P3s

natvv

I don't know if I'm an outcast in this, but... I love P3s.  They're adorable.  I love matching P3s to my Neopets & Petpets.  Ideally, all of my neopets should have P3s.  I've noticed there haven't been very many available on the Trading Post lately, compared to the past few years.

So, I'm trying pretty hard to obtain them on my own.

I was wondering... I believe the only way to get them from the site itself (rather than buying from other players), is through Random Events and The Coincidence????

Is there any other way to obtain P3s through the site that I'm missing?  Any other dailies, games, challenges, events, shops..? 

Hi natvv! I love p3s, too! They're actually one of my favorite aspects of Neopets 😊👍

9561.gif?591636.gif22510.gif14939.gif27112.gif

My understanding is that The Coincidence is the only way to get them. There used to be a random event which gave you one:

"Ohhh how cute. It seems [petpet name] has got a [petpetpet name] in its mouth. Have you been feeding it lately?" (Source)

But for some reason (I have no idea why), they changed it at some point so that it no longer gives one:

"Ohhh, how cute. It seems one of your Petpets has got a Petpetpet in it's mouth. Wait a minute, that's just a leg!" (Source)

Although there are some p3s that don't seem to be given from the Coincidence (like Glymes and Strales), so I have no idea how people acquire those.

I've posted on the suggestions NeoBoard several times that TNT should add more p3s (maybe a User contest to design them so TNT doesn't have to) and increase the opportunities to acquire them. Hopefully one day it'll happen 🤞

1 hour ago, TryVegan4TheAnimals said:

But for some reason (I have no idea why), they changed it at some point so that it no longer gives one:

"Ohhh, how cute. It seems one of your Petpets has got a Petpetpet in it's mouth. Wait a minute, that's just a leg!" (Source)

Although there are some p3s that don't seem to be given from the Coincidence (like Glymes and Strales), so I have no idea how people acquire those.

Oh wow, thank you for all the info!!!  (& I love your un, I've been vegan for 11 years now ❤️)

I had no clue that the Random Events don't even award them anymore, that really sucks!  Here I was hoping for a good P3 RE 😞 

Strale is also one of my main goals right now... so... that's a really big bummer 😞 

you just gave me so much helpful new info, thank you so much!!!!!  time to start trying to convince people to do The Coincidence more frequently... get more P3s in circulation! 😂

2 hours ago, natvv said:

Oh wow, thank you for all the info!!!  (& I love your un, I've been vegan for 11 years now ❤️)

I had no clue that the Random Events don't even award them anymore, that really sucks!  Here I was hoping for a good P3 RE 😞 

Strale is also one of my main goals right now... so... that's a really big bummer 😞 

you just gave me so much helpful new info, thank you so much!!!!!  time to start trying to convince people to do The Coincidence more frequently... get more P3s in circulation! 😂

Best of luck with getting a Strale, Nat! I totally agree, we need as many p3s as we can get 😅

Yay! I always love meeting vegan Neopians 🥰

natvv,

Looking at JN I see there are 43 different types of petpetpets.  The Vernax - r99  Vernax  49,500 NP seems to be the least expensive. I actually thought I had a couple of these in my SDB but I don't. I was going to offer them to you. Sorry.  They jump in price quite a bit with the next least expensive coming in at Veespa  219,000 NP. That's a little jump in price! Do you have any? If not perhaps you could check them all out on JN and start with something a little less expensive? I know when you get your heart set on a certain item it's hard to settle for anything else but it might get you started in your journey of having petpetpets.  Of course, you may have already checked them all out and have a lot of them already. Now I am wondering what happened to the ones I thought I had. Going to check my gallery to see if I put them in with the petpets. ... AHA! I do have the Vernax in my gallery but I didn't see any others. If you don't have this one your welcome to the one I have.

i imagine the expensive prices also have something to do with the fact that they can't be resold once attached...

but yeah, they should definitely have more ways to get them! the random events were nice because they didn't require any buy in, so no matter what there were always at least a few entering the market

On 8/13/2021 at 6:47 PM, Granny63020 said:

natvv,

Looking at JN I see there are 43 different types of petpetpets.  The Vernax - r99  Vernax  49,500 NP seems to be the least expensive. I actually thought I had a couple of these in my SDB but I don't. I was going to offer them to you. Sorry.  They jump in price quite a bit with the next least expensive coming in at Veespa  219,000 NP. That's a little jump in price! Do you have any? If not perhaps you could check them all out on JN and start with something a little less expensive? I know when you get your heart set on a certain item it's hard to settle for anything else but it might get you started in your journey of having petpetpets.  Of course, you may have already checked them all out and have a lot of them already. Now I am wondering what happened to the ones I thought I had. Going to check my gallery to see if I put them in with the petpets. ... AHA! I do have the Vernax in my gallery but I didn't see any others. If you don't have this one your welcome to the one I have.

Thank you - that's very nice of you to check!

I have a Ditrey, Cooty, Zytch, and Jermite 🙂 
FVa7R3T.pngYhMLkKV.pngfiN6Sv3.pngzHjQQzq.png

right now my main goals are Fleaf, Strale, Glack, Bumbluz, Draphly, and Mootix 🙂 

aaahh thank you so much for the Vernax offer!!!!  I'm not sure any of my pets/petpets he would go well with, so def feel free to just hang onto him for yourself!  the Vernax is super cute tho - thank you for offering one up!!!! 😍

On 8/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, nirv120 said:

They remind me of the habitarium, which makes me happy and sad at the same time. I used to have a few before my account was hacked.

I've always regarded p3s as bling. They look nice, but they don't really serve any purpose and they cost so much.

their purpose is to be cute and get love 🥺

15 minutes ago, natvv said:

aaahh thank you so much for the Vernax offer!!!!  I'm not sure any of my pets/petpets he would go well with, so def feel free to just hang onto him for yourself!  the Vernax is super cute tho - thank you for offering one up!!!! 

I understand. When we have our heart set on a certain thing then the 2nd place sometimes just won't do. The offer is open. if you change your mind. I don't have any attached and I collect petpets. That's why it was in my gallery with the petpets. If I had a bunch or actually collected the petpetpets I would make a category for them but it's just the one so... 

The ones fashioned after the habi would be my favorites if I were to get some but they are all pretty cute. Good luck on getting the one(s) you want!

20 hours ago, natvv said:

Oh boy… it’s getting serious… here we go!!

Ooh, that's exciting! I'm rooting for you, Nat🤞

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Good luck with the Coincidence!

If you do get one, remember you need to refresh with the old inventory to get it to attach. So add /x to the inventory page to bring up the old inventory page!

4 hours ago, Secre said:

If you do get one, remember you need to refresh with the old inventory to get it to attach. So add /x to the inventory page to bring up the old inventory page!

And I would add a suggestion for posterity: keep a bunch of stuff and Pant Devil Attractors in your inventory while you're refreshing, since there is a small (but scary) chance that a Random Event can take your p3 away!

Untitled.png.7a75e5d9b3c3bc310fab413844cea695.pngds.png.22c29c835e4564b8a7a79059283d62bf.pngdsfsd.png.73c4b5b29340f7d77270d3898de6dca7.pngsdss.png.1f208b447f341f2b6dd063f212da5812.pngsjdkls.png.6c13f6e8c5314eefb473cc969f5eabe4.png