Stocks

Naamah D.

No, stocks are a long-term investment. You should only buy when the price is as low as possible (15NP is the minimum without certain Obelisk war boons, but going up to 16-17 might be necessary sometimes), and sell when the value has at least tripled/quadrupled - I usually sell at 60, but I know some people wait for even higher values. This might mean waiting for months. Stocks never go bankrupt anymore though, so there's no risk of losing your investment permanently.

It's strongly advised that you wait. If you buy at 15, chances are they won't have increased much in a day. I'm sitting on over 2 million worth of stocks bought over months because I'm waiting for them to hit the magic high point!

I waited literally 3 years for some of my stocks to turn a profit! Like everyone else said, you sell your stocks when you feel you've made a satisfactory profit on them. I don't think there's any minimum on how long you have to wait to sell after buying, but I know there isn't a maximum, either. Wait as long as you need.

• 4 weeks later...

How long you keep them depends on how quickly you need to make money.

If you need it right now, might make sense to sell sooner, as long as you have some profit (remember: it costs 20NP to sell, to take that into account).

General rule is to purchase 1000 stocks daily at 15NP (the minimum you can pay), and most users wait until it reaches the 60NP mark (+300%) - but that might make you sit on some money for a while (like Secre, I'm sitting over 2,5mi on my portfolio, waiting for it to get there)