Hope everyone's doing well :)

Hi! My name's Alex, and I'm a 27-year-old who recently rediscovered Neopets for the first time since I was a kid. There's something so enjoyably addictive about saving up for cute petpets/petpetpets/avatars! 😋

Other than NP, I enjoy recording and listening to music, baking cornbread and Zucchini bread, making a video game with UE4 (for fun), folk dancing, and meditating.

Video-game wise, when I'm not playing games on Neopets, I really enjoy the Bethesda RPGs, Castle Crashers, World of Warcraft Single Player Project, Recettear, and Psychonauts.

Good to be here! Hope everyone had a nice week 😊

Welcome to the board!

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls player.  I still have Skyrim on my pc as we speak, modded of course.  I really haven't checked out the ES MMO.  I'm kinda meh/burnt out on MMOs.  My favorite in the series is still Morrowind.  I play a lot of Sims 2 (when I'm not redoing my downloads folder like now), Minecraft, and a lot of farming/survival games like Stardew Valley or My Time at Portia.  

Hi Mayetra! Good to meet you 😊

59 minutes ago, Mayetra said:

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls player.  I still have Skyrim on my pc as we speak, modded of course.

Yes, mods in Bethesda games are key 👍. I agree with you re: MMOs. I briefly checked out ESO but wasn't much of a fan. It's a shame, because there is soooo much content in that game. One is able to go all over Tamriel, but it had to be an MMO 😠.

1 hour ago, Mayetra said:

My favorite in the series is still Morrowind.

I could never get into that one, actually. I find the combat to be unsatisfying. I did try to get Morroblivion (a mod that's the Morrowind game within the Oblivion engine) to work, but I couldn't figure it out after hours of tinkering. Maybe one day! I'm sure people are right when they say it's an excellent game.

59 minutes ago, Mayetra said:

I play a lot of Sims 2 (when I'm not redoing my downloads folder like now), Minecraft, and a lot of farming/survival games like Stardew Valley or My Time at Portia.  

Never played Sims 2! Minecraft is a classic. Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia are definitely on my list (I recently played a bunch of Animal Crossing New Horizons). I also enjoyed Littlewood (it's one of those games that I played constantly for a week or so and then put it down with little desire to play ever again. Though to be fair, it's still in early access). Agreed, there's something so calming/zen about tending to a virtual space (that's probably why I like Neopets so much! 😄)

Hope you have a nice weekend!

1 hour ago, TryVegan4TheAnimals said:

I also enjoyed Littlewood (it's one of those games that I played constantly for a week or so and then put it down with little desire to play ever again. Though to be fair, it's still in early access).

I got Littlewood after watching Lady Shelab play it on Youtube.  She plays a lot of the games I like.  If there are going to be lots of spoilers, I may watch one or two episodes just to get a feel for the game to see if I like the mechanics.

I wish we could get an open sandbox game of Tamriel!  My husband would never see me again. LOL  What would be even cooler is having both single player and multiplayer options.  I would love to run around Tamriel with my husband but I get annoyed with MMOs.   I keep eyeballing the LotR MMO because running around Middle Earth is just fantastic but then I remind myself how much I get annoyed with them. 

2 hours ago, Mayetra said:

I wish we could get an open sandbox game of Tamriel!  My husband would never see me again.

Hahaha I would be the same way 😄

3 hours ago, Mayetra said:

I keep eyeballing the LotR MMO because running around Middle Earth is just fantastic but then I remind myself how much I get annoyed with them. 

My uncle plays that game! Or he used to, at least. Have you played the Middle-Earth games? I haven't yet, but I think they're open-world LotR games!

52 minutes ago, TryVegan4TheAnimals said:

Have you played the Middle-Earth games? I haven't yet, but I think they're open-world LotR games!

We have some of the console versions but I've got two teenage boys so I rarely am able to get on them.  I'll have to check out Steam to see if they have them on there.