Neopies 2020 Have Begun!

hrtbrk

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

I love the Sea Glass Foreground and used it on Peopha for a while

image.png.c668b493a5d9561dd3ae8e6e4fd682e0.png

I picked Sea Glass as well. I haven't used it yet, but it will work well for a summer beach customisation once I'm bored of the winter ones!

Oh my, they actually went there with site events. I mean the Festival of Neggs is virtually a non event. I wasn't here for the Faerie Quest event, so can't comment. But both the AC and CC were riddled with controversy!!

8 hours ago, Secre said:

Oh my, they actually went there with site events. I mean the Festival of Neggs is virtually a non event. I wasn't here for the Faerie Quest event, so can't comment. But both the AC and CC were riddled with controversy!!

i remember the cc pretty well but didn't participate in the ac this year, what happened?

also the faerie festival was great for me cause i got a ffq out of it.😄

Saving Dacardia was atrocious. I don't think I participated in the other three. Eeny meeny miney... Festival of Neggs.

9 hours ago, Secre said:

Oh my, they actually went there with site events.

I had the same reaction xDD I guess they thought there'd been events so they might as well use the category? Even if the vast majority are just the regular events... this is basically like having a category that chooses a person's fave activity out of: eating breakfast; cleaning teeth; having a nap; nipping to the shop. xD

Faerie Quest event was broken .. every one got one , two or more FFQs (I got one too and painted Alsou Desert)

I went with the AC because Shenkuu performed well this year and I got All - Star + 1 or 2 more ranks and I got nice items from the Prize Shop

And today's category is essentially, what was the best NC event. I'm surprised they haven't used the Halloween event. That gave out some nice items.

15 hours ago, berriganify said:

i remember the cc pretty well but didn't participate in the ac this year, what happened?

also the faerie festival was great for me cause i got a ffq out of it.😄

They changed the scoring at the last minute with no warning. I can't remember which team should have been on the winners podium at the end, but it wasn't Kiko Lake by the old rules. Might have been Meridell. 

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

Faerie Quest event was broken .. every one got one , two or more FFQs (I got one too and painted Alsou Desert)

I went with the AC because Shenkuu performed well this year and I got All - Star + 1 or 2 more ranks and I got nice items from the Prize Shop

Yeah, I went with the AC - I hit All Star for the first time ever, although with far less games than it would have taken me when I last played.

So essentially, every event that was an event was broken in some way or form!

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I had the same reaction xDD I guess they thought there'd been events so they might as well use the category? Even if the vast majority are just the regular events... this is basically like having a category that chooses a person's fave activity out of: eating breakfast; cleaning teeth; having a nap; nipping to the shop. xD

It's more like asking people what's their favourite out of going to work, travelling on a packed train, doing a full weekly shop for three families or finding out your car needs repairing!!

Next up: What's your favorite random event?

Tax Beast, Pant Devil, Cackling Ghost, or Evil Coconut?

1 hour ago, Secre said:

It's more like asking people what's their favourite out of going to work, travelling on a packed train, doing a full weekly shop for three families or finding out your car needs repairing!!

:laugh:

I did consider options that weren't enjoyable at all, rather than just regular scheduled things, but then I remembered: these are events, they're FUN, right? RIGHT!? :lmaosmiley:

But honestly, if you take this: doing a full weekly shop for three families; and make that an all-day-every-day occurrence, that's the AC, right there, isn't it. X'D

And yet I picked the AC!!! lol.gif

The camaraderie (and shared pain!) on the Shenkuu board is 100% what makes the AC enjoyable for me.

2 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Next up: What's your favorite random event?

Tax Beast, Pant Devil, Cackling Ghost, or Evil Coconut?

You forgot Neohome repairs when you don't own a Neohome...

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

:laugh:

I did consider options that weren't enjoyable at all, rather than just regular scheduled things, but then I remembered: these are events, they're FUN, right? RIGHT!? :lmaosmiley:

But honestly, if you take this: doing a full weekly shop for three families; and make that an all-day-every-day occurrence, that's the AC, right there, isn't it. X'D

And yet I picked the AC!!! lol.gif

The camaraderie (and shared pain!) on the Shenkuu board is 100% what makes the AC enjoyable for me.

I think the AC would be four families, all with small children or food allergies!!

That said, I voted for it as well! The turkey votes for Christmas and we vote for carpal tunnel syndrome!

3 hours ago, Secre said:

You forgot Neohome repairs when you don't own a Neohome...

HA! That even tops whining and level loss right as you're transacting a training course. X'D

3 hours ago, Secre said:

I think the AC would be four families, all with small children or food allergies!!

I see this, and raise you home-schooling said kids, AND having to take them all with you for those grocery shops.

We're into quad-maxing comparison territory now.  lol.gif

Full disclosure here: I may have hit All-Star the past two ACs, but that translates as just squeaking into Level 21, my AC abilities are somewhat limited, quad-maxing's only ever gonna happen to other people. kisskiss.gif

goWSQXL.jpg

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

HA! That even tops whining and level loss right as you're transacting a training course. X'D

I see this, and raise you home-schooling said kids, AND having to take them all with you for those grocery shops.

We're into quad-maxing comparison territory now.  lol.gif

Full disclosure here: I may have hit All-Star the past two ACs, but that translates as just squeaking into Level 21, my AC abilities are somewhat limited, quad-maxing's only ever gonna happen to other people. kisskiss.gif

goWSQXL.jpg

I think I just about managed to skim level 20 by the end. If there wasn't a lower cap on YYB I could have done more, but the CAPCHA's on the other three games just did my bleeding tree in...

Quad-maxing is definitely beyond my capabilities.

I forgot what year I did it in, but I was on the top 5 for all users that joined Shenkuu during one of the AC's. Definitely had to have been beyond quad maxing. I don't have the wrists or the time to pull that off again. 😅

3 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

I forgot what year I did it in, but I was on the top 5 for all users that joined Shenkuu during one of the AC's. Definitely had to have been beyond quad maxing. I don't have the wrists or the time to pull that off again. 😅

Very well done for doing it when you did though! :D

14 hours ago, berriganify said:

isnt the crafting faerie a thing from previous years?

she's become a staple in every Faerie Festival

i don't care about NC either :D

on to today's category .. really no comment on this

image.png.ca34e559f2c6c2c768236cd764a8b217.png

i wish that they would include larger pictures where it was needed. i would be perfectly happy to judge all four of the cc entries based on their merits as a captionable image...but i can barely see what's going on in two of them. oh well. i voted for the scorched birthday because i can tell what's going on and it seems pretty wacky.