And the AC has started...

Secre

I'm glad I checked as when I looked at the rules last week, I thought it started NEXT week!!

"The practice round will last until June 1st and the team sign-ups will last until end of day June 6th. This session is then followed by a 26 day tournament schedule that runs from June 13th until July 2nd."

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/rules.phtml

Well, my first game of actual YYB is in... and @jellysundae, you were right; the timer isn't losing the 8 seconds per goal is it! It was when I did my practice run!!

And I still need to start in full screen even though it's not practice week any longer!

EDIT: I stand corrected - the time is now going as soon as I score rather than after the cut scene. Maybe it's been doing that the whole time and the game just feels like it drags!

49 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I can't even touch the Yooyu so I can score !!

:D

I can touch the thing. 

However I can't steal and the opponent can which is mega annoying and completely removes my opening play gambit from use. It also means that when the opponent gets the ball I have no chance of getting it back in honesty because I have to hit the steal button like six times by which point they have moved on!!!

The timer isn't losing eight seconds per goal so the games go on forever. The Gooooal cut scene often freezes for an extra second or so as well, which isn't mitigated by the removal of time from the clock. 

The Darigan ball is acting more like the mutant ball. Yes I get it in more often, but it's completely unpredictable!!

I'm at 20 games and already ready to tear my hair out!!!

EDIT: I stand corrected - the time is now going as soon as I score rather than after the cut scene. Maybe it's been doing that the whole time and the game just feels like it drags!

Best to go after the yooyu first, since the stealing doesn't work well. The 8 seconds still comes off the timer, but INSTANTLY when you score, which is different from the old version. You have to be watching the timer basically, if you want to see it. And the timer starts more quickly at the beginning of each round than it did in the old version. In the old version, scoring with only 2 or 3 seconds coming off the timer was fairly easy, especially starting a new game. But, in this one, the timer has counted down about 2-3 seconds before you can even make a move toward the yooyu.

As I just said in the Maraqua support thread, it's best to try and avoid the other team's players as much as possible, since it's hard to steal the yooyu back. I've done it a couple of times, but it's VERY unreliable. So, try to go around them instead of through them.

One thing I will say I LIKE, is when the opposing player is about to shoot, they DO show the power meter for them now! That gives you a little time to TRY an steal, or at least try to get in front of their shot.

Shift-key doesn't work for sending all your players back into formation, and I can't seem to control the goalie to save the net, unless he, by some feat of great luck, manages to stop a shot. THEN I can move him and fire the yooyu back out. Oh yeah, and I can't tackle the other teams goalie anymore. Maybe because the tackle/stealing function isn't hardly working? In the old version, if I mashed the spacebar, you know, if I got to close to the goalie and he stole the yooyu away, mashing the spacebar sometimes would steal the yooyu back and fire it into the net. Haven't been able to do that yet in this new version.