Impulse spent just over 2 million... on a Rock...

Secre

I mean I've been after a Rock for a while and it was a really good deal. 1.65 for the Rock and 500k for the Woodland Paint Brush. But still... I just spend 2.15 million... on a Rock...

image.png.bc558343b073cf91b70cc2ce207bf1bf.png

4 hours ago, Secre said:

I just spend 2.15 million... on a Rock...

Put a heavy weight on it for a few million years and it'll be a diamond; for something that size that's a flippin' bargain! Cute name, too! :D

17 hours ago, Singledwish123 said:

Well worth it. He is so fricking cute.

he is isn't he!

17 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Put a heavy weight on it for a few million years and it'll be a diamond; for something that size that's a flippin' bargain! Cute name, too! :D

I was playing on the word 'bark'! And hey, a diamond would likely be less valuable in the Neopian economy!!

that's a perfect petpet for your ruki!

it's also the exact reaction when i bought my xweetok her rock. she throws it at people. but there's just something so... dumb and amazing about the pet rock. it's pretty much the only petpet that's so... grounded in reality.

did anyone else actually have a pet rock when they were a kid? i did. not an official brand pet rock. just a cool rock i found in the garden.

26 minutes ago, Secre said:

And hey, a diamond would likely be less valuable in the Neopian economy!!

Oh gosh, that's unfortunately very true, isn't it. Some perculiar thing made from dung would probably be worth more. :laugh:

Got myself wondering now ofc!

*investigates*

Uh-huh

image.png.c8400b2bca470bf54b6a966e1c6bbd33.png

@berriganify

I don't know if pet rocks were a thing in this country, I'm intrigued though, how do you brand a rock?! Were they actual natural rocks?? Or a created thing all formed into the same shape?

17 minutes ago, berriganify said:

that's a perfect petpet for your ruki!

it's also the exact reaction when i bought my xweetok her rock. she throws it at people. but there's just something so... dumb and amazing about the pet rock. it's pretty much the only petpet that's so... grounded in reality.

did anyone else actually have a pet rock when they were a kid? i did. not an official brand pet rock. just a cool rock i found in the garden.

I had kinda loved the absurdity of it well before I got a pet that I could match one too... but the Woodland Ruki and Rock just seemed perfect together!

Do remind your Xweetok to pick it up after hurling it. After all, that's an expensive replacement if she loses it after concussing someone!

I don't believe I did... I had a tamogathchi or however you spell that... and a lot of stuffed bears! Still got a lot of stuffed bears in honesty. And four Eeyore's; Granddad, Baby, Teeny Tiny and the newest addition to the family; Dopey Eeyore. Teeny named him and it stuck.

No description available.

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Oh gosh, that's unfortunately very true, isn't it. Some perculiar thing made from dung would probably be worth more. :laugh:

Got myself wondering now ofc!

*investigates*

Uh-huh

image.png.c8400b2bca470bf54b6a966e1c6bbd33.png

Yep, neopian economy at it's finest!!

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I don't know if pet rocks were a thing in this country, I'm intrigued though, how do you brand a rock?! Were they actual natural rocks?? Or a created thing all formed into the same shape?

maybe they were mostly a US thing? and to be fair by "official branded rock" what i really mean was "the probably copyright-infringing pet rocks sold by the fancy granville island toy stores that all the other kids had" which were really, really popular for like, a year when i was in fourth grade. and yeah, they were a uniform shape, usually smoothed/polished, and the really expensive ones were made out of some semi-precious stone. some of them had eyes painted or carved on, others didn't. they came with a little bed and a 'care booklet.' no idea what that booklet actually said though.

the 90's were... weird.

11 hours ago, Secre said:

I had kinda loved the absurdity of it well before I got a pet that I could match one too... but the Woodland Ruki and Rock just seemed perfect together!

Do remind your Xweetok to pick it up after hurling it. After all, that's an expensive replacement if she loses it after concussing someone!

I don't believe I did... I had a tamogathchi or however you spell that... and a lot of stuffed bears! Still got a lot of stuffed bears in honesty. And four Eeyore's; Granddad, Baby, Teeny Tiny and the newest addition to the family; Dopey Eeyore. Teeny named him and it stuck.

absurdity is the perfect word for the pet rock. and don't worry, her rock is her most precious possession. it's named jawbreaker.

oh my god, i remember tamagotchis!! they were so cute!! but they hit while i was at my first elementary school, which had more of a clique/gang thing going on and i wasn't in the group that was into them. so i wanted one in secret while calling them stupid.

and yoooo those eeyores are adorable! which one is the one on the top right? he's my favourite!

i still have some of my childhood stuffies. a lot of them just got too ratty to keep, but i still have Mister Fox

mistahfox.thumb.jpg.af9a0314fdc5980fb36c61d993013715.jpg

9 hours ago, berriganify said:

the 90's were... weird.

I mean, just one look at the music could say that. I distinctly remember singing Sex on the Beach at top volume on the bus to weird out our very strict bus monitor. Also I never realised how creepy Barbie Girl is until I was singing along with it at a pub next to my father and suddenly all those lyrics... clicked!

absurdity is the perfect word for the pet rock. and don't worry, her rock is her most precious possession. it's named jawbreaker.

HAH! Perfect name!!

and yoooo those eeyores are adorable! which one is the one on the top right? he's my favourite!

i still have some of my childhood stuffies. a lot of them just got too ratty to keep, but i still have Mister Fox

mistahfox.thumb.jpg.af9a0314fdc5980fb36c61d993013715.jpg

Top right would be Teeny Tiny. He thinks he's the King of the Castle. Baby Eeyore, top left, is the oldest as we got him whilst on honeymoon. Teeny and Grandad (bottom right) were got at New Year the year after. Dopey (bottom left) was this year's New Year addition to the family!

Aww! Mister Fox is adorable!!

I still have Splodge from my childhood days. He's a 'bit' ratty but I don't care! Apparently I tried to throw him away as a teenager and my foster mother rescued him and put him in a drawer. Many years later we were reunited! I had him in reception at least, which is where he lost his eye. I cried so much when the glass eye cracked and fell out that my reception teacher found a button in her drawer and sewed it on to him.

No photo description available.

That's Sergeant (left) and Misty (right) sitting with him!

2 hours ago, Secre said:

I mean, just one look at the music could say that. I distinctly remember singing Sex on the Beach at top volume on the bus to weird out our very strict bus monitor. Also I never realised how creepy Barbie Girl is until I was singing along with it at a pub next to my father and suddenly all those lyrics... clicked!

oh man, barbie girl takes me back.

but i have no room to judge. one of the staples of our singalongs at girl guides was ymca, which is about the wholesome fun of...hooking up with strangers!

teeny tiny doesn't "think" he's the king of the castle. he is the king of the castle!

and splodge is so cute! it's great that your foster mom saved him! and i think the button eye suits him perfectly!

44 minutes ago, berriganify said:

oh man, barbie girl takes me back.

but i have no room to judge. one of the staples of our singalongs at girl guides was ymca, which is about the wholesome fun of...hooking up with strangers!

teeny tiny doesn't "think" he's the king of the castle. he is the king of the castle!

and splodge is so cute! it's great that your foster mom saved him! and i think the button eye suits him perfectly!

You are right about Teeny. This was him at Christmas. He is the King! Bow before him!

May be an image of animal

They follow me around everywhere - Baby Eeyore often comes to work with me... even though he nearly got lost one evening back in 2019 when he fell out of my bag. It sounds stupid to get off a train, get on the next train in the opposite direction and leg it back to work to try and find him, but that's exactly what I did! Someone had put him on the corner of one of the buildings thankfully, so we were reunited!