Question about SSW and Frozen Account Shops

jennoying_sparkle

So, I've been thinking about getting premium for a couple of weeks. I'll probably wait until the premium sale happens, but I was wondering, when using the Super Shop Wizard, does it show frozen account shops too? I've been getting this problem a lot where the cheapest item I'm looking for using the regular shop wizard always turns out to be one from a frozen shop, which has been really annoying. Why do the shops of frozen accounts still show up? Would getting premium solve this problem? Or would these frozen shops still show up? Thanks!

18 hours ago, gwendolyndolyn said:

The frozen shops still show up. I would say that the overall benefit of the SSW outweighs that annoyance, though! Premium is still worth it to me.

Aww, that sucks. I guess it's better to use regular shop wizard if I'm trying for the kad avatar then. Or maybe just always select the shop a couple usernames down after getting premium. Thanks for letting me know!

4 hours ago, jennoying_sparkle said:

Aww, that sucks. I guess it's better to use regular shop wizard if I'm trying for the kad avatar then. Or maybe just always select the shop a couple usernames down after getting premium. Thanks for letting me know!

I feel there's not that many frozen shops, I'd not throw away the bargains by always skipping the cheapest ones on the assumption that they'll be frozen. When the Money-Tree-full-of-6NP-donations was at its peak I bit the bullet and started buying the items I'd usually be nabbing from the MT (r80+ stuff for Charity Corner). Got VERY into buying for a few days there, always aiming for the cheapest. Really, ultimate goal being stuff very under priced: r90s at 25NP? I'll be snatching your hand of, ta very much! :D

But in that time of intensive shop stalking, I didn't actually see one frozen account. 😮  I definitely expected them to always be frozen when the prices were super cheap, and I know I was lucky to not run into any, but I like to hope things aren't as bad as you might think.

@Secre will be able to give you a better opinion, as she's been doing the same, but for far longer!

5 hours ago, jennoying_sparkle said:

Frozen shops show up on the regular SW too. I haven't actually had any issues kad feeding with the SSW though.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I feel there's not that many frozen shops, I'd not throw away the bargains by always skipping the cheapest ones on the assumption that they'll be frozen. When the Money-Tree-full-of-6NP-donations was at its peak I bit the bullet and started buying the items I'd usually be nabbing from the MT (r80+ stuff for Charity Corner). Got VERY into buying for a few days there, always aiming for the cheapest. Really, ultimate goal being stuff very under priced: r90s at 25NP? I'll be snatching your hand of, ta very much! :D

But in that time of intensive shop stalking, I didn't actually see one frozen account. 😮  I definitely expected them to always be frozen when the prices were super cheap, and I know I was lucky to not run into any, but I like to hope things aren't as bad as you might think.

@Secre will be able to give you a better opinion, as she's been doing the same, but for far longer!

yeah, I haven't had any issues. Perhaps because Kad items tend to move quickly... I don't know!

Strange though, you're right - I haven't had any issues when CC stocking either!

4 hours ago, Secre said:

Frozen shops show up on the regular SW too. I haven't actually had any issues kad feeding with the SSW though.

yeah, I haven't had any issues. Perhaps because Kad items tend to move quickly... I don't know!

Strange though, you're right - I haven't had any issues when CC stocking either!

Really? Hmm, maybe it's just my luck then. And yeah, I only have regular shop wizard right now, and I tend to get frozen shops showing up quite often with the cheapest items (not as often with kads, but for some junk that used to cost 1-2 np and now costs 1000np and up). Maybe it's just a coincidence for the shop sections that the shop wizard chooses for me. Thanks for your reassurance about SSW though! Probably best I wait a bit until I get premium before trying kadding again!