What on earth is going on with Lost Desert?!

Secre

That's confusing, especially as SOTAC have joined Altador. Yeah that definitely looks dodgy as all get out!

There's a big board about it, that's for sure!

Topic:  so... are we gonna talk about ld

There seems to be a current belief that a group of cheaters have joined LD and that's what's causing the weird as heck stats... I mean, for one I really don't want to see a return of CAPCHA's... there has to be a way to resolve it without that!

Are the ACGs stupid?

I mean, causing such massively unlikely scores just means they're really likely to get nerfed; so WHAT'S THE POINT!?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Something for sure seems weird, wouldn't really surprise me if people were cheating. From what it sounds like, something similar happens to a random team each year? I haven't heavily participated in any altador cups in the past so please correct me if that sounds wrong.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:10 PM, jellysundae said:

Are the ACGs retards?

I mean, causing such massively unlikely scores just means they're really likely to get nerfed; so WHAT'S THE POINT!?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe they just want to annoy the rest of us by getting CAPCHAs back in place...

But yes... hardly brains of the year here. Although, TNT don't seem to have done anything as of yet...

On 6/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, SnowGura said:

Something for sure seems weird, wouldn't really surprise me if people were cheating. From what it sounds like, something similar happens to a random team each year? I haven't heavily participated in any altador cups in the past so please correct me if that sounds wrong.

I think normally it's SOTAC, who don't cheat. They are just a squad of triple-quadruple All Star players who randomly pick a team to support. That team usually wins and always gets a podium finish. SOTAC have joined Altador this year. This is a different group.

3 hours ago, Secre said:

Maybe they just want to annoy the rest of us by getting CAPCHAs back in place...

Yes I did wonder if that was a reason. If their means of cheating doesn't require a lot of slog and grind, then doing it purely to wreck the AC for others fits the bill, doesn't it. 😕

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

Yes I did wonder if that was a reason. If their means of cheating doesn't require a lot of slog and grind, then doing it purely to wreck the AC for others fits the bill, doesn't it. 😕

It does unfortunately. This is why we can't have nice things, I fear.

I'm wondering if TNT are just going to let it run its course and then bar LD from winning at the last hurdle? Has that ever happened? It seems very unfair to the majority of LD players who are playing fairly, but it's unfair to the rest of us to let them sweep the cup on cheating.

9 minutes ago, Secre said:

I'm wondering if TNT are just going to let it run its course and then bar LD from winning at the last hurdle?

That's how they deal with the Caption Contest, that's for sure!

Though I still suspect the mass disqualifications at the last minute from a few rounds back was a purely automated thing, not them being spiteful douchenuggets as many on the boards seemed to think.

23 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

That's how they deal with the Caption Contest, that's for sure!

Though I still suspect the mass disqualifications at the last minute from a few rounds back was a purely automated thing, not them being spiteful douchenuggets as many on the boards seemed to think.

I missed the deal with the mass qualifications... what happened?

6 hours ago, Secre said:

I missed the deal with the mass qualifications... what happened?

6 people get over 2000 votes; one of them someone the ninjas were supporting. They were ALL DQed at the very last minute. Like in the final hour. It was never addressed by TNT. People contacted support about it, as far as I'm aware no-one heard anything back.

Drama queens on the boards obviously jumped to conclusions, screaming that it had been done with intent.

I suspected this 2k vote threshold was something coded in a very long time ago; with the thought that it's such an unrealistically high number so if someone got that many votes they must be cheating, so a full-automated axe would fall. But, someone on the boards said 10k+ votes wasn't unusual back in the day. So it's really hard to know what the truth is. It was the biggest sucker punch ever for those 6 people though.  x__x 

On 6/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, jellysundae said:

6 people get over 2000 votes; one of them someone the ninjas were supporting. They were ALL DQed at the very last minute. Like in the final hour. It was never addressed by TNT. People contacted support about it, as far as I'm aware no-one heard anything back.

Drama queens on the boards obviously jumped to conclusions, screaming that it had been done with intent.

I suspected this 2k vote threshold was something coded in a very long time ago; with the thought that it's such an unrealistically high number so if someone got that many votes they must be cheating, so a full-automated axe would fall. But, someone on the boards said 10k+ votes wasn't unusual back in the day. So it's really hard to know what the truth is. It was the biggest sucker punch ever for those 6 people though.  x__x 

Ouuuuch!!

Yeah, I can see that being a sucker punch to the gut!

It does seem strange to have as a limit though.  Particularly if it was an old limit as you're right, numbers used to be far higher!!

16 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

@Secre meanwhile this current contest... http://www.neopets.com/games/caption_browse.phtml

The entries are still the ones from the last contest... :lmaosmiley:

I'd say all their attention is on the AC... but clearly, it's not!