Glow Up Thread

Naamah D.

Have you gone through a glow up? Here is 6th Grade Naamah in her Hot Topic, "I'm so edgy" phase:

147874004_3808899485833105_6609361856861

This is me now!

139263789_3751910894865298_2703869887638

I still wear black, love Metal but I hardly wear band tees and prefer a pearl necklace and black flats and Converse to platform boots and spiked chokers that would've gotten me sent to the principals office lol. 

On 2/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, Naamah D. said:

Wow....your wedding dress is beautiful. I hope you had a beautiful wedding as well. 

Thank you! Our city gave us 10 hours notice of a lockdown the day before our wedding so we actually scrambled to have our ceremony a day early and get home before lockdown started at 6pm, it was insane. I should make a post about it lol.

A-ha! Today, @Naamah D. pictures display for me! TDN's forum software really doesn't like showing me images :crying_anim: I usually get a link that when I click on it gives me the middle finger in the way of a broken image icon. x'D

Some kind of teenageness is a requirement, I think, just so you can look back on it and see how far you've come. :D Your hair's looking great, were you straightening the heck out of it at school? Oh! Do you still have those boots though, those look pretty cool. >:3

@gypsykneesfor an emo high school shot, that's a really good one! I LOVE the colour of your hair now! Did you dye it darker in high school, or is the black and white shot misleading? Yes please with the post about your wedding, that sounds mental!

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

A-ha! Today, @Naamah D. pictures display for me! TDN's forum software really doesn't like showing me images :crying_anim: I usually get a link that when I click on it gives me the middle finger in the way of a broken image icon. x'D

Some kind of teenageness is a requirement, I think, just so you can look back on it and see how far you've come. :D Your hair's looking great, were you straightening the heck out of it at school? Oh! Do you still have those boots though, those look pretty cool. >:3

@gypsykneesfor an emo high school shot, that's a really good one! I LOVE the colour of your hair now! Did you dye it darker in high school, or is the black and white shot misleading? Yes please with the post about your wedding, that sounds mental!

My hair was straight in school but once puberty was over it got curly. I don’t have the boots because they got super worn out. I wouldn’t consider myself “goth” anymore. I’m more average than anything. 

2 hours ago, Naamah D. said:

My hair was straight in school but once puberty was over it got curly.

Oh! That's intriguing. 😮 Mine was curlier when I was little, then it got kinda/sorta straight-ish as I got into adulthood, though having said that it curls more again now! xD Hair is weird and does it's own thing, we're not the boss of it. x'D

2 hours ago, Naamah D. said:

I don’t have the boots because they got super worn out.

This is all that matter, a cool pair of boots that got worn to death. 😎

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I dyed it darker, it's natural now haha. Definitely was right into the emo phase.