Oh boy. So many complaints on the boards!

Secre

Some of it I can see. Maraqua, however hard we played, did not deserve sixth spot over Brightvale. Maybe over LD due to the cheating aspects, but if we'd have been in the top tier and playing DC, AL, LD etc, we would have almost certainly lost most of our games. 

SOTAC is still getting griped at, but I am less bothered by them than by the obvious cheating in the ACG. At the end of the day, the vast majority of SOTAC seem to actually play for their points. Should they be able to dominate the podium every year? Probably not, but they are not going anywhere unless TNT does something drastically unpopular like force choosing your AC team for you next year. I do not see this as a viable option, so there's little point in complaining.

And the prize shop is a little disappointing. There's a lot of tat and a few high priced gems.

But the complaining about the amount of points to reach the prizes is doing my bleeding nut in. A small amount of research would have said that 18k would be the minimum prize shop value for the top prize. And that there would be at least one 12k prize thrown in there as well.

"BUT I REACHED ALL-STAR! I DESERVE THE DRESS!"

No. This is the way it has been for years. And the prizes are far less expensive than they once were. I recall back in the day the top prizes being 40k! Even in 2018, the Water Yooyu was 25k in points. All-Star is good, you get the shiny gold trophy for your trouble and you can afford the stamp and the books. But those top prizes have always surpassed All-Star. This is not a surprise!

"I PLAYED LOADS AND CAN'T AFFORD THE STAMP."

Again. Small amount of research. The stamp has sat at about 4000 points for several years now. This is no surprise.

*mini-rant over*

2 hours ago, Secre said:

I PLAYED LOADS AND CAN'T AFFORD THE STAMP.

I'm sure you acquired more than 4000 points .. I'm only Rank 10 and I have 3110 points 

Also , I hate to say I told you so , but I told you so :P The Star Players Plushies made it into the Prize Shop .. lots of people (current sellers and former buyers) will be pissed !

59 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I'm sure you acquired more than 4000 points .. I'm only Rank 10 and I have 3110 points 

Also , I hate to say I told you so , but I told you so :P The Star Players Plushies made it into the Prize Shop .. lots of people (current sellers and former buyers) will be pissed !

Hah, yes, I actually have enough points for the top prize for the first time ever! My crowning achievement!

I’m holding off on spending my points though. I want to see where the Yooyu and stamp stabilise at price wise before jumping.

I love the giant Yooyu plushie as well. Typical that I only like the expensive prizes!

But yes, I was more quoting the complaints I’d seen on the boards!

I am pleased by the plushie overload in the Staff Tournament though! 

I PLAYED LOADS AND CAN'T AFFORD THE STAMP.

Oh , you were talking about previous years , not this year 🙂

The stamp is going for 2 Mil atm , I can buy it with NP .. but I don't feel I SHOULD RUSH it 

13 hours ago, Angeló said:

Oh , you were talking about previous years , not this year 🙂

The stamp is going for 2 Mil atm , I can buy it with NP .. but I don't feel I SHOULD RUSH it 

I've added italics and quotation marks to make it clearer. I was typing just before I closed the computer down yesterday and so was in a rush.

In a plot twist, two of the plushies from the Staff Tournament have been gifted to me! Someone was being very kind and offering them for a bunch of pirate acara plushies. I felt guilty and put two lots up instead of one, thinking she'd do one plushie and one junk... instead I have two plushies!

image.png.aa5d8173a72fac4f2fbcfc3b1988bb2a.png

I think I'm likely going to get that dress, sell it and buy the Yooyu and stamp and whatever book I can't afford in points out of the proceeds. Should be about 6 million I think once prices stabilise! Which leaves me with at least 4 mil profit. More if the dress stays around the 15 mil instead of dropping to 10 mil.

6 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Yup, agreed. The neopets community is full of so many self-absorbed people who think they deserve everything handed to them on a silver platter for doing the bare minimum. 

It's slightly baffling. I thought the complainers would be new accounts, but I looked at them and most of them have been playing for years. By one year in, you know how things are going to play in the prize shop. If you have ten years or more, you can remember when things were really, really difficult to get and seriously need to stop griping!

Yup, some people are just greedy. If you want the stamp either buy it off from others (Like I will be doing) or spend every waking moment playing games for Altador Cup with your focus on the games that level you up the most. I've got a measly 228 points but I barely played so I knew this from the start. Staff tournament I got 45158 points so I can buy plenty from that shop.

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Some people just need a massive kick up the behind and that's all there is to it. The entitlement of some people is... just... *speechless*

Well Said!

I ended up with over 8k points and bought 2 stamps. One for myself and one for a friend. Spent the rest of my points on a few other things. I really would have liked the gown from the shop this year though. But if I want it that bad I can always buy it at a later date. For me to have gotten it would have been an insane amount of game time and that's just something I don't have. I was lucky to get to All-Star an hour before the AC ended.