Go Maraqua!!!!

Aquamentis12

While I haven't signed up quite yet, as usual, I plan on supporting Maraqua! :D

So, who's joining up with Maraqua?! Any thoughts on the team members? We've seen a couple of newbies replace players from Mystery Island and Faerieland, are there Maraqua team members you'd like to see traded/replaced? Share your victories, foibles and close calls or weird happenings during your games!  What are your goals, (pardon the pun), for this year's AC? Most importantly.... Let's have fun!!

I was Darigan last year but have switched across to Maraqua this year! My AC trophies say I've happily swapped between Darigan, Maraqua and Lost Desert with one strange year where I apparently picked Roo Island!

So yep GO MARAQUA!

Well, I've maxed YYB for the day for Maraqua and all I can say is the game has gone from a tedium to a complete exercise in masochism!!

My 'steal' works about 1 in 5 or even 1 in 10 times. The opponents works every single time.

The player switching is just as annoying as it was last year, but is made worse by the lack of stealing as I now have to chase the darn ball and I CANNOT DO THAT WHEN YOU KEEP SWITCHING PLAYERS ON ME!!

The robot ball exploding no longer removes 8 seconds from the games timer.

The Goal cut scene often freezes for several seconds before allowing me to skip ahead.

Any player can now collect the power up things that pop up. Often just as I've scored making them completely bleeding useless. Why oh why can't it be active player only as before? And the new power up is a complete flop, slowing everyone down and making the game drag to unbelievable proportions.

My goalie seems to defy the laws of physics and balls go straight through him... and balls can get 'stuck' in the goal meaning you just have to let the timer run down.

And to add insult to injury, I'm averaging two Darigan balls a game, plus a Faerie. Now I know that's luck of the draw but COME ON! Like this isn't enough of an absolute nightmare as it is!!!

Oh and it wants me in full screen to start, so I'm constantly expanding and minimising the damn game. Some us have to keep at least half an eye on work emails at the same time!

Onwards and upwards. MSN time it is!

19 hours ago, Secre said:
Well, I've maxed YYB for the day for Maraqua and all I can say is the game has gone from a tedium to a complete exercise in masochism!!

My 'steal' works about 1 in 5 or even 1 in 10 times. The opponents works every single time.

The player switching is just as annoying as it was last year, but is made worse by the lack of stealing as I now have to chase the darn ball and I CANNOT DO THAT WHEN YOU KEEP SWITCHING PLAYERS ON ME!!

The robot ball exploding no longer removes 8 seconds from the games timer.

The Goal cut scene often freezes for several seconds before allowing me to skip ahead.

Any player can now collect the power up things that pop up. Often just as I've scored making them completely bleeding useless. Why oh why can't it be active player only as before? And the new power up is a complete flop, slowing everyone down and making the game drag to unbelievable proportions.

My goalie seems to defy the laws of physics and balls go straight through him... and balls can get 'stuck' in the goal meaning you just have to let the timer run down.

And to add insult to injury, I'm averaging two Darigan balls a game, plus a Faerie. Now I know that's luck of the draw but COME ON! Like this isn't enough of an absolute nightmare as it is!!!

Oh and it wants me in full screen to start, so I'm constantly expanding and minimising the damn game. Some us have to keep at least half an eye on work emails at the same time!

Onwards and upwards. MSN time it is!

Congrats on maxing out. I only managed about 16 games. But I was busy with other things, and TBH, I wasn't really looking forward to playing with how glitchy YYB is.

On your points of frustration....

Yes, the steal is pretty broken, I find I have to move more defensively, trying to avoid them altogether instead of going through them then sometimes, the other team's steal will miss when they attempt it.

The player switching IS still annoying. Definitely in part moreso because of the lack of a consistently working steal-function. but also, couples with another one of your points, the one about ANY player picking up the power-ups. For the most part, I've had better luck I guess with them doing that. In the OLD version of YYB, When you would shoot the yooyu the player-switch would also activate, to a player other than the one doing the shooting. If that newly switched to player touched a power-up before the goal screen game up, then it would activate and waste that power-up. I was a real careful saver of power-ups in the old version. And It'd ALWAYS irritate me when the next ball would be a faerie, darigan, mutant or Ice yooyu, and the power up had been something I was saving to help off-set the particular traits of those yooyus.

I haven't noticed the robot yooyu's explosion not removing time yet. It does seem that he explodes much more QUICKLY for the most part though. I've had trouble watching the clock due to the glitches of not being able to steal and such, makes me focus more on the players than the timer. The 8 second run-off after each goal happens super fast immediately after the goal is scored now. In the old version the run-off would only be visible on the timer after the goal and post-goal photo-shoot or reaction shot.

For the lag on the goal screens, it might be lag due to your computer or network I haven't had any noticeable problem with skipping the cutscenes.

LOL The ball going through the goalie, yeah. I've had that complaint for a long time. Maraqua's goalie stinks. Like rotten fish. lol That being said, the opponent's goalie has gotten much "smarter" imho. Though if you shoot close enough with a full-powered shot, there seems like it's a better chance to go in than for him to catch the yooyu.

Oh yes, I haven't kept count to average, but I'm getting a number of Darigan, Faerie and Mutant yooyus, way more than in the old version! it seems a LOT harder to figure out the Darigan's patterns. As to which way it might be likely to go the way I want it to. So maybe they randomized it even more? Normally I get a few shots off angling the darigan down and right (I play from right to left on-screen). But in most of my games where I've done that, it ended up going to the left, or downward left Instead. I never could truly figure the darigan's patterns out. I theorized though, that there were several patterns it could follow, and that each darigan's appearance followed a different one of these patterns.

The forced fullscreen is definitely annoying! After each game, I take a screenshot of the score, and have to shrink the game so I can paste the screenshot into my graphics program to save it.

I've got 2 more to add to your complaints. 1, The scores at the end are displayed on the wrong side. My score is over by Kreludor's flag, and their score is by Maraqua's. Still counts my scores correctly though. The other complaint, is definitely, the bounceback and ball getting stuck in/to the walls. Instead of ricocheting properly like it did in the old version.

It's hard this year, saving the scores. I decided I'll save ALL the game results this year, instead of just the ones with 10+ goals. I managed to send a few games scored at 10+. But I'm averaging closer to 6-8 goals per game thanks to the glitches. It's not really that different, since the vast majority of my game-scores in previous ACs were almost ALL 10+ goals. Still, it's disheartening saving a 5-1 game, knowing I fought pretty hard to get those 5 points.

The game still seems to take about 2 minutes to play, which given the increased pace, is something I was a little surprised to notice. So far, my BEST game was a 13-0 victory. But only one of those. 😕

Nearly maxed YYB for today as well. I've kinda figured out the steal thing... kinda. It steals when you RELEASE space instead of when you press it. So I now have a 1/4 chance of succeeding instead of a 1/10!!!

The player switching has always been annoying. Particularly when there are three players in similar distances and the game flicks between them all madly, meaning you can't move anyone at all! I'd far prefer to just be able to control one character and manually choose to switch to another player, rather than the games rather awful AI system trying to decide for me. GRAH!

And yep, I've always been a power up saver as well. Which is more difficult now! The player switching also makes it difficult as I cannot tactically choose to ignore the ball and go for the freeze power up as the game always switches to someone closer to the bleeding ball!

Darigan balls are definitely randomised. I've been getting them in by just shooting straight. About one time in five it works. Otherwise it can go diagonally, backwards or just in a random direction!

I've been keeping a log of enemy goals so I can post to the Maraqua board. I don't bother with individual game scores as I'll just take yesterdays total goals off the total today. 

My highest score is also 13. I think I've gotten that twice... maybe three times. I'm averaging 9-10 goals per game though which isn't bad!

Cool. I've been mashing the spacebar with little to no success, so lots of releasing as well as pressing. I wish TNT could fix it, but since the AC is now underway, I highly doubt that will happen before the AC is over. 😞

Oh yes! I hate that when everyone is crowded and the game kept/keeps switching with whichever one is a tiny bit closest to the yooyu.

True, plus it's harder to know when to use a power-up if you can get to one, because there is no longer any order for the yooyus. Like, normal, random, normal random, now it's a random yooyu every time. So it's a bit pointless to power-up save. I still try to, and I decide when the yooyu pops up if I can or need to try for a power-up, but still.... If you can score faster with a power-up, it seems more worth it to do that instead of saving. Especially since multiple power-ups can be on the field at once. In the old version, the first power-up to appear, would flicker and vanish before a 3rd power-up would appear.

Yeah, my theory was more pertaining to the previous version of YYB. I should try shooting straight... Force of habit to try ricochet shot my aiming down and right when I want it to go left. That hasn't been working well for me this year. ^^;

Ah ok. I don't quite get it, but what ever works for you. 😉

Cool! It certainly seems more difficult to get to 13 than in the previous version. No, not bad at all! I decided to look at my PPG average, and I'm surprised that it's at 9.625! I thought it would be quite a bit lower for sure! 154 goals in 16 games though. So I guess. lol

As much as I'd LIKE to compare my stats this year to my stats for most of the previous ACs I've participated in. I'm trying to view this year's AC like starting over from scratch, because YYB just IS so darn glitchy and unpolished this year! Still, when I look at previous years' stats, it still stings that I am currently unable to match those numbers with this new version. So yeah, starting over from the beginning I guess. lol

Good luck with your matches today! 🙂

Well, we don't seem to be doing too badly at all do we!? I'm well ahead of my personal goals as well!

image.png.02b8703dbc15a5fd530a200422c5543d.png

I did an all side game run yesterday, was up at 7am to fit in 20 games of YYB for rank points this morning and am YYBing as Roo Island aren't anywhere near as strong as the previous opponents!