Happy Kiko Day!

hrtbrk

The Grunge oufit is cute, I really like that the belt is a separate item from the skirt, and the wig and gloves both fit the Kiko nicely, they`ve done a good job tailoring the clothes to the species. The contacts confused me, but I guess they wanted a lighter colour to match the belt.

I think it`s cool that they are taking inspiration from fan art and bringing it to life on the site. The Maraquan Kiko is truly unique and stunning, it`s such a fun and creative idea to have the pet turned into a pearl inside a shell - just awesome! I really like the addition of the starfish as well and the shading on the eyes is lovely. The only thing I will say against it is that customization becomes even more limited than it already is with Maraquan pets, but this pet really stands out on its own and doesn`t need clothing anyway. (When a new Maraquan pet is released, does the Maraquan clothing fit them, or can`t they wear anything made up to that point?) I look forward to seeing this Maraquan Kiko around Neopia, I wonder which backgrounds would be the best fit for it.

That Kiko shell is gorgeous! I may need a second Kiko in the future... I love the colours and the little starfish!!

Although someone on FB pointed out that this bit doesn't have a solid line and now I can't unsee it!

image.png.1a139e5b8b7138b94bda914c66d5ed4a.png

1 hour ago, aleu1986 said:

When a new Maraquan pet is released, does the Maraquan clothing fit them, or can`t they wear anything made up to that point?) I look forward to seeing this Maraquan Kiko around Neopia, I wonder which backgrounds would be the best fit for it.

Old items won't fit new Mara's. I have this problem with my Lutari. It's aggravating because there are so few options to begin with!

So having fallen in love with the new Mara Kiko, I decided to use my Premium Perk on it and morphed my JubJub into a Chia. Unfortunately, I am now stuck with this ugly fellow until he gets hungry as I forgot he was in the lodge. So he can't eat the tasty Gooseberry pop I bought him!

Open photo

The new Maraquan Kiko is super cute. If I'd like Kiko's, this would be the one I would definitely get. I do have a feeling that this pet in this color is going to be very popular.

How are pets turned into Maraquan anyway? PB?

16 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

Yes, you use a Maraquan PB on them, which you get from REs or the nerkmid vending machine or the TP. They're pretty expensive!

I have a feeling the pb is going to be even more expensive....

The new color is... well it was pretty shocking! It actually looks really good, and I'm not a huge fan of Kikos, but I love the creativity in this one! I'm looking forward to seeing how people use it.

The new outfit is good, a bit too simple if anything, but the design is cool nonetheless.

Interesting day for the Kikos! Can't wait to see them being implemented in designs...

17 hours ago, SimplyTragic said:

The new Maraquan Kiko is super cute. If I'd like Kiko's, this would be the one I would definitely get. I do have a feeling that this pet in this color is going to be very popular.

How are pets turned into Maraquan anyway? PB?

Mara paint brush which shot up in price after the Mara Lutari was announced and I now suspect it will stay sky high.

Some pets have morphing potions, but the Kiko doesn't yet.

Lab ray, with the obvious proviso that it is random.

FFQ if you're lucky enough to get one. I've had two with FQ cookies now over a lot of cookies!

Premium perk - if you change your pet to a species and colour the Kiko doesn't have (I used Gooseberry Chia) you can use the Premium Perk to change it to a new colour in your preferred species.

9 minutes ago, Angeló said:

@SecreWhat I don't understand is why you morphed your pet into a Chia first :D then a Kiko ?

Because I took advantage of the Premium perk in order to prevent spending 6 million plus neopoints.

The PP allows you to morph your pet into a different species and keep the colour, however if you have a pet in a colour that your new species doesn't have, it allows you to pick a new colour.

Kiko has all of the cheap paint brush colours, so the cheapest way I saw to do it was:

1. Morph into a basic Chia (200k odd)

2. Feed a gooseberry pop (300k odd)

3. Move across to Premium perk, click that I wanted a Kiko to get the message that gooseberry doesn't exist as a Kiko colour, would I like to pick a new colour. Yes, yes, I would. I'll take Maraquan please!

WALLAH!

image.png.4fcaa1cbe3107eff0cc7eef683a788d8.png

A 6 plus million paint job for under 600k!

I did it before with my MSP, but at the time Poogle didn't have a water option. So I morphed Shenistre into a Water Kau, then used the Premium Perk to turn him into a Poogle and picked MSP as my new colour!

3 hours ago, Secre said:

WALLAH!

I didn't know how the Premium Perk works , thanks for explaining :D so for example if you had a pet with all the color options as the Kiko , you must turn it Maraquan before using the perk to change it to a Kiko ... 

and did you just swear to God in Arabic ? :D 

22 hours ago, Angeló said:

I didn't know how the Premium Perk works , thanks for explaining :D so for example if you had a pet with all the color options as the Kiko , you must turn it Maraquan before using the perk to change it to a Kiko ... 

and did you just swear to God in Arabic ? :D 

Yep, exactly. Although as the Chia has lots of random fruits and veg that no other pet has, there are usually always options.

For a cheaper paint brush, it may well be more cost effective to paint the initial pet the right colour and then change species. But for Mara or Stealth for instance which are both insanely priced, or for lab only colours like MSP or Ice Bori, the switcharoo works better!

And hah, that was not my intention, I admit!

On 7/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Secre said:

And hah, that was not my intention, I admit!

Well , it fit what you were saying .. gave emphasis :D

I'm teaching my fiance Arabic words to use in the USA to confuse people and she's loving it :P

Ok I don't want to go off-topic ... they fixed the Deluxe PB clothing images and they look so much better now 

https://items.jellyneo.net/assets/imgs/items/69791.gif

https://items.jellyneo.net/assets/imgs/items/69792.gif