The Runway Votes #121

Nielo

Choose your favourite entries  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite entries

This poll is closed to new votes

While I didnt actually receive any additional entries since last week (I'm guessing this theme was a bit abstract), I decided to let the round go ahead anyway. I did end up creating an entry myself*, so we'd at least have 4 entries to choose from.

Important note: Voting for yourself is NOT allowed. Doing so will result in disqualification. Please double check your votes before submitting them, to avoid mistakes, because they can't be changed afterwards.

Current theme: Psych!
Description: Show a Neopet celebrating April Fools' Day, or just generally enjoying practical jokes.
Entering period: Monday, March 29 - Sunday, April 4 11
Voting period: Monday, April 5 12 - Sunday, April 11 18

Be sure to check out the links to the animated entries, although with Flash gone (and pre-HTML5 conversion) you'll only be able to see the still image. (Still worth checking out, as it'll be bigger than the one in the thread, so you'll be able to see more details on it.)

*If anyone has any objections to me entering this round, please let me know! (I haven't entered since I started hosting this thing, and entering now definitely feels... weird.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting is now officially closed! And the winners are...

1st Place

firstplace.png

Nielo
Surprise!

runway121-firstplace.jpg

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2319969
"Didn't see me coming, did you?"

2nd Place

secondplace.png

coolmusic_girl
Sneak Pie Attack

runway121-secondplace.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2313456
"Bells1425 was not expecting a pie to the face, but couldn't help but laugh with her siblings at her getting pranked by Lois_Prima. She'd just have to get her back, after all, a prank war had just been declared."

3rd Place                                                     3rd Place

thirdplace.png                                                                   thirdplace.png

MoraganPi                                                      aleu1986
Udder Chaos                                                       Angry Janitor's April Fools

runway121-thirdplace1.png            runway121-thirdplace2.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2045843      Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2316155
"UdderChaos is a court jester in a  prominent family                                 "Someone has played an April Fools prank on the janitor!"           
 of Brightvale Royal Kaus."                                                                                                

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

coolmusic_girl

Sneak Pie Attack

coolmusicgirl-121.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2313456
"Bells1425 was not expecting a pie to the face, but couldn't help but laugh with her siblings at her getting pranked by Lois_Prima. She'd just have to get her back, after all, a prank war had just been declared."

MoraganPi

Udder Chaos

moraganpi-121.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2045843
"UdderChaos is a court jester in a prominent family of Brightvale Royal Kaus."

aleu1986

Angry Janitor`s April Fools

aleu-121.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2316155
"Someone has played an April Fools prank on the janitor!"

Nielo

Surprise!

me-121.jpg

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2319969
"Didn't see me coming, did you?"

4 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I completely and utterly forgot about the new Runway entry :(

I did want to make an entry but I was overwhelmed with work (I took extra shifts at the hospital this month)

Completely understandable; especially considering your job!

(Btw, love your new(?) profile pic! :D )

I'm so hoping that my brain will one day let me do Runway stuff again. 🥺  I hate that it dropped it down one of my mental potholes. 😭 But the fact that I've got in here and said this has gotta be a step in the right direction, right?!

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm so hoping that my brain will one day let me do Runway stuff again. 🥺  I hate that it dropped it down one of my mental potholes. 😭 But the fact that I've got in here and said this has gotta be a step in the right direction, right?!

Definitely good to see you pop in here. ^_^
But don't rush yourself; it's completely understandable that The Runway is not on your brain's list of priorities at the moment (or at all :wink: ).

19 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Definitely good to see you pop in here. ^_^
But don't rush yourself; it's completely understandable that The Runway is not on your brain's list of priorities at the moment (or at all :wink: ).

Thank you! :D But it should be on my brain's priority list!!! :upsidedown: Seriously though, doing the Runway's a mental exercise, and those are absolutely what I need to be doing to try and slow my progress to total mush between my ears, so I'm very hopeful for getting into it again. >:3

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Thank you! :D But it should be on my brain's priority list!!! :upsidedown: Seriously though, doing the Runway's a mental exercise, and those are absolutely what I need to be doing to try and slow my progress to total mush between my ears, so I'm very hopeful for getting into it again. >:3

That makes sense. :smile:  Maybe by posting here it's moved up a little on your brain's priority list already. 😁

8 minutes ago, Nielo said:

That makes sense. :smile:  Maybe by posting here it's moved up a little on your brain's priority list already. 😁

I hope so :D Though gotta admit, I've no idea what I'd have done for this current round. Maybe getting to participate, and actually successfully creating an entry, aren't necessarily gonna go hand in hand... baby steps I guess! 😅

The fact that I've got back into this forum really is significant though, for months I didn't even think about the contest, it was just completely gone.

13 hours ago, Angeló said:

@jellysundae I can send you the Runway link every week , if you like 

I honestly don't know whether that'd be helpful, or if it'd just trigger a load of anxiety, x'D PRESSURE! Hahaha.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:11 PM, jellysundae said:

I hope so :D Though gotta admit, I've no idea what I'd have done for this current round. Maybe getting to participate, and actually successfully creating an entry, aren't necessarily gonna go hand in hand... baby steps I guess! 😅

The fact that I've got back into this forum really is significant though, for months I didn't even think about the contest, it was just completely gone.

Makes sense, I think this was one of the more challenging themes we've done. (It was on the list I inherited from Deb and I'd been putting it off because I wasn't sure if it wasn't too abstract of a theme, and also because I kept forgetting to pick this theme at least somewhere in the vicinity of April 1st. XD)