Vote for Obelisk War! Round 210!

lianakos

Which faction are you joining for the 210th round?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 210th round?

• Thieves Guild
    • Awakened
    • Seekers

I'm holding my vote for now. But according to Oxbridge, the Seekers are due for a win. They give the Seekers a 61% chance of winning this round, as it's been 14 round since they last won a skirmish. So I am leaning that way, but I don't usually decide until the last minute. lol

I might as well go for Seekers now rather than later. I've got in the habit of waiting until Mario on the Shenkuu board tells us what the Obelisk Guild are going for, but they've got it wrong a lot lately. :axehead:

It might be because it's getting told that they get it wrong. I've heard that there are groups trying to find out and then pick another team and fight a lot to thwart them. I've picked seekers as well because it has been awhile so I imagine there might still be people that are missing the avatar for Seekers.

4 minutes ago, Duma said:

It might be because it's getting told that they get it wrong. I've heard that there are groups trying to find out and then pick another team and fight a lot to thwart them.

It's like political shenanigans, isn't it! It's usually late on a Wednesday that Mario gets his info (he's not in the guild, but he knows someone who is), I guess they hold off on letting people know to try and avoid dirty tricks from others.

These battles have more significance again now, don't they, now that there are no active CC perks making the bank and stocks boons worthless for a lot of people, that's having an impact, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

It's like political shenanigans, isn't it! It's usually late on a Wednesday that Mario gets his info (he's not in the guild, but he knows someone who is), I guess they hold off on letting people know to try and avoid dirty tricks from others.

These battles have more significance again now, don't they, now that there are no active CC perks making the bank and stocks boons worthless for a lot of people, that's having an impact, I'm sure.

It could even be that the guild that Mario has the contact in, might not know until even closer to the sign-up deadline than he finds out. What was that saying.... 'To deceive your enemies it is sometimes necessary to deceive your friends/allies.' I THINK that's from Sun Tsu's, "The Art of War". I've never actually read it, but I've seen quotes from it in other games I've played where war and diplomatic strategies were heavily involved. 😉

I've signed up with The Seekers now too. I prefer the boon selection they have, tbh. I too am getting tired of the factions I join not winning.

I don't know if I agree with you entirely on the significance of the boons now. If that alone were the case, then would not the Seekers, Sway, and Awakened, probably be the only 3 that would be most likely to win each time? But the Brutes have won several times very recently, The Order and Thieves too, even though they were up against the Seekers, Sway and/or Awakened. This feels more, coordinated than that.

I mean, the Seekers haven't won for 14 rounds now according to Oxbridge's petpage. For a faction with a decent boon selection that seems like an unusually long dry spell.

The guild, or guilds that might be coordinating this could be really big, especially if it's more than one. That way, they could theoretically game the system and if anyone else happens to be fighting for the same faction as they are, they would win out of luck, not so much out of their own contributions.

Again theoretically speaking, they may even rotate victories if the leaders are more part of a council across guilds. So one round, perhaps x-number of guilds choose one faction, while a guild leader among the other guild leader collective tells his/her guild the wrong faction, so that the wrong info gets out, and the leader can just chalk it up to dumb luck that the faction the other guilds under the council win easily.

NOTE: This is ALL SPECULATION. But if you think about how much some people like to play other people or skirt the rules in online games. Really, just about anything SEEMS possible.

I go by Oxbridge and the vote trend here before I usually make my call on a faction. There might be some threads on the Neopets forums about factions, but I can't imagine anyone from these Obelisk-busting guild(s) would be on there telling people who to go with, unless deception was part of the game. But by keeping things secret, they ensure their guild members will get whatever boon set is up that round. Or perhaps they will choose a faction to help members get the faction avatars and site-themes like we've done here for other TDNers?

Just too many unknown variables and facts here so far.

8 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

It could even be that the guild that Mario has the contact in, might not know until even closer to the sign-up deadline than he finds out. What was that saying.... 'To deceive your enemies it is sometimes necessary to deceive your friends/allies.'

Such skullduggery, everything you've mentioned! But yes, you're right, it's very likely all of those things! Keeps people on their toes though, doesn't it. x'D

4 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Well, right now all we can do is vote and fight fight fight! XD

Hold your horses, not just yet. We have to wait a few more hours 😉

And I too believe the quote you used is from The Art of War from Sun Tsu. I've listened to the audio book while driving to work but it's been over a year ago and I can't recall exactly anymore but it sounds as if it came from it anyway! 🤭

Let's just hope the Seekers win this time around!

Thanks Duma! I was pretty sure it was from The Art of War, so I'm glad you can (kind of) confirm it! I didn't know it was an audio book too. LOL But yeah, let's fight hard and win this time! :D

Depending on the poll here, I tend to spread my attacks out based upon the 2nd and 3rd placer factions according to the poll, or if there is minimal or the same votes for both the other factions that I didn't join, then I'll go by who I would think would be the greatest faction "threat" and target the boss of that faction for attack. If it's like a tie in the polls or close, then I split my attacks. Usually 1 battle for every 2 battles against the primary faction I'm targeting. So, for this skirmish for example...  If I battled The Awakened 20 times, then I'd do 10 against the Thieves, and keep going with that ratio. Just to hedge my bets a bit in case there are more thieves this time than Awakened. I think the Awakened would be the Seekers' top competition because of the chance of randomized boons, vs the Thieves who have some decent boons, but not quite as good, imho as The Seekers or the random chance of boons that the Awakened has.

Wow! This topic is getting deep! I guess I have to bring out this:

https://items.jellyneo.net/assets/imgs/items/25790.gif

Still, TNT has never stated how they determine the points/factoring/etc/? for deciding who wins the Skirmishes, so I believe it could be anyone's game. Even if a guild/guilds tries to use "dirty tricks", it could backfire on them, especially if there are more people on the opposing team(s), and/or they (opposing teams) fight more battles.