Hey!

nirv120

Hello everyone!

I've played neopets forever and I've used the TDN website a lot over the years, but I never thought of making an account until recently. I mostly made an account to apply for the avatar lending lists, but I'm also very excited about getting to participate in this community.

When I'm on neopets, I like to pound surf in search on my next lab rats. I've also recently gotten into training and the battledome. Off of neopets, I'm a social work grad student.

My first language isn't english, so I apologize in advance for any awkwarness in my messages.

Looking forward to talking to all of you!

Hi and welcome to the forum nirv120! The avatar lending is great, I've gotten some items and pets for avatars that way too. You'll qualify soon enough if you like participating on the forum.

Also, (said by another none native English speaker) your English seems fine! And even if some awkwardness happens because of it, no need to apologize for it! The main thing is people understand you.

Hi! o/

As a native English speaker, I always feel so in awe of everyone who speaks more than one language, because as a typical Brit, I do not. :blush: Talking with people online seems a fantastic way to practice other languages; I hang out on the Shenkuu board on the neoboards and one of the other ninjas is Spanish, she's learning English and she uses Duolingo to talk to us. She's improved no end since becoming active on the board. :D The fact that two of the other regulars are also speaking English as an additional language - they're Belgian and Italian - makes for some interesting discussions about various countries grammar!

I've just got a new labby myself :D I like to rescue the trapped ones from Lost and Pound. I especially like to go for the ones that have been stuck in the Pound for years. This one's just over 14, so they were due some fresh air! They were a blue Acara and just had their first species change, so now they're a red Kau. >:3

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I hang out on the Shenkuu board on the neoboards and one of the other ninjas is Spanish, she's learning English and she uses Duolingo to talk to us. She's improved no end since becoming active on the board.

That's so cool! I must admit, I owe a lot of my proficiency to neopets as well. When I was a kid, I would intentionally set the website to english even though I could only understand roughly half of what was going on. Purposeful expose is definitely one of the best ways to learn a new language.