Happy Vandagyre Day!

hrtbrk

Two lovely colors! The brown spots remind me of chocolate lol. And the toy looks like a Furby!! While the fluffy-ness is different from other Toy colors, it fits perfectly with the Furby-like theme! 

The outfit is also good! Simple, but cute!

Great job Vandagyre!

We are getting seriously spoiled with Vandagyre colours this year, this is amazing!
At first glance, I was confused as to which colour the Spotted Vandagyre actually was, my immediate thought was Candy or Biscuit, as I know they already have Chocolate, lol. It just looks so food-like. :P Appearently it`s based on the Spotted Owl. It`s a really cute colour that will also work well with customization.

The Toy Vandagyre is of course based on the Furby, which is hilarious and I love that they are basing Toy pets off real toys, so much more creative and fun than to just make them look shiny and plastic-y with screw holes. I love how furry and soft it looks, just not a fan of the face, it looks like it`s wearing a mask.

The outfit is based on fan-art, Brightvale University! Looks great! Allround an absolutely fantastic pet day for Vandagyres, with no less than three colours counting Zombie. Amazing! Thank you, TNT!

15 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I love how furry and soft it looks, just not a fan of the face, it looks like it`s wearing a mask.

Well, Vandy's do have some catching up to do compared to the other pets. :P

And I don't envy that artist's job in trying to capture the furby essence while still working within the bounds of the vandagyre's template. So much of the furby's ...... furbiness comes from the massive eyes and beak all crammed together, but there is actually a faceplate around them! The artist definitely did about as well as they could have without drastically restructuring the anatomy and thus breaking customization.

But yeah it is nice to see some unique toy pets! I always felt a little let down by the molded-plastic action figure direction. One or two makes sense but "toy" as a concept has so much more potential and i'm glad that they're making use of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, now this was the Vandy update I was after! More than makes up for my disappointment at Lutari day!!

I adore both colours but the Furby one is definitely the winner.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:23 AM, nirv120 said:

Not a huge fan of the outfit, I wish they gave us something that's actually useful in customs, but both of those colours are absolutely beautiful. The spotted one in particular I might add to my neofamily once they open the additional slots.

I think the outfit would work well generically if the robe didn't have the Brightvale logo on it honestly. The robe could go for a scholar or a wizard/witch. The hat is more specific, but still.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, aleu1986 said:

The outfit is based on fan-art, Brightvale University! Looks great! Allround an absolutely fantastic pet day for Vandagyres, with no less than three colours counting Zombie. Amazing! Thank you, TNT!

I wish they'd made that neck piece a separate item so you could use the robe without being tied to a specific Neopets land. Still use the fanart base, but make it more suitable for general customisation.