Waiting for the Negg Festival and Faerie Quests

Don't know if anybody else is also excited for the Negg Festival, but I didn't see a thread talking about it being announced by TNT saying they're coming soon. Maybe I'm too excited for it. But I'm checking the neopets news page everyday to make sure I didn't miss the beginning of it by accident. Anybody else excited for these 2 events? 😀

You're not alone! I'm also super excited for these events and I hope they go without any problems! Here's hoping it'll be fun as it usually is! ^_^

Yesss! I love the scavenger hunt aspect of the negg festival. Faerie quest event though, I've never had the chance to be a part of that, and I'm super excited for my first one! I never even knew this was a thing until this year, despite participating in multiple Negg festivals previously. Don't know where I was, haha

Just now, jennoying_sparkle said:

Yesss! I love the scavenger hunt aspect of the negg festival. Faerie quest event though, I've never had the chance to be a part of that, and I'm super excited for my first one! I never even knew this was a thing until this year, despite participating in multiple Negg festivals previously. Don't know where I was, haha

I do too! Although tbh I use the Negg Festival Guide that TDN makes every year. At least for the neggs I've missed or can't find. ^^;;

And I knew about the Faerie quest event, but I usually end up missing the majority of it and then getting bummed out that I've missed most of it. ;-;

Here's hoping we both get to experience both events from start to finish! ^^

I didn't know about the Faerie quest event either.  I do like the Negg festival.  I miss the old storyline events we would get so I look forward to the holiday stuff.

Just now, Mayetra said:

I didn't know about the Faerie quest event either.  I do like the Negg festival.  I miss the old storyline events we would get so I look forward to the holiday stuff.

I agree with you on the old storyline events, since it was almost always super fun to participate in them and get to either solve some sort of problem/mystery, or there would be specific things you had to do but there were options on what you could choose to do. I remember the Dark Faerie storyline event. If I'm remembering the one I think I am, there were things you had to do and/or find and it was engaging and gave fun rewards to completing the storyline. I hope when the site is revamped (RIP flash player) that they give us something fun to participate in. ^^

It would be nice if they fixed all the broken things that have collected over the years.  I miss the old neohomes. Some of the stuff that people did in them was so cool.  The way they would use stuff to create new things.  I really wish they would do more for holiday events on Neopets.  Negg festival is one of the rare ones where you actually get to scavenger hunt and "play".  It would be cool if they did a trick-r-treat event where if you visited different areas you'd get prizes or gift bags.  

A halloween trick-or-treat event would be so cool! Halloween's my favourite day of the year, and I've always wished there was a halloween event on neopets. I remember participating in the spooky food eating competition event, and that one was pretty fun. I think that was around halloween if my memory serves me right

6 hours ago, Mayetra said:

It would be nice if they fixed all the broken things that have collected over the years.  I miss the old neohomes. Some of the stuff that people did in them was so cool.  The way they would use stuff to create new things.  I really wish they would do more for holiday events on Neopets.  Negg festival is one of the rare ones where you actually get to scavenger hunt and "play".  It would be cool if they did a trick-r-treat event where if you visited different areas you'd get prizes or gift bags.  

There is a Halloween event on Halloween. I also be sure to get ALL the gift bags since I collect them.

3 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

There is a Halloween event on Halloween. I also be sure to get ALL the gift bags since I collect them.

Wait there is??? I always thought it was just the one thing at 11:59 PM where you refresh to get the halloween theme for the site! I've been missing out. I wonder what other yearly events existed but I just never knew. I'm surprised I even knew about the Negg event at this point haha

The Halloween bags are great! Usually one has a stamp/charm/coconut in and everyone wants it so the price sky rockets. This year for some reason they didn't, but the bags were still cool and free, so no complaints. They're all out there to be bought still but some older ones are expensive.

Neopets mentioned a little while ago that the Faerie event was being moved back, so will be held later in the year. I wonder if they are going to merge the two faerie events into one larger one perhaps? 

The Negg Festival should still be going ahead as planned though!

Wait so not only is there a faerie event but there are TWO faerie events?! 😮 Is the other one also a faerie quest event? And I think the faerie quest event is happening in April after the Negg festival. I might be wrong on that though. Clearly I'm not up to date on events happening

4 hours ago, jennoying_sparkle said:

Wait so not only is there a faerie event but there are TWO faerie events?! 😮 Is the other one also a faerie quest event?

Nah, the one in the autumn fools people every year because we all confuse it with the quest event. x'D but it's basically nothing at all, kinda like the Winter Starlight stuff in December? It wouldn't be such a bad thing if they did merge the two, I think, but only because the autumn one's basically a waste of time, I don't think it'd be beneficial to lose the Spring event though. *looks at last sentence* that's a large bit of euphemism from me there! xD

Looking on JN, the Faerie Festival seems to have only had participatory elements once? https://www.jellyneo.net/?go=faeriefest09

I wonder what they're doing to the quest event for it not to be able to run at its usual time. @_@ Ah, maybe it's because pop up stuff, like faerie quests, isn't working yet on the converted pages...

Let's not forget the hot mess that last year's was, too! where they'd clearly tweaked things and everyone was getting multiple FFQs, so much so that people were complaining about it because of all the stat increases they were missing out on. 🤣 That's Neopians for ya!

6 hours ago, jennoying_sparkle said:

Wait so not only is there a faerie event but there are TWO faerie events?! 😮 Is the other one also a faerie quest event? And I think the faerie quest event is happening in April after the Negg festival. I might be wrong on that though. Clearly I'm not up to date on events happening

Two events, but as @jellysundae said the second event isn't really an event at all. Normally this event occurs before the Negg Festival, but TNT said they were pushing it back. They didn't say to when though, so that's anybody's guess!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Nah, the one in the autumn fools people every year because we all confuse it with the quest event. x'D but it's basically nothing at all, kinda like the Winter Starlight stuff in December? It wouldn't be such a bad thing if they did merge the two, I think, but only because the autumn one's basically a waste of time, I don't think it'd be beneficial to lose the Spring event though. *looks at last sentence* that's a large bit of euphemism from me there! xD

Looking on JN, the Faerie Festival seems to have only had participatory elements once? https://www.jellyneo.net/?go=faeriefest09

I wonder what they're doing to the quest event for it not to be able to run at its usual time. @_@ Ah, maybe it's because pop up stuff, like faerie quests, isn't working yet on the converted pages...

Let's not forget the hot mess that last year's was, too! where they'd clearly tweaked things and everyone was getting multiple FFQs, so much so that people were complaining about it because of all the stat increases they were missing out on. 🤣 That's Neopians for ya!

Yeah, it might be that RE's aren't working on the beta currently to the best of my knowledge. i don't know if that would affect it though. I think it would make sense to merge the two, but who ever accused TNT of having common sense!

Or Neopians!! I admit, I was dreading getting FFQ's in multiple as I have no transfers left for this month on most of my sides and all my pets are complete on my main!! Oh Neopian problems!

26 minutes ago, Secre said:

Or Neopians!! I admit, I was dreading getting FFQ's in multiple as I have no transfers left for this month on most of my sides and all my pets are complete on my main!! Oh Neopian problems!

Gotta admit, the massive irony of the situation really amused me. x'D I suspect it went over the heads of a lot of the hugely entitled though, sadly.

HA, I can think of someone who probably definitely complained... the person who made a board recently complaining about losing millions to an angry tax beast RE as they'd had a big amount of NP on hand.

And why did they have so much on hand?

Wait for it, wait for it....

Because...  THEIR. BANK. IS. FULL.

Their flippin' bank is bloomin' well full, do you know how much that is?!

It's the computing magic number of 2,147,483,647 - the 32 bit integer max (please don't think I know what I'm talking about because I typed those words kisskiss.gif )

2,147,483,647 NP

That's 2.147 BILLION, and they're complaining about losing a few million, and wanting to know if they can hit TNT up for a refund...

Ok ok, I've dug the board out and it was 200 mill they lost, but that's still pocket change compared to what they've got. At the time I commented to fellow ninjas that it was like Jeff Bezos getting mad when he discovered he'd left a $50 bill in his pocket and it had gone through the wash. If there was an entitlement trophy that guy would definitely win it. -_- Some people on that board did call him out on his grasping attitude, but only a small percentage, which was sad to see.

I need to go do something nice now, remembering about this guy has got me riled up. x'D

54 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Gotta admit, the massive irony of the situation really amused me. x'D I suspect it went over the heads of a lot of the hugely entitled though, sadly.

HA, I can think of someone who probably definitely complained... the person who made a board recently complaining about losing millions to an angry tax beast RE as they'd had a big amount of NP on hand.

And why did they have so much on hand?

Wait for it, wait for it....

Because...  THEIR. BANK. IS. FULL.

Their flippin' bank is bloomin' well full, do you know how much that is?!

It's the computing magic number of 2,147,483,647 - the 32 bit integer max (please don't think I know what I'm talking about because I typed those words kisskiss.gif )

2,147,483,647 NP

That's 2.147 BILLION, and they're complaining about losing a few million, and wanting to know if they can hit TNT up for a refund...

Ok ok, I've dug the board out and it was 200 mill they lost, but that's still pocket change compared to what they've got. At the time I commented to fellow ninjas that it was like Jeff Bezos getting mad when he discovered he'd left a $50 bill in his pocket and it had gone through the wash. If there was an entitlement trophy that guy would definitely win it. -_- Some people on that board did call him out on his grasping attitude, but only a small percentage, which was sad to see.

I need to go do something nice now, remembering about this guy has got me riled up. x'D

Jesus wept! I mean, in fairness, I'd be furious if I lost 200 million... but then even if I took my entire bank out and cashed in all my stocks now AND miraculously sold all my HTS items and attached petpets for their full value (the Ghost Catchers Amulets alone would likely push me up nicely, then I have a couple of high end pps including the Rock and the Mara Snowbunny), I still wouldn't lose much more than 15 million... although that would be quite enough.

And surely if you had that many neopoints sloshing around in your hand, you would think to protect them far sooner by purchasing up, I don't know, all the Baby Paint Brushes on the trading post/SW, putting in offers on ETS high value items like paint brushes etc? I know I would!!

Looking at the post, he probably lost 50 million though - he says he had 200 million on hand, so if he got hit for 25% by the tax beast, that's 50mil. Personally, I suspect TNT see it as a good way to get lots of np out of the system in one go!!

EDIT: I do think they could increase the bank limit though. But first and foremost, they need a couple more interest levels... like 50 million for 13.5%, 100 million for 15% maybe? After all, 10 million won't buy you a decent set of Battledome gear anymore!

1 minute ago, Secre said:

Looking at the post, he probably lost 50 million though - he says he had 200 million on hand, so if he got hit for 25% by the tax beast, that's 50mil. Personally, I suspect TNT see it as a good way to get lots of np out of the system in one go!!

Good point! So even less of a big deal when you have 2 billion in the bank! Yeah this RE is the best NP sink ever. I know I'm intending to try for a trophy one day.

Me on the first of some upcoming month: image.png.e32fed1c937ee6af0e4243436abd9df3.png :lmaosmiley:

Imagine having 200 million 😭 I never tried food club before this year, but I think I've netted a couple million so far since I started. I think it's because of how I'd been actively avoiding all social aspects of the site prior to this year that I'm lagging so far behind on everything. A couple more interest levels would be great! Maybe that should be written on their suggestions board on neo

4 minutes ago, jennoying_sparkle said:

Imagine having 200 million 😭 I never tried food club before this year, but I think I've netted a couple million so far since I started. I think it's because of how I'd been actively avoiding all social aspects of the site prior to this year that I'm lagging so far behind on everything. A couple more interest levels would be great! Maybe that should be written on their suggestions board on neo

And that's just 200 million ON HAND. Because he ran out of space in his bank account. He has 2,147,483,647 in the bank. Heaven knows how much in his shop. And 200 million ON HAND!!!

But yes. I can see them not wanting to reward too often after 10 million, but 50 and 100 million would be really good goals to work towards for new interest rates. Maybe with a 25 million milestone in there as well.

1 hour ago, Secre said:

Heaven knows how much in his shop

OH!!! Yeah now I'd not thought of his shop till, so unless the character limit doesn't allow it that means you could, theoretically, max out at 3 x 2,147,483,647 NP... @___@

That's kind of insane. I'm guessing that's mostly from restocking? I heard that's super profitable, but I don't really have the internet speed for that 😅 Although after a certain point, the money in the bank starts making itself

That is just crazy.  I've never been able to do restocking. I have the internet speed but trying to memorize what to get and stuff is daunting.  I just figured out how to do stock this past month.  Food club looks daunting.  I can't imagine having 2 billion.  It's taken me forever to save up 9 million that I have in my bank.  

4 hours ago, Mayetra said:

That is just crazy.  I've never been able to do restocking. I have the internet speed but trying to memorize what to get and stuff is daunting.  I just figured out how to do stock this past month.  Food club looks daunting.  I can't imagine having 2 billion.  It's taken me forever to save up 9 million that I have in my bank.  

I tend to haunt a couple of shops - I do low level restocking at the main book shop; buying anything that will make me over 300-500np profit. Slow but a steady profit source, particularly from half price day. On half price day I also sit at the Mystical Surroundings shop. 

I lurk in a couple of places - Wintery Petpets, Tyrannian Petpets, Royal Potionary as they aren't popular shops but have a couple of very high end items that I'd love to get my hands on. I admit, I have had precisely no joy as of yet, but you never know!

5 hours ago, Secre said:

Slow but a steady profit source, particularly from half price day. On half price day I also sit at the Mystical Surroundings shop. 

Half Price Day is my jam.  I spend the entire day in several stores restocking.  I work from home and homeschool so it is easy for me to arrange my schedule around it.