TNT have their priorities straight as usual... /s

Secre

Having followed the link to the feedback form on the news page (direct link: https://sdwj.99.com/q/aA7v6j), it would appear that they are now considering yet another bleeding match game after only just discontinuing Ghoul Catchers.

I just... don't get it. Match games have a hugely over saturated market and I surely can't be the only person who is sick and tired of them. Even games that seem to be actual puzzle related that I download from interesting ads end up having a match format to them and I delete them. 

If they really wanted to develop a decent mobile game then something like Treasure Finders of old (yes, I'm probably showing my age) which was a shop simulation as I recall that was actually really darn good. Or a re-code and re-make of Habitarium - which would work perfectly in a mobile format! I know they don't own the rights to the original game, but the idea is sound. Re-name, add a load more petpets, add some additional jobs and such like and they could re-make it as a whole new game. 

KeyQuest - again, I know they'd have to code it from scratch as they 'lost' the original code. But can you imagine the interest from their player base who have been calling for them to bring that game back!? They could do it so you have an option to play single player or multi-player and make it a fantastic mobile game. 

Or well, you know, just fixing the site!? Fixing the cruddily converted games we have and actually converting more of them on a monthly basis?!

I might admittedly be biased because I really dislike match games now, but it just seems so... pointless!

The only space for free feedback in the form is the 'Other' response on what would you look forward to most in a Match game. My response:

"Absolutely nothing. There is no merit in creating another match game only months after abandoning Ghoul Catchers. The main site needs all the resources you can throw at it and instead diverting to inane mini-games. The market is additionally already flooded with match games. If you must do a side game, then a simulation game like the old Treasure Finders game or a new version of Habitarium would likely go down reasonably well with your customer base. But another match game is just a waste of time, effort and money."

My thoughts exactly

I gave all the negative answers I could ... and there was one question about which match game did you play before or something and I wrote "Hello ... GHOUL CATCHERS ?! Hello ?!?!! ..."

:D

44 minutes ago, Angeló said:

My thoughts exactly

I gave all the negative answers I could ... and there was one question about which match game did you play before or something and I wrote "Hello ... GHOUL CATCHERS ?! Hello ?!?!! ..."

:D

It's like, if they want to have a matching game then just update Ghoul Catchers with new levels... which were promised before the game was discontinued. They already have a matching game. An an island builder that still isn't available on Apple. Instead of faffing around with new mini-games, I wish they would just work on the site and what is already broken!

I really liked playing Letters and Legends! Played Ghoul Catchers for a while but it was so focused on spending money to even be able to complete a level as it was nearly impossible without power ups that I just gave up on it and bought the collectibles.

I'd love a "new" habitarium and KeyQuest! Plus they had a really nice NC part too! You could just play the game without having to spend money but buying some items made it more divers and fun!

Another match game? Oh boy.......honestly any other game ideas would be better revival of habitarium would love that for sure! But yeah anything else would be better BUT only after fixing the site first that should be the current focus not this side stuff 🙄

On 7/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, Duma said:

I really liked playing Letters and Legends! Played Ghoul Catchers for a while but it was so focused on spending money to even be able to complete a level as it was nearly impossible without power ups that I just gave up on it and bought the collectibles.

I'd love a "new" habitarium and KeyQuest! Plus they had a really nice NC part too! You could just play the game without having to spend money but buying some items made it more divers and fun!

I'm awful at Scrabble type games so L&L got downloaded, tried and uninstalled in the same day.

I completed Ghoul Catchers but had to spend money to get past a couple of levels on I think Faerieland? I admit, I only did it for the in game rewards!

But yes, a newly done habi or KQ would be great, particularly if they kept the in game rewards. 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:07 AM, aaml said:

Another match game? Oh boy.......honestly any other game ideas would be better revival of habitarium would love that for sure! But yeah anything else would be better BUT only after fixing the site first that should be the current focus not this side stuff 🙄

Complete and hard agree. I mean a revive of something like Habi would be very cool. But you'd think they'd sort the complete majority of the site that isn't converted yet!

TNT themselves aren't going to be working on an app, it's going to be contracted by another company. 

I was also put off by the survey after reading their paragraph about it. Just be honest with us and say "we want your thoughts on an upcoming Neopets themed mobile app" not some garbage about our "experience" to "improve Neopia". 🙄

I went full salt on my "Other" reply:

"Something spooky, like perhaps some sort of undead creature. Perhaps a...... ghost, of some sort?"

-

"TNT themselves aren't going to be working on an app, it's going to be contracted by another company. "

yeah, but that still costs money that could be used to hire more devs to work on the actual site. unless that money wouldn't have been used for neopets at all, it's still taking resources away from the actual site.

But yeah, they really did try and claim that survey was something it wasn't, didn't they? it was, what, two vague questions about the site as a whole and then all the rest very specifically about mobile apps? lol

I'm assuming it's just the cheapest to go to some studio that already makes match games, slap neopets themed art onto their template and call it a day... this might be a tinfoil hat opinion but i just think theyre putting out this poll to claim you, the user, was involved in all of it and that you asked for a match game after all and now they just complied with everyones wishes :)))

yeah im not excited for this.

16 hours ago, berriganify said:

yeah, but that still costs money that could be used to hire more devs to work on the actual site. unless that money wouldn't have been used for neopets at all, it's still taking resources away from the actual site.

Everything is budgeted and the money used for apps/tv shows/merch etc won't have anything to do with the money used to hire people or to pay them. 

15 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Everything is budgeted and the money used for apps/tv shows/merch etc won't have anything to do with the money used to hire people or to pay them. 

the budget is decided by someone, somewhere, who decided to put money towards this instead of increasing the amount on the actual site tho

well hopefully what @iloveeevee said is right and it's not going to cost that much