The Staff Tournament is Live!

Secre

I always save a screenshot at the end of the staff tourney for the following year so I can see all rounds I chose and who did well, and stunk out loud. My week 1 line-up turned out to be the same as my Week 1 line-up for last year. I always choose Ehlo Froyo as my Goalie though, Go Maraqua! lol Fortunately, she's a really decent goalie! :D I'm HOPING to select the right Star player, hasn't happened yet though. lol Good luck everyone with your picks!

*** You selected kikocat as star player ***

your-team-forwards.png your-team-defenders.png your-team-goalie.png
gutterfoot.png
"I don't leave the house often, but when I do, it’s to take out the trash"
senormalo.png
"I need a haircut"
kikocat.png
"We will create our own victory and draw inspiration from our championship!"
vandoodle.png
"- and you can quote me on that!" - van Doodle
ehlo-froyo.png
"Hey...you know what? If you can’t take the cold, bring a sweater whomp whomp*;*"

I'm having faith in Ehlo Froyo, she let us down last year and I switched to Binary Supagoo for the last round, but I feel she'll be on form this year.

I notice no-one seems keen to give Scrappy the time of day after her being so rubbish last year. x'D

I have ZERO faith in getting even one star player guess correct, the catagories tend to be too esoteric now.

*awards Kakarot "player least likely to be chosen"*, which no-one wins, because no-one chooses him...

45 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I notice no-one seems keen to give Scrappy the time of day after her being so rubbish last year. x'D

I have ZERO faith in getting even one star player guess correct, the catagories tend to be too esoteric now.

*awards Kakarot "player least likely to be chosen"*, which no-one wins, because no-one chooses him...

Scrappy was one of the first players I eliminated for exactly that reason!

Part of me is also like: no way should we be picking gutterfoot OR van Doodle, they have conversion work to be getting on with!!!  :laugh:

I wonder how many games they actually have to play. It's possibly something you could figure out from the scores, possibly... but not if you're me. xD

Let's see if glitches are fixed faster after TNT gets to experience them. :whistle:

Oh man, Ehlo's letting us down again 😞

meZ93fs.jpg

😞

Scrappy's back on form though, and Agog good from the get go this time! I should have given her a chance first off.

*switches to Agog and Binary Supagoo; not ready to let scrappy back into the fold just yet, gotta think about this. 😆

@jellysundae So I had a very similar team to you, but with a different goalie.

image.thumb.png.f5838d6cfe19ab26866ef6d3df6e7305.png

I've swapped out Kikocat and Senor Malo as my weakest links. Thanks for the best team snip. I've taken a chance on Scrappy and Agog!

image.thumb.png.0dac666679fbd8a539cb5182854925eb.png

Got this neomail from TNT today. 

Hello squirrely520,
Congratulations, you guessed it right! Here is your prize for correctly predicting Clammyhand as the Star Player of Round 2.

prize.png.89975853443a8a859dfe0156afb8ae56.png

No use for it, so I'm selling it.

edit- No idea what price to ask for.

image.png

Not bad this round.

Still going to keep Kikocat in my team for next round though. I have faith in her!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

Yeah, I went with the best team from last time as well.

And @Angeló, well there's two plushies that I am almost certainly never ever ever getting for my gallery!

It was going for 700K when it was released last week , a few people are trying to monopolize the market .. I'm sure the price will drop - a lot - 

They may even release them in the Prize Shop later :D 

Oh gosh yes, they did that with the prize shop before, didn't they. Can just imagine the swearing that created xDDD

Me 'n' @Angeló, team pick buddies! I'm glad Gutterfoot's not had her art redone just because the pink's gone from her hair now; because rockin' pink hair's as good a reason as any to be picked for star player, I do believe 😎 

19 hours ago, Angeló said:

It was going for 700K when it was released last week , a few people are trying to monopolize the market .. I'm sure the price will drop - a lot - 

They may even release them in the Prize Shop later :D 

That will make my day! 

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh gosh yes, they did that with the prize shop before, didn't they. Can just imagine the swearing that created xDDD

Me 'n' @Angeló, team pick buddies! I'm glad Gutterfoot's not had her art redone just because the pink's gone from her hair now; because rockin' pink hair's as good a reason as any to be picked for star player, I do believe 😎 

I certainly won't be swearing... or at least not in a bad way!

I find myself again wondering how the staff tournament actually works... if they genuinely are playing, it must be an entirely different game? I mean YYB, yeah, but one where each player is individually controllable? We certainly can't play solely as our goalkeeper and so on...

Maybe, ooh, maybe... the staff tourney idea sprang from gameplay testing? If they have a means to lock user control to one particular player, which they surely do... 

Imagine the fun original TNT must have had with this... live-action YYB in the office, with every player under someone's control. It would have been utter chaos and carnage. 🤣

People outside on the street would think the World Cup was going on in the Neopets' offices or something. x'D

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I find myself again wondering how the staff tournament actually works... if they genuinely are playing, it must be an entirely different game? I mean YYB, yeah, but one where each player is individually controllable? We certainly can't play solely as our goalkeeper and so on...

Maybe, ooh, maybe... the staff tourney idea sprang from gameplay testing? If they have a means to lock user control to one particular player, which they surely do... 

Imagine the fun original TNT must have had with this... live-action YYB in the office, with every player under someone's control. It would have been utter chaos and carnage. 🤣

People outside on the street would think the World Cup was going on in the Neopets' offices or something. x'D

I mean that would be vastly entertaining at least!
I strongly suspect they are playing the same game as us though. I find it highly suspicious that the first big 'fix' (ie the one that broke everything) came after their staff tournament started...

I wish they could 'lock' user control to one player though. I'd far prefer to run one single attacker than deal with player switching!

• 2 weeks later...

My final round was the best , despite Agog getting defeated by Miss Rainbow (but not by much)

All the others did exceptionally well image.png.044f52aa552b74bfe35b10b6907906d9.png

Omg I chose him ... but I changed my mind and went back to Gutterfoot 😞 😞 😞 😞

Star Player

aesop.png

Aesop

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

My final round was the best , despite Agog getting defeated by Miss Rainbow (but not by much)

All the others did exceptionally well image.png.044f52aa552b74bfe35b10b6907906d9.png

Omg I chose him ... but I changed my mind and went back to Gutterfoot 😞 😞 😞 😞

Star Player

aesop.png

Aesop

I think I did exactly the same, so it's not just you at all!

image.png

Fun Fact! Both Binary Supagoo as EhLo FrOyo have a score of 2760, so it doesn't even matter if you picked the other one!

image.png

My overall Total isn't too bad. Round 1 I could have done better and Kikocat kinda let us down this year.

(Also posting the screenshots with the idea to have it as a reference for next year, esp with the two new surprising high scores of Aesop and Miss Rainbow)