The Wheels

granny63020

I usually spin the wheels a few times or more a day. I spun them earlier and I just went to spin them again and they have changed them. Slight changes, before, after the spin, a box would just pop up and tell you the results. This time after the spin I had to click the wheel to see the results of the spin. Come on, the were converted and working. Couldn't this have waited and instead of changing this stuff now how about getting other stuff working so we can get back to enjoying more of the site. I know it was important to me for them to change the way I see the results of the spin. Wow am I happy they finally changed that for me/us. This was keeping me awake at night! Yes, sarcasm folks. FIX SOMETHING THAT'S BROKE! Rant over for now.

Idk, I think it makes them look more alive. They added a bunch of animations I don't actually hate. Sometimes it feels like everything they are converting is just reused art they have been using for years and the way they changed makes them feel fresh.

I get the frustration, but it was probably way easier to include these small changes than to convert games or whatever.

51 minutes ago, nirv120 said:

I get the frustration, but it was probably way easier to include these small changes than to convert games or whatever.

I agree with you and I don't hate it either. I just wish they would wait and make these changes sometime later, after they have more stuff converted for us. They should have every available soul working to get everything changed then they can go back and do the easy stuff. Also, just came from Grave Danger. It has been changed too.

(update) Just came from the Snowager, yes, it also has changed. I'm guessing this will be the case on everything I click.

These are the pages that have changed according to the beta notes:

I read up a little bit about the changes made to the wheels, and it was mostly to make them mobile friendly and as someone who likes to play on the go, I can attest to the fact that they were super awkward to play.

Hope that helps. 🙂

I'm pleased to realise that the wheel's were still a work in progress. I only spin the Wheel of Mediocrity, so I can't comment on the others, but the sloppiness of the way it had been done frustrated me. The way the wheel didn't slow down any more, just abruptly stopped dead, and OMG when they were all excited about the audio being back, and it was terr.i.ble; just a monotonous bangbangbangbang that didn't sound right or correspond to the visual at all.

I can't tell yet whether this update's an actual improvement with regard to this as I had the page muted for my first spin, and on my second spin just now... well... x'DDD

The wheel vanished! There was just the support pole and the arrow. :laugh: So I've no idea if a spin even happened, hahahaha, I didn't end up with an item in my inventory but that's not much of an indication, is it. Hopefully before the day is out I'll have a better idea of this current "upgrade" though!

GOT to say though, I'm absolutely thrilled that Plesio's "are you excited? Yeah you probably shouldn't be" comment is back! Little things... :blush:

The additional text on the Symol Hole's fascinating, I mean... why?? HA, maybe just to feed Neopian conspiracy theories. xDDD

5 hours ago, nirv120 said:

Witch's Tower

OMG! I thought I was losing it with Edna. I was in the middle of getting her 3 ingredients and when I came back with all three just a few minutes later on my 2 hours time limit-she was stirring her cauldron & telling me "No one is home". I was like, "Girl, I see you there stirring your pot, now take what I got!" After trying to get her to take the ingredients a few more times-I gave up, scratching my head bc this had never happened before to me. 🥺

Right, time to try again, let's see if the wheel remains visible this time. xDD

Yep, it stayed there, but the audio's slow in catching up, only heard it for the very end of the spin, but those few clicks did sound better/more normal.... You having to click to claim your prize is how it's always been, what we have right now is much closer to the original than the previous version, I very much like that.

This is making me feel that the other wheel was just a placeholder while the original was made mobile-friendly, and now we have the original artwork back.

2 hours ago, bonnie_morrison said:

I spun the Wheel of Excitement and had it disappear on me too. Only found out I had lost health when I went to my pet page. 

Yeah... they are deffo not done with the wheels yet. They are pretty glitchy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've managed to score this bad boy from the Wheel of Knowledge today:

Gold-BJCWin20220511.png

It's not my first time winning a Job Coupon from the Wheel of Knowledge. I have won a Green Brightvale Job Coupon from this wheel in the past, I think back in 2018 if I remember correctly? It was during my hiatus from TDN Forums when it happened.

• 1 year later...