Altador Cup Sign Ups Now Live!

hrtbrk

Joined Darigan Citadel as usual hence my current display name.

I've been trying to get the new Yooyuball game to run on both Opera and Pale Moon, but no luck since I'm stuck on the Play Now screen.

The new version of Make Some Noise runs better on Pale Moon than it does on Opera to my experience and can get the minimum required score for MSN on Pale Moon too.

The new version of SOSD also runs better on Pale Moon rather than Opera where it ran really slow, however the Jelly Chia goalie has slightly better A.I. this time around. Don't forget to fully charge your shots and pull off some diagonal shots if the Chia goalie is being a bother in this Flash-free version of the game.

The new Slushie Slinger works fine on both Opera and Pale Moon, however the customers like to crowd up more in later levels and the Submit Points button is currently bugged at the time of this post and won't send. Press Ctrl + F5 while at the Slushie Slinger page to clear the browser cache for that page and you'll be able to send score for SS.

I among others hope TNT is able to address these problems before the AC actually begins. Flash-free Yooyuball not working properly for many Neopians is a red flag knowing that it's the main event.

EDIT: I've been able to get Yooyuball to run, but it's random on whether the Play Now button actually works. Game plays at a really slow framerate on Opera but plays at a more proper framerate on Pale Moon. I haven't been able to get to the send score screen in Flash-free YYB on Pale Moon but able to on Opera.

EDIT 2: Don't forget to zoom out with your browser to around 62% or 50% after YYB fully loads in order to click on the Play Now button and get into the action. While on Pale Moon, don't press any keys on the keyboard while playing YYB otherwise the game will freeze. Mouse only if you're playing on PC.

15 minutes ago, TryVegan4TheAnimals said:

This'll be my first time participating in an Altador Cup! Any recommendations for which team I should join? 😊

Team Shenkuu is Vegan Friendly as most of the Exotic Foods items will tell you 🙂

6 hours ago, Neopets9738368 said:

Any tips on how to get this to work on an iPad? I can’t even get a team selection to pop up. The page freezes whenever I click on a team to choose from the map. 

From what I've seen on the boards you can only sign up using an actual computer, it's not working on any mobile device. 😕

Joined Maraqua this year. Darigan last year but I've swapped between Darigan, Lost Desert and Maraqua over the years and went with the smaller team this time. I have no loyalty do I??

@jellysundae I almost picked Shenkuu so your unwavering support has clearly had an impact on me!!

38 minutes ago, Secre said:

I almost picked Shenkuu so your unwavering support has clearly had an impact on me!!

Clearly not enough though! :laugh:

I do wish we got to know how many signed up for each team. It would be fascinating to know just how uneven the balance is!

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Clearly not enough though! :laugh:

I do wish we got to know how many signed up for each team. It would be fascinating to know just how uneven the balance is!

But close! It just didn't quite sit well with me to completely swap teams. I already have loyalty issues, but at least those loyalty issues are confined to three teams... and that one year where I apparently picked Roo Island. I'm disowning that year.

It would be awesome to see how many people signed up for each team. It would be really interesting to have it confirmed if FL and Moltara's weak performances are linked to the lack of players!!

I joined Team Terror Mountain (as I do each year ), but I have to admit that if the issues with the games persist, there's a good chance I won't be playing much this year. I often find it hard enough to stay motivated to play a lot during the AC anyway, and that's when the games are running (as) smoothly (as possible)...

(So my apologies in advance to any fellow TM'ers here. XD)

@Neopets9738368 In case you're still looking for a way to sign up, JellyNeo has a list with direct links for those who are having trouble signing up on mobile.

I have joined various teams over the years, I joined Meridell this year... I don`t really play in the Altador Cup, I just play the games for the sake of the participation medal.