Interesting conspiracy theory about TNT support

jellysundae

Just read this on board 7: your go-to place on Neopets for conspiracies. :lmaosmiley:

image.png.31d202c9c7f7f6ed471ecaffbe18c545.png

image.png.2ddf6ba6905fca0873909e5e14f35373.png

image.png.0918c69d6b51936ea21d4a72f4a94ed8.png

image.png.b270d3996cba8372b169b343615096c1.png

image.png.8a55b5104bf818ffeffd4b1b25546b89.png

image.png.d823660cab7862f6cdaeb3ad397390c0.png

image.png.1f3e141d91008d6ec226543b33876828.png

image.png.b39049bc2db61ac112e2ba7136b5b3e8.png

This conversation also highlights why I remain firmly in the safe haven of the Shenkuu board :confused: but that's beside the point! x'D

The idea that Alice W, Tony P and (shudders) Rico S aren't actually real people just hadn't occurred to me, but it does make a huge amount of sense, because as is pointed out up there, why would the same 3 people have the same dismal job for over 10 years?

And while the comment about wildly differing responses from the same person does ring true, there's also distinct traits that we've come to expect from the support people:

Alice = nice

Tony = ??? kinda meh?

Rico = horribly unhelpful

Makes me wonder if whoever's drawn the short straw and is doing support today chooses who they respond as depending on their mood.

Happy support person! :D - respond as Alice

Feeling blah, kinda wishing they'd called in sick :mellow: - Respond as Tony

Get outta my face! :angry:  - response as Rico

The snark from the person who's glad Rico is still with us is tangible. :laugh: I remember my sole interaction with him, my disbelief as how dismissive he was, and @Angeló The Enabler's reaction when I talked to him about it... hahaha.

But yeah, am I daft for not realising long ago that these are just names that people hide behind? Or do you feel these are genuine people? More importantly, have you ever had a good experience with "Rico"? 😮

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

More importantly, have you ever had a good experience with "Rico"?

@jellysundaeAgain! Where is the OMG or I'M SHOOK button!!! This is too mind-blowing for me! blumaroo_magicwand.gif

2 minutes ago, berriganify said:

but what in all heck is this about neopets nfts??????

I'd say Google it, but I'm not sure that what you'll find will be particularly enlightening, but press release stuff is out there, as is something official on site (finally).

A Letter From The Neopets Team - NFT's

NFT stuff's just too sci-fi for me to be able to wrap my head around, tbh. :blush:

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The idea that Alice W, Tony P and (shudders) Rico S aren't actually real people just hadn't occurred to me, but it does make a huge amount of sense, because as is pointed out up there, why would the same 3 people have the same dismal job for over 10 years?

This is a hilarious theory 😄 And a compelling one, too, the more I think about it. I'm sure it's a grueling job, so it's unlikely that the same couple of people have stuck around for that long. But why keep the same pseudonyms? Why not have a different one for each support person? Is it to give the illusion that it's a wonderful place to work and that the same people have stuck around for that long? Just thinking aloud, here.

I had one experience with Alice. She was very nice!

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

But yeah, am I daft for not realising long ago that these are just names that people hide behind? Or do you feel these are genuine people? More importantly, have you ever had a good experience with "Rico"? 😮

I don't know, while I definitely think it's possible that several people would use the same account/name to respond to tickets, I guess I don't really see the point of it... If they'd want employees to be anonymous/hiding behind a fake name, why these three names? Why not switch it up every couple of years? Isn't it much more likely that the different responses are a result of them being people who have good days and bad days? XD
In any case, I doubt they'd assign people a "character" based on their mood; I'm thinking most organisations wouldn't purposely make sure they have an unhelpful support employee. XD
(And I can totally picture people having this job for 10+ years, btw. Maybe they have multiple jobs; not an uncommon thing, unfortunately. And the job market hasn't exactly been booming this past decade.)

But maybe I only think all of this because I've never contacted the Neopets support team, and therefore have zero experiences with any of these people, nor do I have any opinions on their personalities. (I had no idea people mostly/only had negative experiences with Rico, but, then again, I'm not sure I'd actually heard of Rico before. 😂)

23 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'd say Google it, but I'm not sure that what you'll find will be particularly enlightening, but press release stuff is out there, as is something official on site (finally).

A Letter From The Neopets Team - NFT's

NFT stuff's just too sci-fi for me to be able to wrap my head around, tbh. :blush:

The fact that they feel the need to mention both in their FAQ and their tweets that this partnership is totally legitimate is... indicative of how people still view NFTs, I suppose. XD
(I mean, honestly, I can't wrap my head around them either. I'm a millennial. I have a degree in media studies. I'm a software engineer. And... my brain just kinda goes boom whenever I try to think about the mechanics of NFTs. 😂)

somehow i just spent two and a half hours reading the neoboards about this and all i gained was the knowledge that apparently twitter is going to implement nft-verified avatars. 🤷‍♂️ this must be what my grandmother felt like when i tried to explain webrings to her. im logging off and going for a walk.

Ah, Board 7, always good for:

giphy.gif

So, weren't Tony P, Rico S, and Alice W there when Neopets was owned by Viacom, and, before that, Adam & Donna? If so, seems they weren't part of the "Jump Start" lay-offs. But, yeah, it's like when contacting a telephone operator, they identify themselves as "Operator 20", or "Operator 13". In this case, it's "Tony P", or "Alice W". And, it reminds me of Internet ads, or, rather testimonials - "Best website, ever! - Tony P". They always mention first name, and last initial. I wonder if it is scripted. "Ok, John Doe. Welcome to your first day at Neopets Support. Today, you'll be playing the part of Rico S. A very strict customer support technician, who always says no first, and doesn't ask questions, later. Copy & paste these responses from here. Got it? Tomorrow, you'll get to be Alice W, who is a lot nicer."

3 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

So, weren't Tony P, Rico S, and Alice W there when Neopets was owned by Viacom, and, before that, Adam & Donna?

Next conspiracy theory: Tony P, Rico S, and Alice W actually predate Neopets! You know, like when you discover your town was built on the ruins of a previous civilisation or something... they were there already... someone needs to carbon-date them. 😮

Now I'm imagining Rico as a grouchy old git, full on cane-wavin' get off my lawn, and Alice is a stereotypical sweet-natured granny. Not sure where Tony fits into this scenario. xD

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I wonder if it is scripted. "Ok, John Doe. Welcome to your first day at Neopets Support. Today, you'll be playing the part of Rico S. A very strict customer support technician, who always says no first, and doesn't ask questions, later. Copy & paste these responses from here. Got it? Tomorrow, you'll get to be Alice W, who is a lot nicer."

This does have so much appeal. Initially I'm sat here thinking getting Rico would be like some punishment detail; then I thought wait a minute! Maybe people fight over getting to answer as Rico! Along the same lines as my initial thought of people responding as Rico when they're having a bad day. :laugh:

@iheartsakuI meanwhile have been here the whole time, and I'm just as confused. :upsidedown:

On 9/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, iheartsaku said:

Can someone explain to me this whole NFT thing? I am a bit out of the loop at the moment and confused haha I've been seeing it everywhere the last few days and people being upset with Neopets.

Here is a link to an article by "The Verge". Basically, it is "NFTs 101". Near the very end of the article is the question, "Will trading my Logan Paul NFTs contribute to global warming and melt Greenland?" The answer is why "people are being upset with Neopets".

ref: https://www.theverge.com/22310188/nft-explainer-what-is-blockchain-crypto-art-faq

However, to quickly summarize, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are, basically, digital "art" or "property". Blockchain is used to track ownership (digital ledger, so to speak). Blockchain is also what cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, etc) are based on. Mining cryptocurrencies, and/or making NFTs uses a lot of electricity. Fossil fuels are still used to create electricity, and use (of) can lead to global warming/climate change. People are upset at Neopets for wanting to create NFTs, which consumes electricity, which can lead to global warming/climate change.

At least, is what I believe the "whole NFT thing" is, on Neopets.

@jellysundaeYou know, the names could be used as adjectives, in a way. Only we on TDN/Neopets may understand, but I could say I was having a "Rico S" kind of day, and hoping tomorrow will be more like an "Alice W" one...

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Only we on TDN/Neopets may understand, but I could say I was having a "Rico S" kind of day, and hoping tomorrow will be more like an "Alice W" one...

@Scoobert_Doo I like this idea very much.   bruce_holding_grarrl.gif A "Rico S. Day"        vs.     kacheek_hug_plushie.gif An "Alice W. Day"   Would "Tony P. Day" be a wild card option?   art_aisha_sculpting.gif

I now feel compelled to find Rico S. day animations...

xD

aim_blumaroo_red.gif this one's pretty good xD

krawk_yellow_blink.gif yup, this one too

Plus there's also the lady who supervises my gallery! Always a delightful ray of sunshine. :lmaosmiley: 1369.gif