Happy Draik Day!

hrtbrk

The outfit looks really cool, kind of like a robot, it`s very detailed and well done! :D

This Burlap pet is the first one that kind of misses the mark for me. While I do really like the patches on the wings, overall the pet is too colourful. While the blue accents worked very well on the Burlap Blumaroo, on the Draik it looks too bright and there`s too much of it. Plus the whiskers/moustache looks odd and stands out too much in that colour. In my opinion, keeping the inside of the ears, the belly and the underside of the tail in the same light brown as the wings would have been a much better and cohesive look. Burlap is supposed to be muted, not bright. Also not really a fan of the large, green button eyes, especially with the contrasting red thread. They remind me of slices of pickle, I cant`t help it.
I will say that the details on the Draik are very well done, I just don`t agree with the colour choices.
I don`t mean to be a downer, I just feel like this Burlap pet looks more like a cute plushie toy rather than a creepy, home-made doll.

3 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

They remind me of slices of pickle, I cant`t help it.

:laugh: I was not expecting this, it caught me very much unawares. xDDDD

I agree about the colours, though it is done nicely. Those pickle eyes match the green patches on the wings. The red stitching at least isn't a bright shade, oh, and I see it is also the shade used for the toe nails.

I do like the chunky stitching on the ears and wings, and the loose tuft on the top of the head, lol. The admittedly random bit tied around the tail appeals, too. Looking at the others I see the Blum has the head tuft too, and the Zaffy, LOL, OTT for that one! I like how they've employed a few different things with the different pets for that area. I particularly like what they did with the Ixi:

4.png

the seams coming loose and stuffing spilling out's just adorable! :D

The outfit's awesome! Another thing I'm unlikely to make use of myself, but it is beautifully done, and always so thankful when a new outfit's not a one piece! clap.gif

I've been trying to figure out what is 'wrong' with that Burlap colour... and I think it's the eyes. They are... both too big and I think angled more like the pet is facing forward? I'm not sure, but it's offputting.

The outfit is stunning!!

5 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I just feel like this Burlap pet looks more like a cute plushie toy rather than a creepy, home-made doll.

@aleu1986I just love your comment, heading into October/Halloween- I guess "a cute plushie toy" look kills that "creepy" vibe most ppl look forward to having for the season.

You have made detailed observations that explain why I looked at the Burlap Draik and thought, "Hmmm, not getting that Number 9 feeling"Image result for movies with the number 9 in the title

10 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

The outfit looks really cool, kind of like a robot, it`s very detailed and well done! :D

This Burlap pet is the first one that kind of misses the mark for me. While I do really like the patches on the wings, overall the pet is too colourful. While the blue accents worked very well on the Burlap Blumaroo, on the Draik it looks too bright and there`s too much of it. Plus the whiskers/moustache looks odd and stands out too much in that colour. In my opinion, keeping the inside of the ears, the belly and the underside of the tail in the same light brown as the wings would have been a much better and cohesive look. Burlap is supposed to be muted, not bright. Also not really a fan of the large, green button eyes, especially with the contrasting red thread. They remind me of slices of pickle, I cant`t help it.
I will say that the details on the Draik are very well done, I just don`t agree with the colour choices.
I don`t mean to be a downer, I just feel like this Burlap pet looks more like a cute plushie toy rather than a creepy, home-made doll.

something like this? colours aren't perfectly matched but i am a noob at psp..

367356756.png.d2214a92cc5c35a08181b5915811d554.png

yeah i see what you mean, now...

54 minutes ago, berriganify said:

something like this? colours aren't perfectly matched but i am a noob at psp..

367356756.png.d2214a92cc5c35a08181b5915811d554.png

yeah i see what you mean, now...

Exactly. That is such an improvement - though I still don`t like the eyes, lol! Lovely edit, though, it looks much better this way.

50 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

Exactly. That is such an improvement - though I still don`t like the eyes, lol! Lovely edit, though, it looks much better this way.

Exact thoughts! @berriganify's edit is SO much better but the eye colour still looks too friendly/childish or welcoming or something. Totally not what I think of when someone mentions Burlap lol

The new color is good! Burlap can look really good on most of the pets, and it looks very cute on the Draik! I do agree however it is a bit too colorful, but @berriganify made a much more balanced version!

And for the outfit, I really like it! I love futuristic and cyber kind of designs, it looks really well done!

Not perfect, but still great day Draiks!