaurus to Ankylosaurus would make sense. Young me would have loved another dinosaur neopet, but it's just so pastel and the tail is all wrong, like, why does it look like flesh and not armor? It has the Ankylosaurus beak, ear spikes and body 'armor' but they look so wrong. And why the pastel???

Loving the Jurassic Park themed outfit tho. Fantastic cosplay!

Edit: It's the eyes! TNT gave them rounded humans eyes! That's why it's so uncanny valley. 

Edited by phoenixgal

11 hours ago, Aranel said:

I really like the Tyrannian Chomby in theory. But in execution... I wish it looked more like a Chomby, if that makes any sense.

Agreed, its missing its cute chomby eyes to make it more recognizable 🥺  The downward (???) spikes on its side also are an... interesting artistic interpretation. 

However, I know their art team are Ukrainian and are uprooted right now so I'll cut the new guys some slack. 

The Laura Dern clothing set tho? 😍

6 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Agreed, its missing its cute chomby eyes to make it more recognizable 🥺  The downward (???) spikes on its side also are an... interesting artistic interpretation. 

However, I know their art team are Ukrainian and are uprooted right now so I'll cut the new guys some slack. 

The Laura Dern clothing set tho? 😍

I had no idea they were Ukrainian! Thanks for sharing that. ❤️

And I figured out why the eyes look weird to me: they look like Pokemon eyes!

I think it is cute, and the colors remind me of the beach which I think is nice. But yeah... it just looks kinda odd. I can see what they were going for at least.

The outfit is nice! I like how it's like a joke by referencing Jurassic Park, but the clothes also work well on their own!

Pretty average day for the Chombies

I’m actually surprised to see people put off by it at all. This is amazing & I love the colors! Nothing about it looks odd to me at all, can’t wait to get one!

Only thing I would have to say is it is way too closely looking to  Bumpy from Jurassic World. I wonder if that could get them in trouble?

F3DC9600-F590-4844-A618-F263F9A437F3.jpeg

18 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I’m actually surprised to see people put off by it at all. This is amazing & I love the colors! Nothing about it looks odd to me at all, can’t wait to get one!

Only thing I would have to say is it is way too closely looking to  Bumpy from Jurassic World. I wonder if that could get them in trouble?

The new clothes are Laura Dern's outfit from the first Jurassic Park movie and we've had many other cosplay costumes from other franchises, If it does then it would be a first!

3 hours ago, Aranel said:

Did y'all see today's news? Apparently they updated the art. The response has been interesting to say the least.

tyrannian_chomby.png

Honestly, I feel bad for the people who bought the Pb for the old design 😅

But like, I do really like this one more, i prefer the beak in the old one but this still looks tonnes better. I'll be avoiding Pound chat for a while tho

5 hours ago, phoenixgal said:

The new clothes are Laura Dern's outfit from the first Jurassic Park movie and we've had many other cosplay costumes from other franchises, If it does then it would be a first!

Honestly, I feel bad for the people who bought the Pb for the old design 😅

But like, I do really like this one more, i prefer the beak in the old one but this still looks tonnes better. I'll be avoiding Pound chat for a while tho

I actually am second guessing whether I want one now and am glad I hadn't painted one yet as to me the new design is absolutely horrible. I liked the softness and the difference of the old one and if I painted it and it got changed I definitely would be contacting TNT to see if they'd do anything about changing it back xD