What's Your Anti-Achievement Today!?

Secre

So some days, you just have one of those days. 

Today is one of those days.

My anti-achievement today is that out of 60 games of Solitaire I have won precisely zero. I also played 50 games yesterday and won... precisely zero.

And I've decided to try for the Edna avatar... and that isn't going well either!

11 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Solitaire and Pyramids , i hate both those games with a passion

I am beginning to see why!! I want that Golden Trophy though! I currently only have bronze! Typically, just after I posted this I got a win... but that win was closely followed by yet another loss!

I've moved across to Scarab 21 in disgust for the moment. I do wish the Flash games were converted properly!!

Pyramids is fun, but it's agonizing when you have one card left over that you can't remove.

It didn't happen today, but I've been knocked off of the bronze trophy score countless times before it gave me the trophy.

Also, I have high scores in games that would've earned me a trophy had I done them on the 1st of the month, but I couldn't replicate the scores.

The struggles of being a trophy hoarder, I guess.

Neopets solitaire is nowhere near as much of a jerk as the Windows version though. I used to play that quite a lot going back 10 years or so, and I'd set the result to cummulative, and I've end up SO FAR IN DEBT. On the rare occasion that I won it wouldn't even make a dent in it. lol.gif

I still think getting my pet sick twice in one day's my peak anti-achievement so far this year. :upsidedown:

21 hours ago, Secre said:

So some days, you just have one of those days. 

Today is one of those days.

My anti-achievement today is that out of 60 games of Solitaire I have won precisely zero. I also played 50 games yesterday and won... precisely zero.

And I've decided to try for the Edna avatar... and that isn't going well either!

I am not alone in this then !!!!! Story of my life, spend hours and hours playing solitaire, win zero times , ask myself why I keep playing it, and just click the button or another round ahahah

And my anti-achievement today is my Kiko getting zapped into a Green Koi. Another 100k on morphing potions down in my quest for a Garlic Kiko!

18 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Pyramids is fun, but it's agonizing when you have one card left over that you can't remove.

It didn't happen today, but I've been knocked off of the bronze trophy score countless times before it gave me the trophy.

Also, I have high scores in games that would've earned me a trophy had I done them on the 1st of the month, but I couldn't replicate the scores.

The struggles of being a trophy hoarder, I guess.

I'm less keen on Pyramids, but got quite interested in Solitaire and Scarab 21... Scarab 21 annoys me less, but there's no trophy for 'winning' only for high scores and cumulative scores which is a shame as I'm not actually very good at it!!

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Neopets solitaire is nowhere near as much of a jerk as the Windows version though. I used to play that quite a lot going back 10 years or so, and I'd set the result to cummulative, and I've end up SO FAR IN DEBT. On the rare occasion that I won it wouldn't even make a dent in it. lol.gif

I still think getting my pet sick twice in one day's my peak anti-achievement so far this year. :upsidedown:

Yep, that one definitely counts as an anti-achievement! 

And there's a reminder to never play Windows solitaire!

15 minutes ago, sweet_marta said:

I am not alone in this then !!!!! Story of my life, spend hours and hours playing solitaire, win zero times , ask myself why I keep playing it, and just click the button or another round ahahah

Yep, you are not alone. Oh, only ten minutes becomes five hours somehow...

I think out of the two I like pyramids more, probably because it's rarer that you make an actual lose, but it does still have its ways of trolling you, just like regular solitaire does. x'D

Whoever came up with Solitaire truly had no IDEA what a global time-wasting opportunity they'd created, it was probably some ancient Greek or something... let's go find out!

*invetigates*

OH! I am disappoint!

The origins of Card Solitaire or Patience are unclear, but the earliest records appear in the late 1700s across northern Europe and Scandinavia.

Ancient Greeks, you let me down! You'd have thought it would have existed in some form WAY before the 1700s, which is pretty modern-times, considerin'!

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I think out of the two I like pyramids more, probably because it's rarer that you make an actual lose, but it does still have its ways of trolling you, just like regular solitaire does. x'D

Whoever came up with Solitaire truly had no IDEA what a global time-wasting opportunity they'd created, it was probably some ancient Greek or something... let's go find out!

*invetigates*

OH! I am disappoint!

Ancient Greeks, you let me down! You'd have thought it would have existed in some form WAY before the 1700s, which is pretty modern-times, considerin'!

Tell that to the Americans - it's virtually ancient history to them!!

I suspect dice games were around long before card games as the pieces are more durable and can be made from wood or bone.

58 minutes ago, Secre said:

Tell that to the Americans - it's virtually ancient history to them!!

Hahaha, yes. I enjoy melting American's brains when I tell them the building I live in is 400 years old xD They're all "that's older than my country!" Which is a very problematic statement but we'll not get into that here as we're already doing that in another thread. ^o^;;

I suspect dice games were around long before card games as the pieces are more durable and can be made from wood or bone.

Yeah exactly! Which is why I'd have thought there must be much earlier forms of what became Patience on those more durable game pieces. Same concept, just not the playing card suits we know today. Hmm... I guess it's down to written history again. Didn't count until some educated white bloke discovered it and wrote it down somewhere? That fact that natives of a country had been playing it for centuries is immaterial. :upsidedown: ... The snark seem strong in me today... <_<

Thought I'd give the flash HTML5 games a go.

Turmac Roll works, but... something seems off with the scoring. I grabbed one piece of fruit, and it set my score to 666. When I ended with a 1000+ score, it gave me 1118 NPs. It goes beyond 1000 now?! Also, the death sound is ear piercing.

Fashion Fever doesn't send scores. DISAPPOINTED!

After I sent my Hasee Bounce score of 98 (come on now, I'm not good at this one), it said I played it 3 times total, even though it was the first time. And it says my high score is... 0. So that's not working properly. The game seems the same as I remember, at least.

Ice Cream Machine, one of my favorites, is back! But... the classic soundtrack only plays on the menu! 😞 The scoops drop from the top rather than the bottom, which I'm fine with, but... the extra life code doesn't work on this version! They must've left it out. Also, the cursor isn't appearing where the Chia is, which is confusing for placement. There's a bottom portion of the screen that I can't put the Chia at, because my cursor goes outside of the game window. Also...

7pAaZbg.png

Since when is blueberry pink?!

Rink Runner... Why did it set my final score to 1 after I reached level 3?! Something got programmed incorrectly there, if the points don't cumulate between levels.

Igloo Garage Sale is the most broken of them all! Look at this nonsense!

2tiM4zC.png

That's some bonus, isn't it! Either I became a Garage Sale Wizard, or the scoring is completely messed up... take a guess which one. Of course, I get an expected screen when I try to send such a ridiculously high score:

bSZPxly.png

Last but not least, Kass Basher. What is with that slowdown?! I have a gaming PC!!! That aside, I still managed to whack that kass 1276 meters... which is higher than I ever got in the flash version. It got me over 1000 NPs when I sent the score.

So, in summary... I guess my anti-achievement today was finding issues with every single HTML5 game. 😅

16 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

Thought I'd give the flash HTML5 games a go.

Turmac Roll works, but... something seems off with the scoring. I grabbed one piece of fruit, and it set my score to 666. When I ended with a 1000+ score, it gave me 1118 NPs. It goes beyond 1000 now?! Also, the death sound is ear piercing.

Fashion Fever doesn't send scores. DISAPPOINTED!

After I sent my Hasee Bounce score of 98 (come on now, I'm not good at this one), it said I played it 3 times total, even though it was the first time. And it says my high score is... 0. So that's not working properly. The game seems the same as I remember, at least.

Ice Cream Machine, one of my favorites, is back! But... the classic soundtrack only plays on the menu! 😞 The scoops drop from the top rather than the bottom, which I'm fine with, but... the extra life code doesn't work on this version! They must've left it out. Also, the cursor isn't appearing where the Chia is, which is confusing for placement. There's a bottom portion of the screen that I can't put the Chia at, because my cursor goes outside of the game window. Also...

7pAaZbg.png

Since when is blueberry pink?!

Rink Runner... Why did it set my final score to 1 after I reached level 3?! Something got programmed incorrectly there, if the points don't cumulate between levels.

Igloo Garage Sale is the most broken of them all! Look at this nonsense!

2tiM4zC.png

That's some bonus, isn't it! Either I became a Garage Sale Wizard, or the scoring is completely messed up... take a guess which one. Of course, I get an expected screen when I try to send such a ridiculously high score:

bSZPxly.png

Last but not least, Kass Basher. What is with that slowdown?! I have a gaming PC!!! That aside, I still managed to whack that kass 1276 meters... which is higher than I ever got in the flash version. It got me over 1000 NPs when I sent the score.

So, in summary... I guess my anti-achievement today was finding issues with every single HTML5 game. 😅

You're more patient than me - I tried three of them including Fashion Fever - found issues with them all and moved onto the card games which I can reliably lose at instead!!

Turmac Roll annoyed me because it doesn't collect all the berries even when you hit them. Fashion Fever wouldn't send scores - it works some of the time if you dress the pet up, but not every time. I can't remember if I played Ice Cream or Igloo now, but whichever it was I wasn't impressed. I then tried Pink Runner later for the Better Than You and yep, the scores don't tie over from the levels.

22 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

I played this yesterday... it's terrible isn't it, laggy and the Turmac's pretty unresponsive, he doesn't bounce very well >_< I had that score issue too! I'm sat there like"how did I score 600 and something I'm sure I didn't get that fishberry?!"

That death noise is horrible, isn't it. It's almost like some fingernails-down-the-blackboard thing, or a blast of static or something. Why on earth not use the existing sound? So weird.

@SecreFashion Fever scores do send, you just have to wait a bit. :nod_yes: Not long, just give is a few seconds and it should go through. Oh, wait, I mean wait before submitting your score.

Thanks @Secrefor the tip on Fashion Fever! That did the trick. 🙂

At least there's one game functioning properly!

All joking aside, I hope they fix some of these, and I expect they will.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:49 PM, ildacoo said:

my anti-achievement (which is actually a very nice word for failure!) is that i've been doing edna and lost tomb every day for years and never gotten either avatar.

This doesn't fill me with glee for my own chances with Edna... I started last week!!

Food Club has been an absolute disaster this last week and I've woken up to yet another tank this morning!!

27 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm gonna visit Edna right now.

image.png.81bf895233c07366a6a29be4fdd80b1c.png

She only wants two items, so :hmmph:

This is my main problem with Edna!

My first quest of today only wanted one item. It was cheap so I did it to get rid of it. My second quest wants 2 items. One of which is 2500np... so I'm letting it time out as I don't want to spend tons on useless quests and 2500 times twenty (ten quests, two items) quickly adds up...

48 minutes ago, Secre said:

My first quest of today only wanted one item. It was cheap so I did it to get rid of it.

She annoys me too much for me to want to do this. Which is shooting myself in the foot, I know. x'D

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

She annoys me too much for me to want to do this. Which is shooting myself in the foot, I know. x'D

Eight minutes left on the two item one... joys!!

I suspect once I've done more of them, I'll be in the same boat. For the moment I'm only really on my first week of it!!

i set a timer last night for the turmuculasus because one of the potential times was the reasonable time of 8am.. and then i woke up and didnt look at the timer's title, and started getting ready, breakfast etc, and completely forgot about it until 10. and he was awake!!

On 1/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, berriganify said:

i set a timer last night for the turmuculasus because one of the potential times was the reasonable time of 8am.. and then i woke up and didnt look at the timer's title, and started getting ready, breakfast etc, and completely forgot about it until 10. and he was awake!!

I never remember to go to Tummy!! I might try and visit him on 31st, 1st as those timings are when I'm often online at least.

Today's anti-achiveemnt is that out of some 6 quests for Edna, all of them have been 1-2 item quests. I'm letting this one time out as she wants 2000np plus for no chance at the avatar...

This was the other day, but I still want to gripe about it. I was impulse buying for my food themed gallery, and due to lag I bought 2 of Radish Meringue for about 40,000 np each. I clicked, didn't think it registered, then clicked again. Oops. Now it's sitting in my shop along with the Butter Gears that I bought for about 14,000 but already had in my gallery. Even though I checked to see if it was there using ctrl-F. Must have had a space in the wrong place. Both are Gourmet foods, so Hopefully someone will want them if I keep them discounted.

regrets.GIF

@Sciurus carolinensis Yep, I know that feeling as well. Had a few moments with my plushie gallery before!!

@Angeló I have so many duplicates, but most of them are admittedly in the hundreds for Charity Corner. So when Charity Corner comes around and asks for specific items that I don't have, that will be my fail of the day!! Ever the optimist.

I tried to get on the Food Club trophy board last night... and got my numbers mixed up so collected before the day's round came in. Frustrating!! Admittedly, I only won 12:10 yesterday, so it might not have made a difference anyway....

Also tried to do my second Jhudora quest off my phone and it was ridiculously slow!!!