Help Please!

No1_mum

I have been locked out of my account for over a year, due to all my saved passwords being wiped when my laptop crashed. I contacted Neopets support who say my email address does not match my user name and so they will not reset the password for me. I have only ever had 2 email accounts and neither are a match apparently? How can I sort this? Any ideas? TIA

did you try the option for forgot password with your user name and see if it will send you a password reset link? I know I was locked out of my account for awhile because the e-mail to reset my password did not go through and Neopets kept saying it was the fault of my e-mail provider. 

Hi Bonnie, yes I did try but it says my user name is not valid although when I search it in Neopets it shows as a User? There is no monetary value involved in my account so I am at a loss as to why they won't reset it with all the other information I have provided. They can see that the account has not been accessed since I had my laptop issue.

That's very odd. Perhaps you could try to use the 'recover username' function to check if the username is indeed connected to one of your e-mail addresses? If it's not connected, you might have to ask yourself if there's any chance at all that maybe you did have a separate e-mail address for Neopets at some point.

If you're 100% sure you've got the right e-mail address & username, I wonder if it might be possible that someone hacked your account and changed the e-mail address associated with it.
You said you were able to see that your account still exists on Neopets; can you see if anything (pet colours/amount of pets/etc.) looks different from when you last played?

Either way, sending another message to Neopets support seems like a good idea; try to include as much information about your account as you can remember. And maybe ask them if they are able to see if one of your e-mail addresses used to be associated with the account, and if there's any chance the e-mail address on the account has been changed in the time that you were unable to log in.

Hi, this is definitely my boy! And I am quoting the correct user name. It does seem that I will never be able to access the account as I have no idea of what the email address is Neopets say is linked to my user, I have never had an email starting with a B which is what they say is recorded. Thank you for checking for me. Sad to have to admit defeat on getting them back!

If you contact them saying the account might be hacked as you never had an email starting with a b, then you need to provide them with enough information to proof the account belongs to you. This needs to be information you can not find out by just looking at the user lookup.

things as: neofriends, NC purchases (If you have these, it will really help!), rare items codes you've claimed, neopets you created and as what species/color, equipment they might own/have equiped, battledome abilities, closet items, books, avatars you won, login locations (IP address), favorite games to play, etc

Basically anything you can think of that only the owner knows.

I've gotten my account back that way, fairly quickly too I must say. I did have a habit of making lists of almost everything so I knew a lot about my account, and like I said, having purchased NC in the past helped a lot too as I could provide proof of my visa.

Don't give up, it's worth a try!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey im having the same trouble except i think my neopets was hacked too but now neopets wont contact me back what should i do? maybe i should tell them i think it was hacked and they will contact me back becase before they were saying they could not help me because i did not have the right email!!