Account suspension

kauri0.o

Got my account suspended for naming a pet "RonaldHubbard". I was aware of strict rules around naming - but I saw other pets had been named RonHubbard, Ron_Hubbard, etc, so I figured there would be no issue. On reading the rules I see no reason why this should be considered a violation. Do I have any recourse? I don't want a permanent black mark as I've seen horror stories about TNT recklessly freezing accounts.

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

Yikes, I'm pretty certain it's because Neopet's first investors were scientologists who tried to force their religion onto the site.  But I'm sure you can just say you didn't know, I mean if other people can have names like that, I don't see why you can't.

Is that true? That's very disturbing if so. Never heard of that.

50 minutes ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Is that true? That's very disturbing if so. Never heard of that.

I remember reading about it at some point, so I did some googling, and apparently Donna (one of Neopets' co-creators) confirmed it in a Reddit AMA.

(I had no idea that the rules for naming pets included things like this though!)

I don't know if it's necessarily because of the neopets-scientology connection. i'd guess it's because scientology in general is pretty "controversial" and not so appropriate for neopets

The other pets you saw were possibly grandfathered in from before they stopped allowing certain pet names.

I'd heard of the scientology thing. 😄

Why neopets would allow these pets to be created only to punish the user is beyond me...

FYI Ron_Hubbard the Xweetok account is apparently long inactive...

ronhubbard the Buzz account is FROZEN...

ElronHubbard the JubJub account also seems inactive.

lronhubbard the Eyrie owner "tom cruise" 😄 account also long inactive...

L_Ron_Hubbard the Lenny long inactive ... lmfao also has pets XENU and XEMU

USER lronhubbard long inactive...

TNT hesitant to use the purge of accounts (and hence pets) difficult to see why OP was frozen if that was the official reason given all these others... good luck OP!