My Kougra... Is No Longer A Kougra!

Secre

I've been umming and ahing over what to do with poor tdub. As a teenager I loved Faerie Kougra's and that was my ultimate dream. I saved up and painted him and then disaster hit. I was playing Neoquest and I got hit by the Invisible RE. So tdub sulked for a decade in a boring cloud colour, until I painted him Camoflage last autumn.

But Faerie Kougra's just weren't doing anything for me, anymore. In face none of the Kougra colours were. I didn't mind him as Camoflage, but he didn't wow me. For a while I toyed with making him into a Faerie Hissi, but that didn't seem right either - I very much see him as a mammal. 

Well, I just got a Fountain Faerie Quest and I finally bit the bullet. So I now have a fantastic cross with the Zombie tuxedo and a base oil paint colour:

image.png.e9b97456ce1356fdc0c5165c98c2d33f.png

Now all I need is that Beautiful Green Painting and my life will be complete (wings are incorrect on DTI for some reason)

image.png.f7bb476d10b948a1668d71e6ce3db5e7.png

That looks SO good! The Oil Paint Ixi's the best by far, I think. Plus I personally love how the blue of the eyes, horns and hooves compliments the fur so well. For me complimentary shades will always pwn toning ones.

25 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

That looks SO good! The Oil Paint Ixi's the best by far, I think. Plus I personally love how the blue of the eyes, horns and hooves compliments the fur so well. For me complimentary shades will always pwn toning ones.

Thank you! I loved the Oilpaint Ixi when it came out and planned on having one on my sides eventually. I'm not sure why it wasn't the first thing to come to mind when I was looking at a species change for tdub in honesty!

I saw the zombie tuxedo on the Facebook group a little while ago and fell in love, so that also had to happen!! But yes, the colour combo of the Ixi Oilpaint is fantastic - I far prefer the greens and blues to some of the others and I love the way they have melded the colours with the fur, rather than it being random stripes and swirls.

And even better! I got my Green Painting BG!

image.png.9c0d70dcc56b930d775a9a75ec329636.png

I've traded an arm and a leg for it, I admit. But I offered, so I wasn't had or taken advantage of. It's been a nightmare to get hold of in honesty. It's been on my wish list for months, although I haven't been chasing it as I didn't have the pet. But now having the pet, I was offering 8-10 instead of its official 4-6 value and finally got it! (Also, thank you TNT for the MME's. You made that trade significantly easier!)

14 minutes ago, Angeló said:

This is how darkphilosophy would look as Oil Paint

From this medium_preview.png to this medium_preview.png

Very tempting , to be honest

The oil paint works well! I also recommend the Zombie tuxedo. It is my new favourite NP item... until I see a new shiny thing that I love

Do those flame things come in a blue or green? Because that would work even better!

oh he looks so cool! i agree with what jelly said about the complimentary colours. the oilpaint ixis are just so calming and soothing.

and yeah, the zombie coat is so lovely. the ixis really lucked out in that colour.

a lot of things look weird on DTI, at the moment. i was trying to look for backgrounds the other day and a a good chunk of them had at least one part that had the wrong overlay filter or something..

6 hours ago, Secre said:

The oil paint works well! I also recommend the Zombie tuxedo. It is my new favourite NP item... until I see a new shiny thing that I love

Do those flame things come in a blue or green? Because that would work even better!

fg_twr_visionfield.gif its called Field of Visions and its too pink for my taste

also i don't have money for a Zombie or Oil paint  at the moment

On 2/26/2021 at 7:11 PM, berriganify said:

oh he looks so cool! i agree with what jelly said about the complimentary colours. the oilpaint ixis are just so calming and soothing.

and yeah, the zombie coat is so lovely. the ixis really lucked out in that colour.

a lot of things look weird on DTI, at the moment. i was trying to look for backgrounds the other day and a a good chunk of them had at least one part that had the wrong overlay filter or something..

I did my Jetsam custom on DTI and it had ridiculous yellow lines on it which it doesn't have in the real custom.

image.png.dc20f8584dbc3a2c7dc623581f96fbc3.png

And yep, I'd have kicked myself if I hadn't gone for the Zombie first as that little tuxedo is perfect!!!

On 2/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, Angeló said:

fg_twr_visionfield.gif its called Field of Visions and its too pink for my taste

also i don't have money for a Zombie or Oil paint  at the moment

It would be quite cool in a mauve or blue... but I suppose they have the Darkness Attacks for that. It's a pity NP items never get Dyeworks.

And I know the feeling. I've spent way too much np recently!!