#NoNeoNFTs

hrtbrk

i mean it's not so much a timeline as a collection of links to other people's timelines and evidence, but i appreciate the shoutout :P

i'm doing the boycott too. ideally the nfts will be scrapped outright, but at the moment i'm more concerned about this "neopets metaverse" which is going to fork the site onto the blockchain. forking properties into parallel projects like this can sometimes work (it's worked out okay for runescape) but it's far more likely that this "neopets metaverse" is intended to replace our site.

and even if they are intended to run parallel, there's still the issue of the behaviour from the nft community. i know people can gripe about neopet's family-friendly image, given how the majority of the site's users are adults, and i've certainly grumbled about it plenty of times myself, but there are still kids on the site, and exposing them to the kinds of things in the nft community (such as the retweeting of NSFW project by the NeopetsMeta twitter) is just not okay! :sad01_anim: and no one, child or adult, deserves to be exposed to slurs or misgendering.

Im confused. I dont play games, I make by buy and selling in my shop. I also already "pay to play" to do that It would be impossible to do what I do without premium.....so what would change for me? 

My family has four accounts between us and we've all logged out after emptying our shops and will stay dark until Monday. I'm the most active player, but the kids are home for Canadian Thanksgiving and they were as disgusted as me by this situation and very willing to keep away from the site in protest. I cancelled Premium after the recent Charity Corner cheating mess (guess we know now why they didn't bother to punish the cheaters) but I get Premium as a birthday present, so it doesn't expire for months. It will be hard losing it, but I manged without for years. And who knows if Neopets will still be around when it expires? Not looking good..

2 hours ago, jaydeed said:

My family has four accounts between us and we've all logged out after emptying our shops and will stay dark until Monday. I'm the most active player, but the kids are home for Canadian Thanksgiving and they were as disgusted as me by this situation and very willing to keep away from the site in protest. I cancelled Premium after the recent Charity Corner cheating mess (guess we know now why they didn't bother to punish the cheaters) but I get Premium as a birthday present, so it doesn't expire for months. It will be hard losing it, but I manged without for years. And who knows if Neopets will still be around when it expires? Not looking good..

I’m also boycotting. The future of Neopets looks very bleak in my opinion. I miss the 2008-2010 Neopets because that’s when I really started to enjoy it. 

9 hours ago, CannaCasey said:

Im confused. I dont play games, I make by buy and selling in my shop. I also already "pay to play" to do that It would be impossible to do what I do without premium.....so what would change for me? 

You are not paying to play. The entire website is free and accessible to you without having to pay a cent in order to access the content. You chose to pay for Premium because it offers nice QoL to maintain your shop but you can still do all the same things without Premium. 

The Neopets Metaverse is changing that by having gameplay be locked behind a pay wall, meaning you won't be able to access it at all without purchasing NFTs, which are hundreds of dollars each. This can be anything from new Neopets worlds, new plots, new pets, new items, new events - won't be accessible to you in any way unless you purchase NFTs. Imagine you couldn't play the Altador Cup or participate in the Advent Calendar without having to buy an NFT... 

I was conflicted over cancelling premium, but this is important and hopefully it won't be forever. I transferred my magma kacheek to a side account for safe keeping. The extra pet slot and the SSW are my main reason's for having it. I can do without.

edit- turns out I didn't have to transfer Tail_of_Pachirisu just yet. Oh well.

image.png.7b61176093b0aadd7e5cea29550124ac.png

I had my sibling screenshot my Shop to at least not have any "business" going on. I am trying to build up courage to move towards canceling my Premium, but even my side accounts are full of ALPs for my guild, so I don't know how I can manage this. I will work on this...

Meanwhile, my siblings joined in the Shop Closures!

image.png.9865438d3d3dccb584c1c6a733039eda.png           

Continued (couldn't fit)     image.png.6bed89aadcbc2304a85ab868731aac2d.png      image.png.3b3e7c26d5621ed8da131c022cd09750.png I love my siblings, they are willing to do this bc they support me! :lmaosmiley:

67ae5277.png Boy, you guys weren't kidding about how ugly these NFT Randos could be!:lmaosmiley::huh:

Edited by midnight_spell360
Added my Free JellyNeo NFT

Joining the Boycott too

I don't play much anymore due to my RL issues but I will still protest

This can be anything from new Neopets worlds, new plots, new pets, new items, new events

They can't do that ! Can they ?!! :O will it take over the actual site ?

image.png.bf2f5ec5a9fbe1d1f3faf2679e6ba085.png

9 hours ago, Angeló The Enabler said:

They can't do that ! Can they ?!! 😮 will it take over the actual site ?

Jumpstart/Netdragon (it is clear by now that these companies are the ones actually pushing for the NFTs, not The Neopets Team) own the IP for Neopets. Sadly, they can do whatever they wanted with it. If they wanted to do a brand deal with a toilet paper company, they could.

tbh I'd prefer that to the NFTs!

also, what is the purpose of emptying out shops? i didn't do that, but surely it doesn't do anything, because without any items, anyone not participating in the boycott isn't going to be able to find the shop to read the descriptions, anyway?

The point of the (almost over) black out isn't to empty shops; it's to avoid logging into Neopets.com entirely.

Neopets is still a very sticky website, and most users spend hours online. By avoiding the site; the idea was to show that we do not want to move forward with NFTs.

No NFTs or No NC, No premium.

You guys are right, most ppl do not come to shops if they have no items-so you're right, it won't be read/seen, 🤦‍♂️We did try to stay off the website- my siblings did better than me, but I did leave a note up on my guild message board about the Black Out before stopping to use the site this weekend. 

Live and learn?  :blush02:

I have found if you keep a good shop a lot of people come from bookmarking it. I myself have a list of like 52 shops bm I check every am! So I think thats the point of the message is letting regulars know. Just an idea! 🙂 

12 hours ago, rosemmary said:

The point of the (almost over) black out isn't to empty shops; it's to avoid logging into Neopets.com entirely.

Neopets is still a very sticky website, and most users spend hours online. By avoiding the site; the idea was to show that we do not want to move forward with NFTs.

No NFTs or No NC, No premium.

Oops. I thought it was to avoid spending money on neopets. So i cancelled my premium. I didn't realize it was about not going on entirely. Sorry.

Not spending any money is the best way to make them feel it for sure! But there are many players (like me) that don't have premium, so the best way for them is to not log on at all.

11 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Oops. I thought it was to avoid spending money on neopets. So i cancelled my premium. I didn't realize it was about not going on entirely. Sorry.

there's multiple ways to make our voices heard - site boycott, cancelling premium, not buying any more nc, posting feedback on the boards, posting on social media, etc. it all adds up; jumpstart/netdragon is almost certainly receiving data and consolidated feedback from TNT.

also i've updated the links list! there's a link to a petition, the latest nonsense from the metaverse team (which... woof, that's embarrassing!), and protest bc entries now being allowed.

Not sure if others are aware of this yet, but TNT assured users in the recent Editorial that the main Neopets site will not be pay-to-play:

image.png.5bc372af00c9792da61e45b472f99681.png

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=946