Online Dating

MisterAm

This is a strange question. It doesn't matter where you meet the person. The main thing is the feelings that you have for him. As for me, I often visit one dating site because there are very beautiful and smart girls. These girls want real long-term relationships and I am very happy about that. These christian dating  sites are great joy for me

This always depends on the person. Some people are looking for that one night stand but lots of other people are looking for love and long term relationships. Online or not, it is always a gamble when meeting potential partners. I met my husband online, not a dating site but online none the less. It kind of came out of no where and we just clicked. Had so much in common, it was crazy. I originally wasn't all that comfortable with meeting someone I met online but we were so in sync, I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did !❤️

I don't know that online dating sites are any different than meeting someone at a club or bar. That's how it was done before dating apps.  I met my husband at a LARP Vampire game.  We will have been together for 25 years on March 15 of this year.  You really never know where you are going to meet a person you will make a connection with. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fine with dating websites. It took me a while to find a good website, but since then I've been using the same adult personals. I see no point in chatting if you can't meet somebody in person, but with this website I could just match with girls from my town, so, yeah, it's really important for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I met my husband on an online dating site!! I probably met three guys total on there - one was significantly older than he had initially said and the relationship didn't get further than a single date, one I spoke to for about a month online and met a couple of times, but we just didn't click in person and then my husband! I've now been married for three and a half years, so it's definitely not just a one night thing!

I went in being very up front that I was only interested in a serious and committed relationship, I wasn't looking for one night hook ups at all. 

30 minutes ago, Secre said:

one was significantly older than he had initially said and the relationship didn't get further than a single date

Wonder if this guy's learnt to stop pulling this BS yet. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Wonder if this guy's learnt to stop pulling this BS yet. :rolleyes:

The stupid thing is that if he'd been honest,  age didn't matter overly to me. My previous boyfriend was in his late 30's when I was in my early 20's. I mean admittedly, that was a sucky relationship, but it was his attitude that was the problem not his age!! Although, it did occur to me slightly later that he was a very similar age to my foster mother.... Although, looking back and realising just how young I really looked - at 22, I struggled to pass for 18 for instance - I have a few more concerns!! I still have to give kudos to my foster father - a nosy local went to him saying that it was concerning that I was with someone so much older... he rightly recognised that the relationship might last longer out of pique alone if he kicked up a fuss and just asked me to let him know what time I was expecting to be back so he'd know when to start worrying.

But yes, if the guy on the dating website had put 40 odd in his description I'd have likely still met up with him. But having late 20's in his description and being early 40's meant we weren't getting to a second date no matter what!! He seemed perfectly nice in all honesty, but it didn't seem to be an indicator for future honesty!!

19 minutes ago, Secre said:

But having late 20's in his description and being early 40's

And there was me thinking this kinda nonsense was a female thing! Women do it generally just out of regular vanity though, don't they, not because they're trying to lure young lads. (maybe, let's be honest here, because they know the net result generally won't be worth the effort xD) Women who lie about their age lie to everyone. :upsidedown: Young lads are also generally up for a bit of cougar action, and don't need lying to. :laugh:

Yeah, a guy doing it raises a few sinister flags, doesn't it, sadly. 😞 But indeed kudos to your foster dad! A whole lot of sense, and restraint, used there! Wonder if it was hard for him to quell that strong instinctive urge to just flat out forbid you to see him and so on.

On 3/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, iheartsaku said:

This always depends on the person. Some people are looking for that one night stand but lots of other people are looking for love and long term relationships. Online or not, it is always a gamble when meeting potential partners. I met my husband online, not a dating site but online none the less. It kind of came out of no where and we just clicked. Had so much in common, it was crazy. I originally wasn't all that comfortable with meeting someone I met online but we were so in sync, I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did !❤️

I met my fiance online! We met in a game and we have so much in common and this year he proposed to me after 2 years of dating long distance online and 3 or 4 years of being good friends online before we got together. He proposed in February and we're currently figuring out when I can visit him again in person. He came to stay with my family and me for Thanksgiving last year and I stayed with him for a month this February. We're planning to have another in person visit soon! I'm so glad I took a chance with him because I was blessed with the love of my life and best friend because I took that chance. ^^

• 3 months later...

do you have online dating experience? tell us in more detail about it. this topic is interesting to me and I think that it is very relevant in the modern world. I prefer to visit online streams of beautiful girls  here and watch them. it's hard to call it a date, but it gives me the opportunity to feel close to them. they are ready to communicate with their audience and fulfill their wishes.

I met my actual partner through online dating. We've been together for years now.

I feel like online dating is a much better way to meet people. You know from the get go that the people you are talking to are looking for the same thing. I'm so bad at approaching people IRL, if online dating wasn't around, I'd probably still be single.

• 3 months later...

I don't see anything extraordinary in online dating. A lot of people use this type of dating because of different reasons.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use inappropriate references in your posts. These have been removed. Please be aware that children (might) use this forum as well.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A cousin of mine met her husband through an online dating thing. I, haven't really had much of any kind of luck or good experience when I've looked into those sites. lol Maybe because I think the prices are over-inflated, especially the ones where only the guys gotta pay to converse. I can see paying for dinner and a movie, the gentlemanly thing to do, but for messaging or just even sending a "hi" without an actual message? Seriously?! No thanks!

They work for some people. Some looking for love, some not looking for serious, and there's those of us it doesn't CLICK with. lol Whatever works I suppose, as long as it's on the up and up, as they say.

I tend to be a bit overly verbose when I type anyway, so, yeah. Message limitations are for the birds. 😜 Guess I'll just stick to IRL and hope to luck. lol Would be nice to meet someone who'd inspire me to write poetry again. I kinda miss composing. lol XD

• 2 months later...