Neopies 2020 Have Begun!

hrtbrk

I was very torn too, but in the end I went for the Lutari.

I do suspect this will be one of the few decent categories this year. ^o^;;

But then isn't pretty much anything like this a situation where you are having to choose from a selection of things that someone else has selected? So pretty much best-of-a-bad-lot the majority of the time?

Once again I'm unsure which to go for. They're all nicely drawn

a  thought occurs!

Isn't it a good thing they didn't add the Mutant Vandy in yesterday's options!!! Shows TNT has a teeny bit of sense, at least! Maybe that will show up in the "let us never speak of this again" category. lol.gif

Ok, to my choices!

The Eyrie's outfit's one of those ones with different bits all lumped together by the look of it. The ear and tail rings are on the thumbnail of the massive necklace. But when I try it on DTI they don't show up at all. If I had an Eyrie those would be the pieces I was most interested in for wearing all the time, without the massive necklace!, so that's that one out of the running for me.

The Ruki outfit's attractive, the hat is super cute! image.png.133a52d0950b4e2868802a6395a44406.pngLOOK at that! >:3 and not so on theme to not be able to use with other outifts, unless the top and skirt with those vines growing over them.

The Vandy's outfit annoys me just because they called it Kung Fu; you wanna try martial arts in those shoes?! xDD So lazy in the naming! It's still got nice pieces in it though.

The Korbat's wings make an interesting textural change, but the thumbnail shows the arm in armour, and that doesn't show up on DTI so hard to know how that works for people.

Hmm... I think I'm going to go for the Ruki, it's the nicest overall, and all its bits work properly!

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

meh ... i don't care about any of the categories particularly ... the last three days were not worth talking about in my opinion .. i just voted for whatever 

Yep, I've just voted the last three days for the admittedly low value prize... I keep hoping to get one of those banana sword things but no such luck.

I'm wondering what the other categories will be, they've switched out one they needed to avoid (best site event bypassed, maybe?) with yesterday's, but they're gonna have to do that with a few more yet.

How about... Most Obtuse Editorial - Pick from four excellent examples of us avoiding current site issues like a boss!

50 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm wondering what the other categories will be, they've switched out one they needed to avoid (best site event bypassed, maybe?) with yesterday's, but they're gonna have to do that with a few more yet.

How about... Most Obtuse Editorial - Pick from four excellent examples of us avoided current site issues like a boss!

Best Site Controversy: Charity Corner, Altador Cup Scoring, NC Rate on Brazilian Cards, Flash Conversion

Game Screwed Over The Best: Hassee Bounce, Turmac Roll, Igloo Garage Sale, Pink Runner

Thing That Doesn't Work Best: Customisation, Games, Neohomes, Lottery

Best Throwback to Things That Used to Work: Abandoned Attic, Golden Dubloon, Smuggler's Cove, Flash Games

This could be great fun...!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

Yep, I've just voted the last three days for the admittedly low value prize

Keep voting daily .. there's a special prize in the end (Usually a nice wearable) for people who vote every day , on the day of release 

NC Rate on Brazilian Cards

What is this ?

5 minutes ago, Secre said:

Best Site Controversy: Charity Corner, Altador Cup Scoring, NC Rate on Brazilian Cards, Flash Conversion

Game Screwed Over The Best: Hassee Bounce, Turmac Roll, Igloo Garage Sale, Pink Runner

Thing That Doesn't Work Best: Customisation, Games, Neohomes, Lottery

Best Throwback to Things That Used to Work: Abandoned Attic, Golden Dubloon, Smuggler's Cove, Flash Games

This could be great fun...!

lol

Igloo Garage Sale is easily the most broken. It's actually funny how broken it is, and yet they still threw it onto the site.

Oh, you have to vote on the day of release? Looks like I'm missing out then.

9 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Keep voting daily .. there's a special prize in the end (Usually a nice wearable) for people who vote every day , on the day of release 

What is this ?

Yeah, that's my aim I think!!

The NC Cards in Brazil were being sold at $9-10 for 2000NC plus a crappy NC item and four gift boxes, as opposed to $20 (or £20 in the UK) for 2000NC. The NC sellers were making a profit on it still because of the conversion rates, so could sell for far lower than the site rate. This has apparently been going on for a decade or more - needless to say, I only found out about it at the last minute. TNT finally decided to plug the gap and it caused absolute uproar on the community sites associated. Now the Brazilian cards give 750NC and two gift boxes - it's still a slight saving on TNT prices, particularly in the UK, but it is significantly less.

4 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

lol

Igloo Garage Sale is easily the most broken. It's actually funny how broken it is, and yet they still threw it onto the site.

Oh, you have to vote on the day of release? Looks like I'm missing out then.

Pink Runner is probably the close second as the scores don't tie over from levels, but yes. Garage Sale wins that one hands down.

How about Most Hated Item: Sticky Snowball... Sticky Snowball... Sticky Snowball... Sticky Snowball...!

3 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Why are the last 3 days all about Advent? *sigh*

*picks random choices*

I was wondering the same thing. Are they "trying" to make us "appreciate" their attempts of contriving "mini-plots" Tis the Off Season (Terror Mountain's AC team vacation)
A Bad Day for Hanso (A thief's tale about how they landed in jail? cough.gif
The Gift of the Xweetoki (Ok, we all saw this coming, right? The Gift of the Magi re-reinvented? Could be a favorite.)
The Negg Tree (Kari's obsession with Neggs naturally would lead to decorating a tree.) 

*I wrote this on my guild page and can't get rid of this weird pink background for my text. :lmaosmiley:

Ok, I agree they need to get over Advent Calendar!