Jump to content
hrtbrk

Happy Poogle Day!

Recommended Posts

Choccy pet is cute, though the strawberry... D8 Horribly shiny, and annoyingly off-centre. x'D The mint/lemon balm? leaves look purty though.

The outfit is lacklustre, isn't it; the smock's a good shape, hope it distracts from the no-pants situashe. :laugh: The hat's ridiculous, and the candle on a stick?? Huh?? x'D Maybe it's absolutely historically accurate, what do I know?!

If I ask google "did poets used to carry a candle on a stick?", do you think it'd give me a polite reply?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yay, so happy we got a new Chocolate pet! The stripes/drizzles of cream/frosting work really well with the Poogle`s body shape, I do wish the cream on the head didn`t drip down one side of its face, though. The mint leaves are a nice touch, first we`ve seen, I think, and the strawberry is a nice touch - it does however look totally fake, it`s too shiny, like it`s plastic. It`s also bothers me that it`s not centered on the head... Not sure how it works with wigs and hats.

The Poogle outfit is yet another cosplay outfit, based on a Neopian character.

743.png

From JellyNeo`s Book Of Ages: Alstaf spends most of his time in the Neopia Central catacombs, judging the poetry contest. In 2012, the contest relocated to Roo Island - it is unclear if he moved with it.

This explains the no pants thing, lol. And also the strange candle on a stick, presumably meant as a light to read and write by, and not be carried around. A candelabre would make more sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

The Poogle outfit is yet another cosplay outfit, based on a Neopian character.

Ahh! Well at least it's not a completely random thing, but it's still pretty lacklustre . First (only?) result they got when they typed "poogle" into Book of Ages?

Hmm, doing that myself there's others, wonder why they didn't use them...

 

I see some are even more lacklustre than friend Alstaf! some aren't clothed; there's AC team members... too divisive really; brute Squad member, just had armour with Rohane though; Petpet Park character... don't go there! lol;

I think I'd have gone for this option.

image.png.f457d60f73bd05362e47484e2e25ce6b.pngimage.png.b88023303c617eba5f4cb1ca90cd9d4e.png

Though this one appeals more, and the outfit would work for both genders.

image.png.b72c4c3afc423bc4332c298b38db15dc.pngimage.png.88d0de1fc23c27e95bbe3f0de342250c.png

But when it all comes down to it, cosplay's only any good if people recognise the character. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

idk because the poogle's head is tilted, the off-centre strawberry doesnt look that odd to me? it's technically at the 'top' and sometimes a little asymmetry is nice..

and oh my i didn't even realise that the outfit didn't have pants! clearly poets have different standards as to what constitutes proper dress 😳 i suppose it's a little less strange that it's based on an actual character..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

though the strawberry... D8 Horribly shiny, and annoyingly off-centre

 

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

idk because the poogle's head is tilted, the off-centre strawberry doesnt look that odd to me? it's technically at the 'top' and sometimes a little asymmetry is nice..

The shiny strawberry is something new to Chocolate pets ... they usually get a cherry on top ... also the shininess makes it look like it's made of jelly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, berriganify said:

and oh my i didn't even realise that the outfit didn't have pants!

Hopefully this isn't a reflection of your everyday life. :lmaosmiley:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hopefully this isn't a reflection of your everyday life. :lmaosmiley:

look........ i did not come here to be personally attacked!

also i was just looking over all the chocolate colours to see if the cherry thing was true and i realised that a) there hasn't really been a standout 'unique' for this colour yet, and 2) that the eyrie is the only one that has yet to get a chocolate version! for a (relatively) new colour, they sure took care of all of those fast!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, berriganify said:

look........ i did not come here to be personally attacked!

Hehe, I'd just visualised an "oh heck!!" moment as you stepped outside, then realised why your legs felt a bit cold... 😅

Is the chocolate colour new enough to have been introduced once they were running out of pets for the other colours? Someone with WAY too much time on their hands could work it all out on a spreadsheet I suppose. I wonder when the peak amount of colours were available, before they started having painted all species and needing to come up with new colours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Hehe, I'd just visualised an "oh heck!!" moment as you stepped outside, then realised why your legs felt a bit cold... 😅

Is the chocolate colour new enough to have been introduced once they were running out of pets for the other colours? Someone with WAY too much time on their hands could work it all out on a spreadsheet I suppose. I wonder when the peak amount of colours were available, before they started having painted all species and needing to come up with new colours.

so according to jn, the chocolate chia was released on february 18, 2005

Old chia - Version 2

which is..... way earlier than i expected! for some reason i just kind of assumed that it was one of the colours released during that murky 2012-2019 area where i didnt play, but it's practically one of the og colours! 😮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, berriganify said:

so according to jn, the chocolate chia was released on february 18, 2005

😮 I tried to find when, but obviously didn't ask the right things and had no idea where to look. I had no clue chocolate was such a vintage shade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

😮 I tried to find when, but obviously didn't ask the right things and had no idea where to look. I had no clue chocolate was such a vintage shade!

yeah i had no idea where to look either, so i just opened up every pet in a different tab and sorted through them several times weeding out the oldest years.

a list of release dates for colours would be neat but i would have no idea where to even begin looking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, berriganify said:

a list of release dates for colours would be neat but i would have no idea where to even begin looking!

Gawd yes! That's what I was looking for. When there's no paint brush release date to go by it seems you're at a complete lose. :confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...