NP money tree

enitul

45 minutes ago, enitul said:

What's up with people donating a lot of the same small amount of neopoints at the money tree so it's full of it that happens every now and then? Has it some kind of meaning to it? I'm curious.

I'd also be curious to know! I interpret it as sadism 😅 (like, someone enjoys annoying people), but I could be wrong.

it's people being jerks. :upsidedown: or just one person right now, but wow are they dedicated!

Earlier this year a bunch of people started doing it, I think because of complaints about rubbish on the tree, but I can't actually remember. But once people started making boards complaining about the 6 NPs, people did it all the more! I heard that was a guild dedicated to it.

This current name I've not seen doing this before, but they're certainly making up for lost time. xD

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

it's people being jerks. :upsidedown: or just one person right now, but wow are they dedicated!

Earlier this year a bunch of people started doing it, I think because of complaints about rubbish on the tree, but I can't actually remember. But once people started making boards complaining about the 6 NPs, people did it all the more! I heard that was a guild dedicated to it.

This current name I've not seen doing this before, but they're certainly making up for lost time. xD

There's a whole guild dedicated to putting small amounts of np in the money tree?!

18 hours ago, enitul said:

There's a whole guild dedicated to putting small amounts of np in the money tree?!

9 hours ago, aaml said:

Some many options of how to spend your time and they decided to make a guild like that and people actually joined..........🙄

Textbook definition of too much time on their hands?

Also, sadly, too much vitriol in their souls? 😞

They're still at it right now. 🤦‍♀️

15 hours ago, Angeló The Enabler said:

and JS said it is ok !! Instead of warning the people who do so. If they warned/froze just ONE person, making an example of them, this debauchery will stop forever

I really don't get how highjacking an entire site feature for the minor lol isn't a banable offence. 

Yep, they're trolling on purpose; but also fully within the rules. There's nothing wrong with what they're doing, per se, but they are using the mechanics of the tree to be douchenozzles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I worry that our conversation on here will have the same effect as the complaints threads on Board 7, and encourage the 6 NPers to continue for longer than they would have otherwise.

Best thing you can do is feel some sympathy for them, because someone who finds pleasure it behaving spitefully towards others can't have much joy in their lives. 😕

There's plenty of stuff on the money tree that isn't even worth 6 NP. Newer players might be happy with their free 60 NP to buy food or cheap toys with for their pets.

Its true they aren't doing anything wrong and I'm sure newer players would be happy but it is annoying for many still unfortunately. When I donate NP I try and do a decent amount at least so that if someone manages to click then they haven't wasted their limited takes for the day....we'd all probably be less salty if they were at least giving people an NP amount worth something maybe I'll just join in but start sending larger amounts try and help drown them out 🤔

Oooooohhhhh....gosh.  I had no idea this was going on.  I ran across it by accident last weekend as I was making my 5 yr old granddaughter  an account.  I was thrilled about it because it actually gave her time to scroll, look and pick without them being grabbed.  Thanks for the education, y'all.