Book Journalling

Secre

So I got an awesome Book Journal for my birthday a while back and I just started using it. 

I'm no artist at all, but I thought I'd like a picture accompaniment to each book as I already review on Goodreads and didn't just want to be duplicating. I'd also only including the best of the best books as otherwise I'm run out of spaces quickly. 

I just wanted to show off some of my efforts.

No description available.

15 hours ago, jaydeed said:

That looks wonderful! I'm a book a day reader so I wouldn't have time to do this (and it would not look anywhere near this good if I did) but I'm so impressed by your creativity.

I'm often a book a day/every other day depending on length and heft, which is why I decided to only include the highest of the high recommendations in it. So rather than being a full journal of books read, it's more like a book of recommendations. Out of 160 odd books last year, I suspect 10-15 will make it in. I'm not going back much further than that and am only including books from 2018-2019 that made such an impression I remember them clearly two to three years later!!

I also collect quotes from books in another set of notebooks... so it does take up an extra amount of time, but I think the fruits of the efforts are worth it! It's actually quite helpful that I'm so far behind on quote taking - it means I get a refresher of books in 2019-2020 before Book Journalling them!

As I said, I'm no artist by a long stretch, so my pictures are more like simplistic representations either of the whole book or of a specific scene. So this one for instance was just a single scene where she's getting married after getting pregnant out of wedlock but her husband to be has been conscripted, so instead of being present, they just had a hat on a simple stool to represent his presence. I'm not sure why that image had such an impression, but it did!

And in complete contrast you have Dune... and a very 'abstract art' (read, could be drawn by a child!) of the world and the sand worms!