Jump to content
Secre

A New Year; Achievements and Resolutions!

Recommended Posts

With a new year upon us, what are your achievements of last year and resolutions to come?

Despite having taken a prolonged break from the site (Charity Corner being cancelled was possibly just the cherry on the cake!), I've managed a reasonable amount:

- Pets: Finally made my Lutari Maraquan to fit the Maraquan Snowbunny and continued the trend with a Maraquan Kiko when that released (Premium Perk for the win). Morphed Huggleby into a Halloween Grundo as well! Also made Wytha a Plushie Krawk in the hopes of an eventual UC option. I've also kept working on my baby side going from one Baby Lupe to five babies; Yurble, Xweetok, Pteri and Lutari. My final pet of the year is my Grandad Pteri. I gave up on my Garlic Kiko as she turned Desert and I fell in love!

image.png.a1761187b8437e7fbf388fddafa147fe.pngimage.png.2aefa030c654b644167f41f2725dff58.pngimage.png.b60ce1f887880fcd4fdd9ec289a58963.pngimage.png.67d9c7ba55c987aa4a49735332f6a9da.pngimage.png.ec6086e5a7fad0568530f47753f9fd61.pngimage.png.8fda7e70e4a62452997d9e37f63d0c6d.pngimage.png.931228ede976024f7ffa3e88165ed375.pngimage.png.c5eaca8d9b8b6efd1c6630d300ceb967.pngimage.png.6f595b03597148b6f9599e127548e3e9.pngimage.png.08a02c38f058c8d2e0e84312d41a5519.png

- Petpets: The biggest achievement of the year by far was my Darigan Candychan for my Nightsteed. I still can't believe I actually bit the bullet! I have got petpets for most of my main pets now; a Woodland Rock for my Woodland Ruki, a Bat Boy for my Werelupe, a Bubbles for my Maraquan Kiko and a Plushie Dragoyle for my Plushie Draik. tdub still has his Feepit as I am trying to get it eaten by Turmy! My baby pets have largely fitting petpets; a grumpy Plumpy angel for my my flying Rikupicky, Snuffles the Christmas Orbulon for the Xweetok in the cold and a cute Plushie Eizzil for the broken egg.

- Avatars; Well, I've squeaked from 248 to 279 which isn't too bad going, although I'm never going to be in the top reaches I don't think. The demise of Flash makes this even harder! I had fun with the pet avatars as I tried to make all the pets I adopted re-homable, so trained and painted them. And kept the Camoflage Kacheek in the process as she was just too cute to give up. She has a Tyrannian Dandan to match her custom.

image.png.9edf3c037759fd3ac0046b39531265c9.png

- Games: Despite the AC being a complete disaster, I managed double All-Star which funded the Darigan Candychan with the top AC prize!

 

Resolutions?

Given my current lack of interest, I guess the resolution should be to log in and do Food Club and Trudy's every day! I haven't managed a full round of Trudy's in months...

I'd like to continue working on my petpets; my elderly Pteri and new Vandy need petpets, as does my baby Lutari (probably another Dandan). Huggleby has a cheap fill in so I need to think about her as well. tdub can wait until Turmy eats his petpet... Part of me wants a Krawk petpet for my Krawk, but they are also hella expensive. My end goal for tdub is a Kadoatie I think, so that can definitely wait. I also want a Meowclops, but I'm not sure on what pet...

The new pet slots open new options. I've created a new Vandy that I want to make Toy and will have to consider what other pets I could add. I want the lab map so I can get those couple of avatars and continue doing adopt and re-home missions as well. I never had space for a labbie on my main before. I have a couple of spare floater pets on a side that I can't figure out what to do with either...

My mutant side has barely been touched. I got my Mutant Jetsam but have made no other headway there.

The problem is there is so little to do on the site now. I might see if I can finish off my silver Neoquest 2 run and look into playing one of the card games religiously to get the trophies maybe... Solitaire, I'm looking at you!

 

So, how's everyone else doing and what are you planning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Accepting petpet suggestions , since i can't make up my mind *nothing too expensive*

For your new Peophin? Toy and Birthday go well together. Some Birthday petpets are extortionate, but others are better priced:

image.png.30641ba987815a63b7ea172da6a8c5dd.pngimage.png.5f40c469768e96c3c90350dd8879e56d.pngimage.png.9ca67928c90ac1b1108cc10ae73875bb.pngimage.png.e43065e168ca2e351d4718b62f48b03f.pngimage.png.46e0b5464ac11613c4de12addc92dc3f.pngimage.png.d6eed295eff39a5a78d50f892bdab442.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted on the wrong thread :/

I agree with you and I found a Birthday Lutra in my SDB (i have no recollection how it got there) and gave it to Morahast :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Angeló said:

I posted on the wrong thread 😕

I agree with you and I found a Birthday Lutra in my SDB (i have no recollection how it got there) and gave it to Morahast 🙂

Hah, no worries! I thought it was a little out of place but figured maybe it was because I spent so long blithering about petpets!

Did you open a goodie bag at some point? You may have got lucky and SDB'd it without checking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My achievements:

256256.png.2a62fef23e3efcfb7443af05ba2aec64.png

Started off the year by painting Doideag maracite when the colour was released last january. She's looking very magical now. Then I painted Xeneona royal. Gerree and Ghertrudie were both painted in February. They're looking very spooky. I created Regieg and painted him in May. He's the penultimate pet for my Virtupets account. Then Mariggold and Rhosse were both painted royal this past fall. They're looking very cute together. And finally, I created Melspeth just a few days before the year's end. She will be painted Steampunk, eventually, for my Faerieland account.

No interesting zaps this year. I zapped Jepire and Movario for the whole year, but nada. But to be fair I have already gotten my alien aisha and robot bori from the lab, so I'm probably due a dry streak.

My most exciting petpet acquisition was a water moltenore for Fluxroot. Sadly she herself is not her forever colour, as I'm waiting on the release of either a woodland buzz or vandagyre. She is a woodland mynci for now because that morphing potion was cheap enough. I also painted Wrecho's rock pink, which 100% completed my Haunted Woods account!

My goals for next year are to get the rest of my petpets in order. I've made several offers on blobikins and mutant yooyus, but no replies yet. Vullards are still inflated, and I haven't really decided what to do for Melspeth, as she's new. Probably one of the moltara petpets, although I don't really like going for such an obvious choice. I'll have to have a look though the petpets at some point and pick out something that's a little more special. I also want to 100% complete another account, although that might be difficult as every single account is currently waiting on the release of certain colour/species combos! But hopefully one of them will release, surely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, berriganify said:

My achievements:

256256.png.2a62fef23e3efcfb7443af05ba2aec64.png

Started off the year by painting Doideag maracite when the colour was released last january. She's looking very magical now. Then I painted Xeneona royal. Gerree and Ghertrudie were both painted in February. They're looking very spooky. I created Regieg and painted him in May. He's the penultimate pet for my Virtupets account. Then Mariggold and Rhosse were both painted royal this past fall. They're looking very cute together. And finally, I created Melspeth just a few days before the year's end. She will be painted Steampunk, eventually, for my Faerieland account.

No interesting zaps this year. I zapped Jepire and Movario for the whole year, but nada. But to be fair I have already gotten my alien aisha and robot bori from the lab, so I'm probably due a dry streak.

My most exciting petpet acquisition was a water moltenore for Fluxroot. Sadly she herself is not her forever colour, as I'm waiting on the release of either a woodland buzz or vandagyre. She is a woodland mynci for now because that morphing potion was cheap enough. I also painted Wrecho's rock pink, which 100% completed my Haunted Woods account!

My goals for next year are to get the rest of my petpets in order. I've made several offers on blobikins and mutant yooyus, but no replies yet. Vullards are still inflated, and I haven't really decided what to do for Melspeth, as she's new. Probably one of the moltara petpets, although I don't really like going for such an obvious choice. I'll have to have a look though the petpets at some point and pick out something that's a little more special. I also want to 100% complete another account, although that might be difficult as every single account is currently waiting on the release of certain colour/species combos! But hopefully one of them will release, surely?

Your two royals do look awesome together!

Well done; that's quite a list of achievements! I love the Woodland Blobikins - I nearly tried to get one for my Woodland Ruki! The Berry Jelly is one of the cute lab ray only zaps as well. I'm still tossing up on whether I want a Garlic Kiko with one of the petpet food zaps - the Kad hotdog is particularly cute! I zapped my Kiko for months before she turned Desert and I liked it too much to keep zapping!

Which colour/species combos are you waiting on? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 4:19 AM, Secre said:

Your two royals do look awesome together!

Well done; that's quite a list of achievements! I love the Woodland Blobikins - I nearly tried to get one for my Woodland Ruki! The Berry Jelly is one of the cute lab ray only zaps as well. I'm still tossing up on whether I want a Garlic Kiko with one of the petpet food zaps - the Kad hotdog is particularly cute! I zapped my Kiko for months before she turned Desert and I liked it too much to keep zapping!

Which colour/species combos are you waiting on? 

Oh, the woodland Blobikins is really cute! Issa little cactus! 🤩 It's too bad that you didn't get your garlic kiko, but I'm glad that you found a new permie regardless!

I'm waiting on:

either a woodland buzz or vandagye for my main
oilpaint buzz or kyrii and/or mosaic buzz or kyrii for my faerieland artists account
burlap kyrii for my brightvale account
and i'm not waiting an anything for my virtupets account but I am waiting on a lab zap which is 100% random sadly.

^ Yeah, Jepire was zapped robot today. :upsidedown: So all I need to finish that account off is two petpets. Looking like it's going to be the one completed this year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2022 at 7:26 AM, berriganify said:

Oh, the woodland Blobikins is really cute! Issa little cactus! 🤩 It's too bad that you didn't get your garlic kiko, but I'm glad that you found a new permie regardless!

I'm waiting on:

either a woodland buzz or vandagye for my main
oilpaint buzz or kyrii and/or mosaic buzz or kyrii for my faerieland artists account
burlap kyrii for my brightvale account
and i'm not waiting an anything for my virtupets account but I am waiting on a lab zap which is 100% random sadly.

^ Yeah, Jepire was zapped robot today. :upsidedown: So all I need to finish that account off is two petpets. Looking like it's going to be the one completed this year!

Congrats on that lab zap!! 

Yeah, I zapped for months and kept having to buy Kiko morphing potions. But then I got that Desert zap and despite never having even looked at desert Kiko's before went ooooh, that's pretty and kept. I might try again on my main now I have more slots. I have kept her on the side because I already shifted all the NC items over for her once and I'd need like six boxes just for one pet. I moved everyone else with five boxes across all pets and accounts!

Ooh, a Woodland Vandy done well could be very cool indeed. I find most of the oilpaints/mosaics a little too busy. The Gelert oil is quite nice though. Not sure I can go through the zapping hell again mind you!

I did just create Voldermorts. He is going to be a Transparent/Halloween Hissi cross with the Halloween clothes. I initially created VoIdemorts with a capital i... but the capital is so, so obvious it's actively painful to my eyes so I tried again for something I could actually cope with.

I may finally jump and get my Woodland/Halloween Bori as well. Also Halloween clothes. That would give me... 16 pets on my main. Space for one lab ray and three 'yet to be determined'. Although I'm also toying with a Mara Draik... so that may be one of the three!

Amazing how quickly these slots are filling up!!

EDIT: Add bit on Gelert.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Secre said:

Congrats on that lab zap!! 

Yeah, I zapped for months and kept having to buy Kiko morphing potions. But then I got that Desert zap and despite never having even looked at desert Kiko's before went ooooh, that's pretty and kept. I might try again on my main now I have more slots. I have kept her on the side because I already shifted all the NC items over for her once and I'd need like six boxes just for one pet. I moved everyone else with five boxes across all pets and accounts!

Ooh, a Woodland Vandy done well could be very cool indeed. I find most of the oilpaints/mosaics a little too busy. The Gelert oil is quite nice though. Not sure I can go through the zapping hell again mind you!

I did just create Voldermorts. He is going to be a Transparent/Halloween Hissi cross with the Halloween clothes. I initially created VoIdemorts with a capital i... but the capital is so, so obvious it's actively painful to my eyes so I tried again for something I could actually cope with.

I may finally jump and get my Woodland/Halloween Bori as well. Also Halloween clothes. That would give me... 16 pets on my main. Space for one lab ray and three 'yet to be determined'. Although I'm also toying with a Mara Draik... so that may be one of the three!

Amazing how quickly these slots are filling up!!

EDIT: Add bit on Gelert.

Thanks! I legit just stared at the screen for like ten seconds I was so not expecting that.

Which kiko potions did you use? Are they very expensive? I lucked out that so far all my lab rats have had potions under 10k. Also oof, that's too bad about the NC items. I wish they would give out a few boxes through something other than trudy's, that only gave boxes. Even if it was just a few a year it would solve the problem of not having boxes on sides (or if you could send a box in a box, so you can at least spend 2 trudy boxes for 1 on a side)

Yeah, the oilpaints and mosaics are a little hit and miss, but there is one or two in each colour that I really like, so I'm hoping that the buzz and kyrii will be one of those nice types... if not, I will probably go for the mosaic grarrl, cause that's my favourite out of all of them. I just really want more kyriis and buzzes, i don't have nearly enough!

Ooo, those two crosspaints sound amazing! 🤩 I think i've seen the hissi one done before, it's rad. Mara draiks are also lovely, and would go really well with your other two maraquans. And yeah, those slots do fill up pretty quickly. I remember when the 6th slot came out a few years back, I think I had all five slots across all my accounts filled in like, a day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, berriganify said:

Thanks! I legit just stared at the screen for like ten seconds I was so not expecting that.

Which kiko potions did you use? Are they very expensive? I lucked out that so far all my lab rats have had potions under 10k. Also oof, that's too bad about the NC items. I wish they would give out a few boxes through something other than trudy's, that only gave boxes. Even if it was just a few a year it would solve the problem of not having boxes on sides (or if you could send a box in a box, so you can at least spend 2 trudy boxes for 1 on a side)

Yeah, the oilpaints and mosaics are a little hit and miss, but there is one or two in each colour that I really like, so I'm hoping that the buzz and kyrii will be one of those nice types... if not, I will probably go for the mosaic grarrl, cause that's my favourite out of all of them. I just really want more kyriis and buzzes, i don't have nearly enough!

Ooo, those two crosspaints sound amazing! 🤩 I think i've seen the hissi one done before, it's rad. Mara draiks are also lovely, and would go really well with your other two maraquans. And yeah, those slots do fill up pretty quickly. I remember when the 6th slot came out a few years back, I think I had all five slots across all my accounts filled in like, a day.

I can see why! I mostly zapped to adopt out, but trying to get that Kiko was frustrating as heck!

The Kiko basic potion was around 90k. I suspect it's higher now as everything has inflated due to pet slots!

I have loads of boxes on my main, unfortunately I wasn't moving things from my main to sides but the other way around so I was being very cautious with what items I moved. I've actually traded for a couple of items in duplicate rather than shifting them. That was only really with low value items that I don't mind keeping on my main side instead though. It was the higher end items that were traded for specifically for a pets custom that really needed to be shifted across!

The Ixi Oilpaint is one of my favourites, perhaps because it's more pastel like. Hah, I think I forgot to include that in my year run down... I'm fairly confident that tdub got his makeover this year. *checks* Yep, February this year! He was a Kougra and my previous goal was to paint him Faerie (again) as I originally painted him Faerie many moons ago and got hit by the invisible random event on Neoquest very shortly after. He then went Cloud and Camoflage before I decided on his final look!

image.png.53c61182c580cb5f4b24f750b4d3a99f.png

The tux is from the Zombie Ixi and then the Oilpaint base. 

I've opened an FFQ cookie and am hoping for a lucky Fountain Faerie quest. I looked at the current prices for MP's and paint brushes and baulked! Apparently with everyone getting more pets, prices have gone insane. I inquired about a Halloween Hissi MP and the price was 3.6mil on JN but the seller wanted 4.5mil!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Secre said:

I can see why! I mostly zapped to adopt out, but trying to get that Kiko was frustrating as heck!

The Kiko basic potion was around 90k. I suspect it's higher now as everything has inflated due to pet slots!

I have loads of boxes on my main, unfortunately I wasn't moving things from my main to sides but the other way around so I was being very cautious with what items I moved. I've actually traded for a couple of items in duplicate rather than shifting them. That was only really with low value items that I don't mind keeping on my main side instead though. It was the higher end items that were traded for specifically for a pets custom that really needed to be shifted across!

The Ixi Oilpaint is one of my favourites, perhaps because it's more pastel like. Hah, I think I forgot to include that in my year run down... I'm fairly confident that tdub got his makeover this year. *checks* Yep, February this year! He was a Kougra and my previous goal was to paint him Faerie (again) as I originally painted him Faerie many moons ago and got hit by the invisible random event on Neoquest very shortly after. He then went Cloud and Camoflage before I decided on his final look!

image.png.53c61182c580cb5f4b24f750b4d3a99f.png

The tux is from the Zombie Ixi and then the Oilpaint base. 

I've opened an FFQ cookie and am hoping for a lucky Fountain Faerie quest. I looked at the current prices for MP's and paint brushes and baulked! Apparently with everyone getting more pets, prices have gone insane. I inquired about a Halloween Hissi MP and the price was 3.6mil on JN but the seller wanted 4.5mil!

oof, 90k, that is a lot! but not as much as 315k-465k, which is where they're currently at! well, hopefully they'll be back to normal soon. the pet slots does explain it though, i was wondering why everything had gone up so much in price!

The oilpaint ixi is another nice one, i really like the Renoir vibes. he looks lovely!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, berriganify said:

oof, 90k, that is a lot! but not as much as 315k-465k, which is where they're currently at! well, hopefully they'll be back to normal soon. the pet slots does explain it though, i was wondering why everything had gone up so much in price!

The oilpaint ixi is another nice one, i really like the Renoir vibes. he looks lovely!

 

It took me forever to get that background. I finally traded it for one of the big ticket items that came up recentlyish. Might have been the MME. Either way, it cost an arm and a leg.

Thankfully I've got all my expensive NC wishes now barring a couple of items that I'd like but aren't dead set on!

Yeeeeah, everything has gone up. It's unfortunate but I'm hoping prices will settle once everyone has their dreamies. 90k was rather ouchy, particularly when I had a lab cookie open and had to buy two in one day once!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...