Happy Bruce Day!

hrtbrk

The Tyrannian design is very cool! The beak is cute, and the fur around the head is too! Only thing i see odd is the bowtie, it looks kinda weird for some reason... But nonetheless, cool design!

And the Ramtor outfit! It looks so elegant! Love the beard too haha

Magnificent day, Bruces!

What... on earth happened here... Is it 'bring your kid to work day' again by any chance? And that bow is hideous. It's like something your great-great-aunt Tilda would knit for you and insist you wore to school. The eyebrows look like they've been glued on.... it is almost channelling the Get Off My Lawn Paint Brush, but it's more like a kid playing dress up.

Although, my first glance at that monstrosity was without the bow and astonishingly it looks even worse:

r/neopets - Late Bruce Day Color!

It looks like a psychotic, mass murdering thing with those eyes to begin with, but the inclusion of the shadow of the bow even if the bow isn't worn is... a baffling decision. And then the missing line art on the neck...

Apparently it's inspired by an extinct penguin. Which is a fine idea and all, but what the heck happened to the quality we've seen lately!?

I do like the outfit. It's a tad fussy for me, but it's well drawn and coloured.

EDIT: Someone on Reddit has done a flawless re-design of this that is the quality I've come to expect from new colours:

diRqEJS.png

I read in the comment section on JellyNeo that this is based on an extinct type of penguin. which is a cool idea... I think the artist should have taken a second look at this and considered doing some tweaks or changes. I get that they`re basing it off a real-life animal, and want to be true to that, but... Yeah, I`m not really a fan of this Tyrannian Bruce. It`s mostly the ridiculous, over-the-top eyebrows. and the eyes that are so different from the regular Bruce. Though I don`t know how good it would have looked with the small, black eyes on this Bruce. Overall, I think Tyrannian as a colour is a very mixed bag, and this is one of them that falls flat for me

I can`t tell what the bow is made of... Leather? Bark? Rope? Someone on JN also suggested that the bow should have been a bone, I love that idea!

The outfit looks fantastic, though I don`t think we need more wizard/magician type outfits, this is another cosplay one, and the items can easily be used in other types of customizations, I especially love the cape/robe, it looks so regal!

On 12/7/2021 at 1:04 AM, Secre said:

Although, my first glance at that monstrosity was without the bow and astonishingly it looks even worse:

r/neopets - Late Bruce Day Color!

It looks like a psychotic, mass murdering thing with those eyes to begin with, but the inclusion of the shadow of the bow even if the bow isn't worn is... a baffling decision. And then the missing line art on the neck..

it looks like he's drooled on his shirt...