Team Shenkuu Support Thread (AC XVI - 2021)

Angeló

Hahaha, well that's pretty positive, Angelo! I do like the idea of us only being able to do better than last year, as we did so well last year!

Wouldn't it be awesome to gain a higher position this year! :D

Though here we go with stuff not being ready and sign ups being pushed back, so who knows when things will actually start...

AND, ofc, this means none of the pre-event testing that we were promised -though honestly. who genuinely thought that would actually happen?? That would entail a level of organisation and efficiency that TNT hasn't so far shown itself to be capable of. So my fears of the games being close to unplayable notches up a little. :axehead:

I AM enjoying the pre-cup buzz though. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, Angeló said:
It's All Uphill From Here!
This is our motto for this year 
GO SHENKUU

Starting positive I see! Good luck!!

On 5/22/2021 at 10:03 AM, jellysundae said:

Hahaha, well that's pretty positive, Angelo! I do like the idea of us only being able to do better than last year, as we did so well last year!

Wouldn't it be awesome to gain a higher position this year! :D

Though here we go with stuff not being ready and sign ups being pushed back, so who knows when things will actually start...

AND, ofc, this means none of the pre-event testing that we were promised -though honestly. who genuinely thought that would actually happen?? That would entail a level of organisation and efficiency that TNT hasn't so far shown itself to be capable of. So my fears of the games being close to unplayable notches up a little. :axehead:

I AM enjoying the pre-cup buzz though. :D

Hahahahahahaha. Imagine TNT being organised enough to do pre-cup testing. It's like a strange alternative universe.

4 minutes ago, Secre said:

Hahahahahahaha. Imagine TNT being organised enough to do pre-cup testing. It's like a strange alternative universe.

Ain't that the truth! Judging by the boards our worst fears are realised, quelle surprise... :rolleyes:

I'm avoiding even trying anything yet, but it seems I'm gonna need to use a different browser. But people who only have mobile devices can't sign up at all?... 🤦‍♀️

*Awards AC XVI with BIGGEST DUMPSTER FIRE EVER trophy now to save time* :upsidedown:

Just now, jellysundae said:

Ain't that the truth! Judging by the boards our worst fears are realised, quelle surprise... :rolleyes:

I'm avoiding even trying anything yet, but it seems I'm gonna need to use a different browser. But people who only have mobile devices can't sign up at all?... 🤦‍♀️

*Awards AC XVI with BIGGEST DUMPSTER FIRE EVER trophy now to save time* :upsidedown:

I've signed up ok. But I can't get the YYB game to actually play. It forces me to full screen which is annoying but dealable. But then it says 'Play Now' and ummm... I can't click on it or start the game at all... which is less than helpful!!

I'll have to go check out the boards now...

Hah! Yep. Majorly annoyed people! Well, I can play SOSD and MSN with no issues. Haven't tried SS yet. This may be my first AC where I try to reach All Star without playing YYB!!!

I investigated. *gulps*

Same issues with YYB, but then I'm using firefox, and had already seen my friend Mario saying it didn't play using that browser. I'll try it in Chrome in a bit.

Tried SOSD, that's playable, just as long as I don't judge it from prior knowledge. x'D It's pretty hysterical shooting without charging the ball first (i.e. how I'd always played previously!) BALL IS SO SLOOWWWW. *gigglesnorts* No top time or accuracy bonuses to be had this year though, that's for sure! :upsidedown:

xDDDD

I don't play SS or MSN so not even investigating those two, but OHEMGEE

If this event really is as bad as it seems like it's gonna be, I fear the "I QUIT, AND FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE A DRAMATIC BOARD ABOUT IT!!!11!!" people, and many others, really will be quitting this time around.

Especially after the video TNT just released talking about an NC Mall upgrade next, with UCs and more pet slots becoming available for NC purchase; that combined with a slapdash AC sends ALL the best messages, doesn't it! :lmaosmiley:

16 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I investigated. *gulps*

Same issues with YYB, but then I'm using firefox, and had already seen my friend Mario saying it didn't play using that browser. I'll try it in Chrome in a bit.

Tried SOSD, that's playable, just as long as I don't judge it from prior knowledge. x'D It's pretty hysterical shooting without charging the ball first (i.e. how I'd always played previously!) BALL IS SO SLOOWWWW. *gigglesnorts* No top time or accuracy bonuses to be had this year though, that's for sure! :upsidedown:

xDDDD

I don't play SS or MSN so not even investigating those two, but OHEMGEE

If this event really is as bad as it seems like it's gonna be, I fear the "I QUIT, AND FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE A DRAMATIC BOARD ABOUT IT!!!11!!" people, and many others, really will be quitting this time around.

Especially after the video TNT just released talking about an NC Mall upgrade next, with UCs and more pet slots becoming available for NC purchase; that combined with a slapdash AC sends ALL the best messages, doesn't it! :lmaosmiley:

Well, I got YYB to work by zooming out and then I could click play. Like why is that even an issue? What is wrong with TNT!?

I thought last years CC was bad enough but honest to God this is just going to be a flaming shower of poop, isn't it!?

I've just realised this years timings really don't work for me either - although thats a me problem, not a TNT problem. I have a week off work the day the AC starts and I'll have limited computer access at best. And then I have a huge data cleaning dealine the following week that really can't be ignored!! I may end up playing on my phone... which fills me with all sorts of dread!!

It's clear that the NC Mall is the focus for TNT. So many new items have been released and we haven't even got the NC Luxury Lounge yet or whatever it will be called this time. 

The pet slots being an NC item really grinds my gears though. I mean, just give us another slot for pity's sake. Don't make us literally pay for the priviledge. I can see why UC's are going to be an NC item, but it is moving the game so much further into the 'pay to win' category which is sad.

Maybe there will still be free pet slots that happen. I hope so anyway.

It's an easy thing to give people, isn't it. Once the means is there. A thing they can pull out of the bag where necessary, like a Christmas bonus kind of thing.

It does make sense to have them available for cash; for the people who want more and MORE and MOAR!!! and are willing to pay. I wonder how many there will be?? We'll find out! But I do like to think free ones will still exist. *polishes rose-tinted glasses*

I understand the Mall thing, I mean they need the funds from it to pay for all the stuff that needs doing. I mean, to show NetDragon they're making enough money to justify whatever piffling budget they're allocated... I'd not want to be in Scrappy's position, that's for sure! Not least because I'd not be doing all that fake chirpiness on videos, I'd probably not be allowed to make any more after the first one went out. :whistle:  :laugh:

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Maybe there will still be free pet slots that happen. I hope so anyway.

It's an easy thing to give people, isn't it. Once the means is there. A thing they can pull out of the bag where necessary, like a Christmas bonus kind of thing.

It does make sense to have them available for cash; for the people who want more and MORE and MOAR!!! and are willing to pay. I wonder how many there will be?? We'll find out! But I do like to think free ones will still exist. *polishes rose-tinted glasses*

I understand the Mall thing, I mean they need the funds from it to pay for all the stuff that needs doing. I mean, to show NetDragon they're making enough money to justify whatever piffling budget they're allocated... I'd not want to be in Scrappy's position, that's for sure! Not least because I'd not be doing all that fake chirpiness on videos, I'd probably not be allowed to make any more after the first one went out. :whistle:  :laugh:

Ever the optimist. I think they are just trying to claw back NC sales any way they can do in honesty.

I mentioned in another thread, they really shot themselves in the foot by nixing the Brazilian NC card values from 2000NC to 750NC. A lot of people - myself included - bought a small ton of them just before the values were dropped and so haven't had to purchase any further NC all year. Others simply can't afford the value rate and have just stopped buying NC. And still more are just so furious about the whole thing that they are refusing to buy NC on principal. I can't blame them in honesty.

The on site rate of NC value is far too high - particularly for 'luck' items like the retired caps or caps with a bonus item. You have to buy tons of them to get a chance of the item you want - which at 200NC/250NC a pop could easily equal £45 dollars just on a single capsule. It's not worth it. I've been tempted a couple of times since and got stung by the low bonus rates - I think I bought 25 odd Heartbreaker grams and got a single Dark Castle Background. But thats some 4000NC just wasted. So I'm now going to do the event things, ignore the caps completely and save to hopefully get a UC/extra pet slot.

And hah, yes. If I was doing the videos, I'd likely be fired after the first one!

On 6/2/2021 at 2:32 PM, jellysundae said:

So it's not just my computer (or iPhone 6)  ... although it's a BIT better on the phone ... and I can't charge the ball either 

SLS is playing ok but buggy

MSN is dead to me

I'm still freaking out though

@Secre did you join Shenkuu ? ❤️ :D 

9 hours ago, Secre said:

particularly for 'luck' items like the retired caps or caps with a bonus item.

Stuff like that is a problem. I think it would be wise to tweak the drop rate of the bonus items, but I'd have thought they have done that already if they were going to.

I feel some of the caps just have WAY too much in them, so the statistical probability of getting the item you actually want is close to zero anyway. .__.

I can hardly motivate myself to mess with AC stuff today. A brief moment with SOSD as Mario said you can aim the ball with the mouse - set the angle up while you're charging - so I tried that out; and yes, you can, and I need to practice, but but dun wanna today. >8[

Yet to try yyb as it'll mean using Chrome and having to switch browsers is enough to have my brain gettin' all >8[ again!

@Angeló I did not I'm afraid! I went Maraqua this year, so still sticking to one of my usual three (Maraqua, Darigan and Lost Desert). I had a brief flirt with backing the underdog Moltara, but losing all the games no matter how hard I played would just be depressing. But Shenkuu was definitely a close call!!

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Stuff like that is a problem. I think it would be wise to tweak the drop rate of the bonus items, but I'd have thought they have done that already if they were going to.

I feel some of the caps just have WAY too much in them, so the statistical probability of getting the item you actually want is close to zero anyway. .__.

Yep, hence why I've given up on caps...

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I can hardly motivate myself to mess with AC stuff today. A brief moment with SOSD as Mario said you can aim the ball with the mouse - set the angle up while you're charging - so I tried that out; and yes, you can, and I need to practice, but but dun wanna today. >8[

Yet to try yyb as it'll mean using Chrome and having to switch browsers is enough to have my brain gettin' all >8[ again!

Well, I tried SOSD and MSN on mobile yesterday evening. It... did not go well. SOSD is playable, but not brilliant. I can't figure out how to make the ball move so I'm always shooting from the centre. MSN is just impossible. Tapping as fast as I could, I struggled to get a score about 800... in the entire time limit. I can usually break 2700 quite easily. It's not well done AT ALL!!!

On 6/4/2021 at 8:45 PM, jellysundae said:

I've finally tried Chrome, can't get the play button to work for YYB. 😞

Try zooming out? That worked for me at least!

I’ve now played Slushie Slinger on mobile and it’s playable - just - but even more hellish than normal. The image is really poorly defined so I can’t make out my score!! The controls are clunky and you can’t turn without hurling a slushie if you have one in your hand, so if you need to collect with a slushie in your hand you hurl it regardless of whether there are any customers! So many lives lost!

image.jpeg.3c2d7cb95c093f672f63a615d0ce5a6b.jpeg

i am dreading this year, particularly the first week where I am on leave and so virtually entirely reliant on the mobile games!!!

And just tried YYB. There is no way to zoom on mobile and I can’t get the game to start!!!

Things are better for me today. :D

Yesterday I played with the zoom and at up to 75% zoom the YYB play button was responsive; but the lag during the game was so monumentally appalling that it was unplayable.

Today though... dun dun DUNNNNN

Things are a gazillion times better! Had to go down to 67% zoom to get some life out of the button, but gameplay is "normal". No lag.

Did appallingly badly, but then it took me a while to get into my stride last year too.

The game clock isn't working properly. Seems to be cutting game time down by an abitrary amount; been between 4 and 0 seconds for me! Opportunity for a LOT more goals then. @Aquamentis12gonna aim for 25?? 😉

I'm assuming that'll be fixed, but who knows? I wonder if the coders are working today, they clearly were yesterday.

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The game clock isn't working properly. Seems to be cutting game time down by an abitrary amount; been between 4 and 0 seconds for me! Opportunity for a LOT more goals then. @Aquamentis12gonna aim for 25?? 😉

I'm assuming that'll be fixed, but who knows? I wonder if the coders are working today, they clearly were yesterday.

lol If that were possible! TBH With the glitches and getting used to the new physics, my best score has only been 9. Though I haven't been able to play much the last couple of practice days to get more familiarized with it. lol

The clock seems to be fixed but it's taking time off right after each score rather than the cut scenes.

I've managed a top score of 12 in maxing the game today.

I won't copy and paste my entire monologue on the flaws in the game, but if you head over to the Maraqua thread you'll find it!

I'm losing my mind and I'm having serious anxiety attacks 

I'm about to cry I swear and today is my gf's birthday she's been calling me and i'm ignoring her trying to get this ^%%^*% %*$ to work !!!!!!!!!!

I'm seriously about to cry

I don't want to quit the site over this %^*%$#$ $*$$##$

Congrats on a very sweet win - I love Sweeps 

I managed to play some SLS but I don't think I'll rank up any time soon

I already have problems with my work schedule etc and can't play as much as last year

On 6/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, Angeló said:

I'm losing my mind and I'm having serious anxiety attacks 

I'm about to cry I swear and today is my gf's birthday she's been calling me and i'm ignoring her trying to get this ^%%^*% %*$ to work !!!!!!!!!!

I'm seriously about to cry

I don't want to quit the site over this %^*%$#$ $*$$##$

Have you had any luck at all? I still can't get YYB to load on my phone and I can't play the simplified version of MSN - my top score is 1000!!! Everything seems to be working (ish) on computer though. I hear there are issues with Mac's - could that be the problem?

4 hours ago, Secre said:

Have you had any luck at all?

I played 16 games of SLS and 6 games of SOSD yesterday

Today I haven't played at all (maybe I'll play in the early morning)

Off to bed now , very tired 😞

And yes a lot of Mac users on the neoboards are complaining 

11 hours ago, Angeló said:

I played 16 games of SLS and 6 games of SOSD yesterday

Today I haven't played at all (maybe I'll play in the early morning)

Off to bed now , very tired 😞

And yes a lot of Mac users on the neoboards are complaining 

Ouch! Not the Altador Cup you had planned at all then!