Altador Prize Shops 2021 Have Arrived!

Mouseykins

Results have been posted for this year's Altador Cup. The anticipation is over!

l-1234.png

Head on over to the Altador Cup Prize Shop to spend your points. Remember, they will expire when signups begin net year.

The Staff Tournament has also concluded with the release of it's prize shop. These points will also expire next year when signups begin.

For more information, you can check out our guides.

Prize Shop Guide

Staff Tournament Guide

Well, the results are interesting. Maraqua finished 6th despite not being in the top bracket. I think we need to unofficially swap with Brightvale...

The main prize shop... isn't filling me with joy, I must admit. There seems to be more tat than substance. The Water Yooyu will likely drop down several million neopoints in worth as it's a re-release from only five years ago. The Water Paint Brush isn't worth the points as it's an almost buyable. Better than last years Snow Paint Brush, but not great in terms of a 9000 point prize.

I like the swipe at the Kiko Lake donations, mind you:

image.png.715a6b5b2fa4536d0eef928a903ea417.png

And this... I don't know if it was deliberate, but I'll pretend it was regardless:

image.png.0ffaa92810949b1a598b4d8ed29295c8.png

I'm going to hold off using them for now... see where the np-prize point ratio settles. For the first time ever, I actually have enough points for the top prize. But that would mean missing out on the stamp and books. 

The Staff Tournament prizes are mildly entertaining and I could fill a few slots in my plushie gallery with them. Again, I'll wait to see where the values end up before using as some of them will undoubtedly end up cheaper than others in user shops.

I note there is no single point item this year in either shop which is a tad annoying. Last year I had like 400 of the comfort rock plushies which I used as CC fodder.

@Mouseykins - the pen doesn't exist in the prize shop btw. I don't know who updates the guide page, but it might be worth removing from the 2021 prize guide.

I had 3113 points for the Altador Cup , so I missed out on the stamp by less than 700 points,  but that's no big deal ^_^

I had 47204 points for the Staff Tournament , so I bought everything I really wanted :D

Here's everything I bought , I will be using most of these items in my galleries so I'm not complaining at all ! The only thing that irks me a bit is there are no 1-point items,  so I still have 3 points in my AC prize shop and 4 points in my Staff prize shop :P

image.png.00af627c5940310583ac1bb2a64525dc.png

6 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Results have been posted for this year's Altador Cup. The anticipation is over!

Where can I find the results? Thank you

27 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Where can I find the results? Thank you

If you're looking for them, the results are found at the Altador Cup main page: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/

So in a heart stopping change of mind, I bit the bullet and got that ridiculously expensive dress.

I figure at 2 million a stamp, with 19,000 points I can get 4 stamps worth 8 million and a book or two, probably bringing it to 10 million. Or I could hope for the best with the dress and splurge the entire 18,000 points on one item.

Well it paid off. I HAVE A BID!

The dress is selling for at least 15,150,000 neopoints!

image.png.2934af6f4d503065bfc39ca46e99f2dd.png

On 7/8/2021 at 8:12 AM, Secre said:

@Mouseykins - the pen doesn't exist in the prize shop btw. I don't know who updates the guide page, but it might be worth removing from the 2021 prize guide.

Whoops! Must have missed that! Which is odd because I double checked everything. Thanks for letting me know. I'll go get that fixed up right away.

I took a look at how many points I won from the Staff Tournament. While I had one of my best years ever, I was surprised to see that there wasn't any 1-, 10-, or 25-poimt prizes. Now, I will  be stuck with 13 points left over. Will the leftover points be carried over to next year's staff tournament (Like in Charity Corner)? I can't be the only one thinking this.

The leftover points are gonna annoy on various levels, aren't they! They're gonna drive people with OCD absolutely nuts!

TNT seems to have done the website equivalent of a government getting rid of a country's copper coinage. xD

I joked on the boards that it was a hint that CC's not gonna be happening again, haha.

No CC would certainly tick off some people even more! It's funny how people can get annoyed by so many little things. They'll just have to wait about a year, then their points would be a pretty 0 again XD

18 minutes ago, Duma said:

It's funny how people can get annoyed by so many little things.

Maybe TNT were being super thoughtful, and providing people with something to complain about for an entire year? Because, you know, there clearly won't be any other ire-generating things going on. *poker face*

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Maybe TNT were being super thoughtful, and providing people with something to complain about for an entire year? Because, you know, there clearly won't be any other ire-generating things going on. *poker face*

Trust me....I have plenty in my life right now to complain about. I just won't bore you with it. All in all, this pretty much lands at the bottom of my complaint list. lol