The Runway Votes #130

Nielo

Choose your favourite entries  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite entries

This poll is closed to new votes

It's time to vote for your favourite entries again!

Important note: Voting for yourself is NOT allowed. Doing so will result in disqualification. Please double check your votes before submitting them, to avoid mistakes, because they can't be changed afterwards.

Current theme: Video Games
Description: Take your inspiration for this entry from video games. Old or new; Neopets-related or not; based on a specific game, or just something that reminds you of a certain game genre. Pretty much anything goes.
Entering period: Monday, August 16 - Sunday, August 22
Voting period: Monday, August 23 - Sunday, August 29

Be sure to check out the links to the animated entries, although with Flash gone (and pre-HTML5 conversion) you'll only be able to see the still image. (Still worth checking out, as it'll be bigger than the one in the thread, so you'll be able to see more details on it.)

Note: DTI appears to be having some issues displaying the animation links; most of them seem to be broken, at least for me.
DTI also has an HTML5 beta version you can use, which might be more future-proof. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but you can check out the link for entry #5 to see what it looks like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting is now officially closed! And the winners are...

1st Place

firstplace.png

TayAllen
The Death of Flash

runway130-firstplace.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2399707
"This poor Grundo has not slept since January 12, 2021. The day all Neopians' lives changed forever. The day Flash died. Ever since then, he has been working tirelessly to recreate all of the games in the Games Room hoping someday Neopians will be able to play more than 8 games."

2nd Place

secondplace.png

aleu1986
The Sims

runway130-secondplace.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2401890
"When a Sim with no cooking skill tries to make cereal."

3rd Place                                                               3rd Place

thirdplace.png                                                                                   thirdplace.png

Aimee                                                            GlitchtaleLover
 Sly Cooper and the Thievius Kyriius                                      The Literature Club!

runway130-thirdplace1.png         runway130-thirdplace2.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2399117      Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2401844

"Join Sly Cooper on an adventure throughout Neopia to recollect stolen pages of the Thievius Kyriius! Of course he's joined by the other two members of the Cooper gang: Bentley, the tech genius shoyru, and Murray, the brawler tonu. Just keep a careful eye out for Carmelita Lupe, before the adventure ends in handcuffs!" "'Hi there! Monika here, welcome to the Literature Club! This club has been a dream of mine, and I'm excited to share my love of literature with you! You can discuss books and write poems with the members of the club: S̴̿͜ä̶̫̝ỷ̸̼̩o̸̙̚r̴̢̲͑̋i̶̜̦̚, Natsuki, Yuri, and of course, Me! I can tell you're already excited about this perfectly fine group as much as I am- will you promise to spend the most time with me?~'"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aimee

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Kyriius

Aimee-130.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2399117
"Join Sly Cooper on an adventure throughout Neopia to recollect stolen pages of the Thievius Kyriius! Of course he's joined by the other two members of the Cooper gang: Bentley, the tech genius shoyru, and Murray, the brawler tonu. Just keep a careful eye out for Carmelita Lupe, before the adventure ends in handcuffs!"

jellysundae

Taking Neoquest to the next level

jellysundae-130-2.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2402572
"Rohane excitedly does a live presentation for his ideas for NQIII, and how to make it more dynamic. Here we have his concept for an intense Easter egg game: Extreme Kass Basher. A fierce and highly time-sensitive game, where you have mere seconds before your bat is destroyed; either by the waves soaking it, or your burning gloves igniting it, or your arms! All whilst staying upright on a surfboard for added complication.

You can trigger the game by... but we're not telling you that! You must find out yourself by playing! 😉"

TayAllen

The Death of Flash

Tay-Allen-130.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2399707
"This poor Grundo has not slept since January 12, 2021. The day all Neopians' lives changed forever. The day Flash died. Ever since then, he has been working tirelessly to recreate all of the games in the Games Room hoping someday Neopians will be able to play more than 8 games."

memyselfandty_13

The Legend of Zafara

memyselfandty-130.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2399696
"This young Draik has set out from his home forest, along with his faerie guardian, on a quest across Neopia to save Princess Zafara from the evil Grarrlandorf!"

planlysastrata

Gamer Geek

planlysastrata-130.png

Animation link: View the outfit on DTI's HTML5 beta page
"He had mastered every game out there. He had every award. Every high score. Still he wanted more. He devised a plot. He would create a way for himself to go into the games he only ever played from the outside. No one would get in the way of him becoming not only the Master Gamer but also the Master Game."

GlitchtaleLover

The Literature Club!

Glitchtale-Lover-130.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2401844
"'Hi there! Monika here, welcome to the Literature Club! This club has been a dream of mine, and I'm excited to share my love of literature with you! You can discuss books and write poems with the members of the club: S̴̿͜ä̶̫̝ỷ̸̼̩o̸̙̚r̴̢̲͑̋i̶̜̦̚, Natsuki, Yuri, and of course, Me! I can tell you're already excited about this perfectly fine group as much as I am- will you promise to spend the most time with me?~'"

aleu1986

The Sims

aleu-130.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2401890
"When a Sim with no cooking skill tries to make cereal."

*sees #7*

*laffs until stomach hurts*

I mean I was laughing already, and then I saw that one... 🤣

Oh my, I so miss playing on Sims 2 violin.gif *makes Sim clean the toilet whilst wearing a ballgown*

Thank you TDNers, for some most excellent entries this round! :D :D :D

I recognize the games featured, even if I haven`t played all of them myself, (I have played the Literature Club one, that was weird, lol) and I love how some entries also branched out, very creative and fun! :D Great job, everyone!

I'm almost glad that I failed to find inspiration this time round; I could seriously never have beaten the originality on show here!

Also, never heard of the literature club game. Thank you to whoever sent that one in, I've just bought it!

18 minutes ago, Secre said:

I'm almost glad that I failed to find inspiration this time round; I could seriously never have beaten the originality on show here!

Same ! I don't even play video games :D

But I just had an idea and I might make something for the Alternative Entries thread , maybe you can too ?

7 hours ago, Secre said:

Also, never heard of the literature club game. Thank you to whoever sent that one in, I've just bought it!

Just a warning for the literature club one, it's a horror game with some pretty scary stuff so be warned if you don't want to see that stuff! I'm pretty sure the game gives a list of the warnings but I just wanted to be sure you knew what you were getting into.

18 hours ago, GlitchtaleLover said:

Just a warning for the literature club one, it's a horror game with some pretty scary stuff so be warned if you don't want to see that stuff! I'm pretty sure the game gives a list of the warnings but I just wanted to be sure you knew what you were getting into.

Thanks! I haven't opened it yet, although I have downloaded it. I saw some content warnings on the main Steam page though!

In fairness, without the warnings I likely wouldn't have picked it up as it looks rather too pink and fluffy from the pictures given! I'm not usually into dating sims, so I'd have kept on moving, but the content warnings made me more interested!

8 hours ago, Secre said:

Thanks! I haven't opened it yet, although I have downloaded it. I saw some content warnings on the main Steam page though!

In fairness, without the warnings I likely wouldn't have picked it up as it looks rather too pink and fluffy from the pictures given! I'm not usually into dating sims, so I'd have kept on moving, but the content warnings made me more interested!

Alright cool! Hope you enjoy the game! :D