Five Dubloon Coins Are So Expensive!

Secre

And the pirate petpet shop really isn't stocking a lot of low priced pets. I've bought a handful of ten and twenty dubloon coins for a fraction of the cost of a five dubloon coins, but splitting them is becoming a nuisance. I managed to snag a Snarhook a second ago to break one of them... but this is aggravatingly slow!

37 minutes ago, oink888 said:

It’s probably because The Golden Dubloon is broken, used to be able to break down ten dubloon into 5-2-2coins with a 1 dubloon purchase. Now the 100 available slots is forever full, and flash is dead as well.

Yeah I did try the Golden Dubloon but I can never get in. So I'm haunting the petpet shop instead. Particularly for Deaver, Snarhook's and Cofflings which are all under 5 dubloons. Nawhool (sp?) are also good. Some of them are worth 4 CC points, so a double win... if they restock!

36 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

The glitch at the Golden Dubloon is really annoying; not sure why they can't fix it. I used to go there and break dubloons down; slow but nice little profit.

Hopefully it will be fixed when they move it to the new interface. They've made it so Kitchen Quests only give stat increases to your active pet on the update, so I'm hopeful!

yeah i have never been so glad for my pet to hit level 40.

i'm not sure if the golden dubloon is actually glitched, or if it's working as intended. either way, it could do with some changes, either by scrapping the limit altogether or implementing a queuing system.

or just, like, allowing the dubloonomatic to downgrade as well as upgrade.

11 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

I never knew that you could break dubloons down! The price of them is ridiculous, I recall reading somewhere that it's due to a few people hoarding and stocking them. Kind of sad. 

Yeah, you need to buy something cheaper from Golden Dubloon (broken!) or petpet shop (very infrequent restocks of low value petpets and I suspect there is a high demand). But yes, it looks as though there are multiple people buying up any of the usable dubloons and selling them on mass.

6 hours ago, berriganify said:

yeah i have never been so glad for my pet to hit level 40.

i'm not sure if the golden dubloon is actually glitched, or if it's working as intended. either way, it could do with some changes, either by scrapping the limit altogether or implementing a queuing system.

or just, like, allowing the dubloonomatic to downgrade as well as upgrade.

I've been debating whether to just start codestone training early for Shenistre. But two codestones may be as low as 3000np or as high as 32,000np depending on which ones you get. So it could turn out to be a false economy rather quickly.

I love the idea of the dubloonomatic to be able to downgrade and upgrade!!

I have a lot of high level Dubloons - 10+ value but my training is only at 5 Dubloons.  I wish the trainer would make change.  I had just learned about the Golden Dubloon but if it is broken, that sucky.  (I have a way to access with Pale Moon and Flash but I'm assuming that this is a deeper break than that.)

When it comes to five dubloon coins, I prefer to take a lot of two- and one- dubloon coins to the Dubloon-O-Matic. It tends to be cheaper and easier than buying five dubloon coins outright.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, dubrunes said:

Does anyone know why they've fallen in price all of a sudden? two dubloon coins are now 1200-1500 and the larger ones have gone up in price

Two Dubloon coins have hovered around 1200-1500 since July of 2019. dubloons are an item that's traded a pretty high volume, so price fluctuations are pretty common as people try to flip them for a higher price. if you give it a few weeks, the prices should return to normal.

1 hour ago, dubrunes said:

Does anyone know why they've fallen in price all of a sudden? two dubloon coins are now 1200-1500 and the larger ones have gone up in price

I believe the Golden Dubloon is now working from chats on Facebook. I don't have Pale Moon so can't actually test that though as the page is Flash based.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I was in the exact same predicament, buying higher value dubloon coins and having to buy petpets to split. The dubloon-o-matic should really go both ways.

You can access the Golden Dubloon with the old link. It can be a bit glitchy/slow but totally surpasses the flash dead end, and buy a 1 dubloon item and get change. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links here, if you'd like the old link pm me on neopets _m0nster or if this thread is still active if someone could let me know if we're allowed to post links. Apologies for my ignorance I don't usually post on the forums, just lurk 🙂

OR google "Is there a way to split dubloons without flash reddit" into google and the first result has the link in the comments. Best of luck